PDA

View Full Version : Vortex 2.5-10 FFP ?

Ironbutt
01-27-14, 19:57
I've been thinking of replacing the Burris MTAC on my BCM RECCE with a Vortex 2.5-10 ffp MRAD. Are there any better options in the <$1000 price range?

ra2bach
01-27-14, 20:28
I've been thinking of replacing the Burris MTAC on my BCM RECCE with a Vortex 2.5-10 ffp MRAD. Are there any better options in the <$1000 price range?

it's a great alternative in that price range but it won't serve at the lower end like the MTAC will because of the FFP.

my suggestion is the SS1-6x24 -- http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-HD-1-6x24-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P53845.aspx

BrigandTwoFour
01-27-14, 21:33
I've been running the PST 2.5-10x32 FFP MRAD for a few months now. I think its an all around great optic for a rifle geared towards mid range shooting. The 2.5x on the low end is usable, but the FFP reticle does get small. The reticle really does shine past 5x, though. I like that my ballistic data is accurate at any magnification. I'm not sure I would choose it as a go-to run and gun optic, but it works great for more precision oriented shooting. Still, if it was all I had, I wouldn't feel like I was in a bad position.

A 1-6x or 1-8 makes more sense on a gun that falls into a more "general use" category. I really like what SWFA has done with their 1-6x. You never really defined your use for the gun, so this might have been no use to you at all.

quaesitor logica
01-31-14, 20:04
I'm running a 2.5-10 FFP MOA on my RECCE/SPR. It is a great scope for (3.5x and up) 75 yards and out to as far as the 5.56 is effective for, any closer and the fine reticle at 2.5x magnification becomes a liability for me, not at all useless, just slower to pick up. I run an MTAC or an Aimpoint PRO ( Like the MTAC better believe it or not) on my HD 12" AR. On my all purpose 16" AR , I run a Burris XTR 1-4 and it is good close in and great mid range ( out to 300 yards).