PDA

View Full Version : Troy Ind. BUIS

M1A2_Tanker
05-17-08, 17:12
Does anyone here know if the Troy buis uses the standard AR post and rear apputure?,
i was thinking of getting the fiber optic ones. Iv'e developed a pretty big floater in my shooting eye which makes it hard to see the sights.Might sound like a dumb question but im a noob to the AR.:D

cqbdriver
05-17-08, 19:55
Troy does not use the same rear aperture. Standard is 90 degrees. Troy is around 120 degrees:
http://www.troyind.com/Images1/rearsight.jpg

However, same style - large & small apertures. However, unlike military, the two apertures are on the same plane (same point of impact)

Ben Lenett
05-17-08, 20:25
The Troy Ind Front BUIS uses an AK post rather than an A2 variant.

M1A2_Tanker
05-17-08, 20:36
Well then...I guess since im pretty handy, I could pick up some TruGlo replacement fibers found here...http://www.truglo.com/content/products/archery/pins/replacement_fibers.asp
Drill some holes and attach with some clear Epoxy. Any thoughts on that Idea?:confused:

Rik
05-17-08, 20:56
I would buy a second rear aperture leaf and experiment on that with the fibers. I don't know if anyone sells just the rear leaf for the Troy, I would try Troy Ind. themselves.

http://store.troyind.com/aboutus.asp

On a somewhat related side note: Anybody know if anyone has a tritium replacement leaf for the Troy rear yet?

Robb Jensen
05-17-08, 21:43

Actually Ben you can get them with an A2 post now as well.

MassMark
05-17-08, 21:46
Actually Ben you can get them with an A2 post now as well.

Yup - A2 posts are available from Troy...I think there's also AK/AR 15 tritium posts as well? (not from Troy, but elsewhere)

Ben Lenett
05-17-08, 21:48
I just looked at the website and you are right! I hadn't seen them before. I knew they made a "A2" style front reference the ears, but not the A2 Post as well.

Thanks....now I have to order more crap! :)

M1A2_Tanker
05-17-08, 22:25
So then.... i have the M4 style ears, (came on my S&W M&P15T) what post would i have...or how can i find out? ie. measurement?:confused:

R.D.
05-17-08, 22:59
Does the front sight post have a detent to push when you turn the sight post to adjust it? The original Troy sight has the AK style without the detent. The A2 style has four notches arround the sight post that the detent fits into to lock it into place.

M1A2_Tanker
05-17-08, 23:29
Yeah ok it does have the detent. so i asume it is the AR post, anyone know what height these are? so i can order the correct one?

I sent an e-mail to Troy asking them about this same topic. I'll post their responce to getting a spare rear leaf.

Thanks to all who have helped me out!

:p

BushmasterFanBoy
05-18-08, 17:16

Newer models use the A2 style post with AR adjustment. On top of that, you choose between the AK hood and AR ears.

ETA: I see someone beat me to it!

About the M4 ear pattern, I just got a pair from LaRue last week to replace my MI pair, I love the front M4 ears on my rail, I haven't had that sight picture since my gun came with a fixed FSB in 2005. The AK ear Troy set I have on my other AR are great as well, but I like the M4 ears as they tend to let you center the post in the peep, without making your eye choose to center the post or the rounded AK hood like on the other front sight.

M1A2_Tanker
06-08-08, 17:23
Please excuse my delayed response, I have been out of the office on business. As far as the sights go, our front sight uses the standard A2 front sight assembly (if you have our current model). This means that any after market AR-15/m-16 front sight post will fit. Our rear sight is a different thread pitch, therefor you will not find a after market replacement with tritium. Replacement front post and rear aperture can be purchased via us. They are both $5 a piece. If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know. Thanks for your interest. Best Regards, Dave DeLucaTroy Industries:eek:

Troy does not use the same rear aperture. Standard is 90 degrees. Troy is around 120 degrees:
http://www.troyind.com/Images1/rearsight.jpg

However, same style - large & small apertures. However, unlike military, the two apertures are on the same plane (same point of impact)

So the angle and thread pitch are different.