PDA

View Full Version : Beretta PX4

attrapereves
01-29-14, 17:23
What does M4Carbine think of the Beretta PX4? I've got a few of them and they are some of the best polymer pistols I've tried. I'd rate them right under my Glocks.

bladeplay
01-29-14, 19:24
Right on the money spot for me.. Was my first polymer frame, and has been nothing but flawless. Mines a FS type F in .40s&w, while I also have a CX4 in .40 which is awesome As well.. Fits like a glove in the hand and very sleek looking. Plus the wife loves it, going to get a compact for her eventually. But tis one of my main HD guns would definitely recommend. The recoil is only moderate, and I plan to get low pro "bat wings" and a steel guide rod from Steve eventually. Plus I got a $50 rebate when I purchased mine $)

shutup&shoot
01-29-14, 19:43
Try the orange search button, they have been discussed before. You can find plenty of info, I would start there.

Tomac
01-29-14, 19:48
I have two PX4 Compacts in 9mm with appx 500rds total through them. They've been 100% and the rotating barrel action does seem to redirect the recoil impulse so it's more straight-back w/less muzzle rise (which I like).
I'm no fan of slide-mounted safety/decockers so I had my 'smith do the simple fix to change the safety/decocker (Type-F PX4) to SIG-like decocker-only (Type-G PX4). The "stealth" safety levers will make malf drills easier and automatically convert a PX4 to Type-G decocker-only.
I found the grip to be lacking in aggressive texturing, had to add Talon Grips for a secure hold.
Backstraps are interchangeable but more difficult to swap than w/other pistols (like the M&P).
DA is okay, SA is good (IMHO).
Sights have that pesky "combat" sight picture so if you're used to a 6 o'clock hold you're going to be hitting low. The PX4 fullsize & subcompact will accept aftermarket nightsights but the Compact has an unusual front sight width so your only nightsight option is to have Tool Tech drill the front sight and install a Trijicon tritium vial ($185 + shipping to drill/install both front & rear sights).
For me, the PX4 point-shoots better than any pistol I've ever fired (which includes M&Ps, SIGs, Glocks, other Berettas, etc) and is back on target faster as well (YMMV).
For my needs the PX4's shooting/handling characteristics outweigh the downsides (pricey nightsights, slide-mounted safety/decocker, slick grip, "combat" sight picture, etc), it now serves both EDC & nightstand duty.
Tomac

PX4 Compact w/factory grip and PX4 Compact frame w/Talon Grips:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Tomac/P1170001.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tomac/media/P1170001.jpg.html)

bladeplay
01-29-14, 19:54
Yeah there's a lot of info on both the CX4 and the PX4.. I've only heard of a couple complaints from agency's who had gotten them an had failed.. But never anything bad from your norm, just positive things.. I believe those were specifically isolated issues with some batches of guns issued. Replacing the guide rod with one from Steve B can help avoid the polymer one breaking though. Like I said throughout all forums and threads I've read from owners there one of there favorite pistols. And +1 for talon grips the PX4 can get quite slick

misanthropist
01-29-14, 19:56
These are issued to our border services agency. It is the first gun rank and file agents were issued.

I know two people involved in the process of developing the training program for that agency and implementing the program they designed.

The guns were so unreliable at that time that the trainers literally begged the agency not to proceed with them.

Problems included guns locking up so severely that hammers were a necessity on the range.

Maybe they've improved.

bladeplay
01-29-14, 20:08
23158 My 2 Partners

1_click_off
01-29-14, 20:11
Try the orange search button, they have been discussed before. You can find plenty of info, I would start there.

Think it is odd how many times people said to use the orange button, but it seems the orange was removed when the site got a face lift a couple months ago. But I agree, plenty of info on these on this site.

shutup&shoot
01-29-14, 20:23
Think it is odd how many times people said to use the orange button, but it seems the orange was removed when the site got a face lift a couple months ago. But I agree, plenty of info on these on this site.

Sorry about that, I use tapatalk. I didn't know they changed the format online.

attrapereves
01-29-14, 21:09
Sorry about the search. I tried to search for PX4, but it was too short. Searching for Beretta PX4 brought up mostly non-PX4 Beretta threads.

bladeplay
01-29-14, 21:11
Dude your fine' but people flame on that. Especially if its a common topic. No worries you know now

RogerinTPA
01-29-14, 22:01
I owned one in a 40 when they first came out. It broke 3 or 4 times under 1500 rounds and locked up several times, had to use a rubber mallet to unphoquet. Beretta made me pay for shipping both ways each time. After the last repair, I traded it for an M&P40 (which has 12K rounds through it without malfunction to date) and never looked back. Needless to say, their CS sucked ass, although they may have improved it since then. If dead set on a Beretta, I'd stick with the M9 variants.

warpedcamshaft
01-29-14, 22:11
They are enjoyable to shoot... but I would choose many other handguns over the PX4 if my intention was to use it when lives are on the line.

I would also take a Beretta 92 hands down over a PX4 for serious business, and overall shooting characteristics... However, the trigger and recoil impulse are 2 things that stick out to me as being interesting on the PX4...

Bottom line... with so many other strong contenders, I never saw a reason to buy a PX4.

warpedcamshaft
01-29-14, 22:20
I am a bit curious about what features/attributes of the PX4 lead you to this conclusion, and how many rounds downrange you've spent with the PX4... and what other handguns you have been exposed to.

What does M4Carbine think of the Beretta PX4? I've got a few of them and they are some of the best polymer pistols I've tried. I'd rate them right under my Glocks.

graffex
01-29-14, 22:21
I think they're complete pieces of crap. Ugly as hell, unreliable, no redeeming features at all. I've also seen them locked up and locked them up tighter than the Virgin Mary. Definitely wouldn't pick one over a 92f, hell I wouldn't pick one over a keltech. My state police adopted it for a bit and than dropped it like a wet turd.

Tomac
01-29-14, 22:23
I think they're complete pieces of crap. Definitely wouldn't pick one over a 92f, hell I wouldn't pick one over a keltech.

What has been your personal experience w/the PX4 to lead you to that conclusion?
Tomac

bladeplay
01-29-14, 22:30
PX4 is da bomb, and I mean that in a good way.. People just don't like Beretta.. Either that or just have really bad luck.. I've read and talked to 100s of people that have ran between 1-6k through theres without issue. Get a CX4 instead though :)

attrapereves
01-29-14, 22:53
I am a bit curious about what features/attributes of the PX4 lead you to this conclusion, and how many rounds downrange you've spent with the PX4... and what other handguns you have been exposed to.

I have a full size 9mm, 45, a compact 9mm, and a subcompact 9mm. In all honesty, I don't care much for the subcompact. It's a little chunky and not that much smaller than the compact, but it does shoot softer than my Glock 26. My groups with the Glock 26 are about half the size. Not sure if its the gun, trigger, or me.

Through the full size 9 and 45, I've probably got a combined 3,000rnd. I've only got about 500 through the compact, and less than 300 through the subcompact.

I like the way the guns feel in my hand and they are definitely soft shooters. I do not like the wide safety levers. I also do not like having to cover the target with the front sight. This combat style seems to be common on all Berettas. I originally did not like DA/SA pistols, but seem to shoot better with them (still prefer striker fired).

I owned two XD pistols a few years ago and didn't care for the grip safety, top heavy feel, and muzzle flip. They were traded for Glocks which I still own. I also owned a FS M&P9 and 45. I really liked the guns in my hand, but they just didn't "lock" in my hand like my Glocks. I've also owned a few other non-poly pistols (CZ, Kahr, a few 1911s).

I do like my 92FS better as a range gun, but the PX4 series makes a better carry gun. I'll probably end up selling the subcompact as it's almost the same size as the compact.

I owned one in a 40 when they first came out. It broke 3 or 4 times under 1500 rounds and locked up several times, had to use a rubber mallet to unphoquet. Beretta made me pay for shipping both ways each time. After the last repair, I traded it for an M&P40 (which has 12K rounds through it without malfunction to date) and never looked back. Needless to say, their CS sucked ass, although they may have improved it since then. If dead set on a Beretta, I'd stick with the M9 variants.

As far as the mallet thing goes. I don't understand how this could happen. Even if the barrel seizes up, the slide is easily removable. I had some lead bullet lube on the side of some brass that caused my chamber to gum up and the slide would not open. However, I was able to disassemble the weapon by removing the slide, then removing the recoil spring and barrel to clear the jam. This of course wasn't the guns fault. Where did your pistol seize up?

DreadPirateMoyer
01-30-14, 01:10
I think the PX4 is interesting, but not a good fighting pistol. I'm a suppressor owner, and the PX4's rotating barrel makes reliable suppression (at least with current booster technology) impossible. That eliminates it from ever competing for any fighting duty for me.

P.S.: The fix would be easy, with a booster creating some sort of axial force instead of linear force (also easy), but no one makes a booster like that and I can't see them coming into play anytime soon when the vast, vast majority of the market still utilizes blowback or Browning actions.

DBZ220
01-30-14, 07:02
I have 4 total. 9mm full size type C, a regular FS 9, a sub compact 9, and a FS .45. Highest round count on one of the 9s is around 6K. No problems of any sort over the years. I've since moved away from them but I'd still choose one over a Glock or M&P based on my personal experiences. The only real complaint I had with them was the grip gets very slippery with any extended training, so something like Talon grips are a must in my opinion.

Big Bronze Rim
01-30-14, 09:16
Being that I'm just not a fan of DA/SA guns with slide mounted safeties, the gun is already a non-starer for me. Albeit based on internet info, it seems it does not have the best track record for reliability. With the number of proven, reliable and similarly(or better) priced guns on the market, I see no reason to even consider the Storm.

brickboy240
01-30-14, 11:40
My brother has one in 9mm and I have borrowed it a few times.

The thing is a typical full size Beretta 9mm...soft shooting, reasonably accurate and a fairly well put together pistol.

It is also typical Beretta in the fact that it is overly chunky in the middle and has the awkward safety way up on the slide...where it is not convenient or fast to operate.

I also don't like the PX4 for the same reason I don't care for the 92 - with the huge, ambi safety on the slide....it is VERY easy to power stroke the gun on a fast reload and have the pistol on safety and de-cocked! Not good if you are defending yourself...it might get you killed. Trying to power stroke the PX4 and avoid the safety is just awkward and cannot be guaranteed in a hurry situation.

If you like it...shoot it but it is just not for me.

-brickboy240

attrapereves
01-30-14, 21:30
My brother has one in 9mm and I have borrowed it a few times.

The thing is a typical full size Beretta 9mm...soft shooting, reasonably accurate and a fairly well put together pistol.

It is also typical Beretta in the fact that it is overly chunky in the middle and has the awkward safety way up on the slide...where it is not convenient or fast to operate.

I also don't like the PX4 for the same reason I don't care for the 92 - with the huge, ambi safety on the slide....it is VERY easy to power stroke the gun on a fast reload and have the pistol on safety and de-cocked! Not good if you are defending yourself...it might get you killed. Trying to power stroke the PX4 and avoid the safety is just awkward and cannot be guaranteed in a hurry situation.

If you like it...shoot it but it is just not for me.

-brickboy240

I converted all of my PX4s to decock-only. It works much better for me. I never had a problem with the safety engaging as it's rather difficult to do. However, my 92FS is significantly easier to engage the safety.

RogerinTPA
01-30-14, 23:26
I have a full size 9mm, 45, a compact 9mm, and a subcompact 9mm. In all honesty, I don't care much for the subcompact. It's a little chunky and not that much smaller than the compact, but it does shoot softer than my Glock 26. My groups with the Glock 26 are about half the size. Not sure if its the gun, trigger, or me.

Through the full size 9 and 45, I've probably got a combined 3,000rnd. I've only got about 500 through the compact, and less than 300 through the subcompact.

I like the way the guns feel in my hand and they are definitely soft shooters. I do not like the wide safety levers. I also do not like having to cover the target with the front sight. This combat style seems to be common on all Berettas. I originally did not like DA/SA pistols, but seem to shoot better with them (still prefer striker fired).

I owned two XD pistols a few years ago and didn't care for the grip safety, top heavy feel, and muzzle flip. They were traded for Glocks which I still own. I also owned a FS M&P9 and 45. I really liked the guns in my hand, but they just didn't "lock" in my hand like my Glocks. I've also owned a few other non-poly pistols (CZ, Kahr, a few 1911s).

I do like my 92FS better as a range gun, but the PX4 series makes a better carry gun. I'll probably end up selling the subcompact as it's almost the same size as the compact.

As far as the mallet thing goes. I don't understand how this could happen. Even if the barrel seizes up, the slide is easily removable. I had some lead bullet lube on the side of some brass that caused my chamber to gum up and the slide would not open. However, I was able to disassemble the weapon by removing the slide, then removing the recoil spring and barrel to clear the jam. This of course wasn't the guns fault. Where did your pistol seize up?

The slide wasn't removable or movable, hence the use of the mallet to force the slide to the rear, thus unlocking it. It happened several times, and always with a spent case in the chamber. You literally could not move the slide. If you do a google search on this stuck slide phenomena with this pistol, you'll find many anecdotal incidents where the rubber mallet had to be used to remedy that situation. Many of them with LE agencies testing the PX4 for possible adoption, then quickly ditching that pistol and going to the glock, M&P or another choice.

Tomac
01-31-14, 03:53
http://berettaforum.net/vb/showpost.php?p=979897&postcount=10

attrapereves
01-31-14, 10:51
The slide wasn't removable or movable, hence the use of the mallet to force the slide to the rear, thus unlocking it. It happened several times, and always with a spent case in the chamber. You literally could not move the slide. If you do a google search on this stuck slide phenomena with this pistol, you'll find many anecdotal incidents where the rubber mallet had to be used to remedy that situation. Many of them with LE agencies testing the PX4 for possible adoption, then quickly ditching that pistol and going to the glock, M&P or another choice.

I've definitely heard of the problems, especially with the subcompact finish chipping, and the compact having some feeding issues early on.

I've also heard of the slide needing to be hit with a mallet, but never a cause for it. Like I said earlier, even if the barrel seizes up, the slide can still be removed. My only guess is that something came loose, maybe the recoil spring, thus preventing the slide from being removed. I've also never seen any videos or photos of the problem in action, so I am not sure of the cause.

Maryland State Police dropped the gun because of the floor plates coming off after being dropped on concrete. I also think the 40s had trigger slap and in some cases, the magazine wouldn't drop free. Providence, RI police also dropped it due to failures, but they gave no specifics. Basically, every failure I've ever heard of with the Cougar and Storm was a 40 or 357Sig.

I'm sure there are several other departments using the gun problem a free, otherwise they would drop it too.

HardToHandle
01-31-14, 19:51
Neighboring agency issued the .45 PX4 and were proud of it... For a few months.
Yanked all issued handguns within a year, plus the loss of significant outlay in new leather.

It surprises me any agencies not in Maryland are willing to give Beretta a try.

attrapereves
01-31-14, 21:13
Neighboring agency issued the .45 PX4 and were proud of it... For a few months.
Yanked all issued handguns within a year, plus the loss of significant outlay in new leather.

It surprises me any agencies not in Maryland are willing to give Beretta a try.

Any reason why they dumped it? Must be where I found some of my used mags for $15 (Thanks Copes!).

Sometimes agencies will dump guns, not because they weren't performing well, but because of monetary reasons.

I know of several agencies dumping the PX4, but I'm sure there are plenty of others using it without problems (Fresno, CA PD).

I hear a lot of negativity about the PX4, but never much evidence to back it up (videos or pictures).

HardToHandle
01-31-14, 23:18
Any reason why they dumped it? Must be where I found some of my used mags for $15 (Thanks Copes!).

Sometimes agencies will dump guns, not because they weren't performing well, but because of monetary reasons.

I know of several agencies dumping the PX4, but I'm sure there are plenty of others using it without problems (Fresno, CA PD).

I hear a lot of negativity about the PX4, but never much evidence to back it up (videos or pictures).

Fair enough - jamming was the issue. The exact nature of the jams is not known to me, as there was some customer service breakdown and a desire to rid the agency of the guns, which does not speak well to Beretta. The proximate cause was lack of confidence, after around a year of issues.

I am familiar with an agency that bought HK P7s for all deputies because of generous forfeiture funds. The agency that dumped the beretta was the opposite - underfunded, underpaid and driving broken down cars. Reportedly they has reached end of life on existing S&Ws and that brought on the PX4 purchase, plus going to .45 caliber. Only 50 or so guns, but still a disappointment.

BenFoo
02-01-14, 01:14
I have a fullsize px4 in 9mm. So far I have not had any failures. Roughly 2000rd down range with it.

Wide variety of ammo used. From 115g reloads to 147g HST and everything in between. I also just picked up some 158g 9mm on a whim. Curious as to how it will shoot. Mostly got it for steel reactive target shoots.

--edit--

After i took a class that we practiced a lot of malf drills I knew those "batwings" had to go. The new lowpro, decocker only are a lot nicer to operate than the OE.

attrapereves
02-01-14, 06:14
I was reading on another forum about the Rochester PD. They claimed that their 45s developed pitting in the barrel. They also trained their officers to release the slide by racking it instead of using the slide release. They said that sometimes the safety would come engaged. Lastly, they claimed holster selection was and still is minimal. They replaced them with Glock 21s.

Not sure about the pitting. It might have just been powder fouling. The bat wings I can definitely understand. It is impossible to rack the slide without touching them. That's why I converted mine to decock only.

Most people using them seemed to adopt them early on, right after they were released. Beretta has since fixed most of the issues, but its too late, the reputation is already tarnished. I also think the poor Cougar reputation carried over to the PX4.

All that being said, I really like mine and haven't had any failures. The same can't be said about my Glock 19 and 29.

GJM
02-01-14, 08:53
The PX4 has become the gun that people who are really pissed at Beretta for no longer making the 92G, Elite II and 92G-SD, like to use as an example of everything that is wrong with Beretta. Without suggesting the gun is perfect, and that the PX4 introduction was perfect, almost everyone I encounter who has one, and can report round counts through them is happy. When you ask people who dislike them, how long they have owned one, and what their problems were, inevitably you hear they have never owned one but heard about how bad they are.

Then there are examples of certain agencies "dumping the Beretta." As to the gun being "dumped," keep in mind that EVERY time an agency gets a new gun, they are DUMPING something they have. I assume Glock, Sig, S&W and other manufacturers have a primary goal with their LE sales efforts to displace their competitors, and try to influence civilian sales with these "victories." Determining why an agency switches is usually more complicated than reading the announcement press release. Yet, somehow when an agency switches from the Beretta it is viewed worse than switching to or from a Glock, M&P or Sig?

Then there is the mallet story and the rap on the PX4 is it needs to be lubricated. Anyone that owns a 92 and tries to run it dry, will quickly realize it also has a "lubrication problem" if they think it can be run dry as a Glock. The mallet seemed to have become nearly an urban myth, although folks say that even if locked up tight the slide can be removed without a hammer. As to a police officer getting frustrated and taking a hammer to their pistol --- shocked face.

I was never interested in a PX4, because I just didn't dig any Beretta handgun after a few decades of being told how lousy they were and how impossible to shoot. A 92G-SD thread here changed that, caused me to get one, and then more Beretta pistols. They are just wonderful pistols to shoot. Then when you start listening, you hear Bill Rogers, Bill Wilson, Ernie Langdon and others that know something say how they are their FAVORITE platform to shoot and they shoot a Beretta better than anything else. Ben Stoeger didn't seem to do too bad with one for years.

A few months back, Bill Wilson told me to check out a PX4. If you ever look at G series pistols on GunBroker, you will see that Bill appears to be cornering the Beretta market, buying every G, Centurion, Elite and Vetec that comes for sale. Bill told me a friend told him about the PX4, and he was like "thanks, but no thanks." The friend persisted, and while Bill isn't excited about the aesthetics of the PX4, he can shoot one faster than a 92.

I told a few friends about them. First guy rented a well worn one at his range, and said he could way outshoot a P30 DA/SA with the PX4, based on trigger and recoil characteristics. He has over 15,000 rounds thru a Gray P30, so he isn't uninformed. Apparently his range, which does minimal maintenance, never needed a mallet. Another buddy bought a pair, and soon displaced his P2000 with a PX4, based on his measured performance.

I got a 9 and .40 to test. The .40 is for use around animals, and is attractive because the 92 isn't considered a .40 friendly platform. I like that the PX4 is P30 sized, lighter than a 92, HD sights are available, and I can get quite high on the pistol. With a Cougar D spring, many feel the stock DA trigger is better than a stock 92 with a D spring. I don't have enough rounds to have formed an opinion, but it seems 92 accurate and fast splitting. The low profile G levers, can convert it to decocker much less expensively than a 92, and take away the slide/decocker 92 problem.

I am not wearing the PX4 fan boy hat yet, but I am certainly not a hater based on my experience and the experience of people I know, trust, and who actually own a current generation PX4.

Slater
02-02-14, 12:24
I was in the market for a full-size 9mm pistol about a year ago. The PX4 was reasonably priced and I probably should have taken a look at one, but I was admittedly turned off by all the negative press I'd heard about it. Went with a Glock instead.

Cagemonkey
04-17-14, 20:39
The PX4 has become the gun that people who are really pissed at Beretta for no longer making the 92G, Elite II and 92G-SD, like to use as an example of everything that is wrong with Beretta. Without suggesting the gun is perfect, and that the PX4 introduction was perfect, almost everyone I encounter who has one, and can report round counts through them is happy. When you ask people who dislike them, how long they have owned one, and what their problems were, inevitably you hear they have never owned one but heard about how bad they are.

Then there are examples of certain agencies "dumping the Beretta." As to the gun being "dumped," keep in mind that EVERY time an agency gets a new gun, they are DUMPING something they have. I assume Glock, Sig, S&W and other manufacturers have a primary goal with their LE sales efforts to displace their competitors, and try to influence civilian sales with these "victories." Determining why an agency switches is usually more complicated than reading the announcement press release. Yet, somehow when an agency switches from the Beretta it is viewed worse than switching to or from a Glock, M&P or Sig?

Then there is the mallet story and the rap on the PX4 is it needs to be lubricated. Anyone that owns a 92 and tries to run it dry, will quickly realize it also has a "lubrication problem" if they think it can be run dry as a Glock. The mallet seemed to have become nearly an urban myth, although folks say that even if locked up tight the slide can be removed without a hammer. As to a police officer getting frustrated and taking a hammer to their pistol --- shocked face.

I was never interested in a PX4, because I just didn't dig any Beretta handgun after a few decades of being told how lousy they were and how impossible to shoot. A 92G-SD thread here changed that, caused me to get one, and then more Beretta pistols. They are just wonderful pistols to shoot. Then when you start listening, you hear Bill Rogers, Bill Wilson, Ernie Langdon and others that know something say how they are their FAVORITE platform to shoot and they shoot a Beretta better than anything else. Ben Stoeger didn't seem to do too bad with one for years.

A few months back, Bill Wilson told me to check out a PX4. If you ever look at G series pistols on GunBroker, you will see that Bill appears to be cornering the Beretta market, buying every G, Centurion, Elite and Vetec that comes for sale. Bill told me a friend told him about the PX4, and he was like "thanks, but no thanks." The friend persisted, and while Bill isn't excited about the aesthetics of the PX4, he can shoot one faster than a 92.

I told a few friends about them. First guy rented a well worn one at his range, and said he could way outshoot a P30 DA/SA with the PX4, based on trigger and recoil characteristics. He has over 15,000 rounds thru a Gray P30, so he isn't uninformed. Apparently his range, which does minimal maintenance, never needed a mallet. Another buddy bought a pair, and soon displaced his P2000 with a PX4, based on his measured performance.

I got a 9 and .40 to test. The .40 is for use around animals, and is attractive because the 92 isn't considered a .40 friendly platform. I like that the PX4 is P30 sized, lighter than a 92, HD sights are available, and I can get quite high on the pistol. With a Cougar D spring, many feel the stock DA trigger is better than a stock 92 with a D spring. I don't have enough rounds to have formed an opinion, but it seems 92 accurate and fast splitting. The low profile G levers, can convert it to decocker much less expensively than a 92, and take away the slide/decocker 92 problem.

I am not wearing the PX4 fan boy hat yet, but I am certainly not a hater based on my experience and the experience of people I know, trust, and who actually own a current generation PX4.
Great info/story. The PX4 has gotten my interest, but I'm hesitant. Most of the info in regards to the PX4 reliability seems to be somewhat old. Haven't seen any recent updates. Would be nice if Beretta would publicly mention any changes to the pistol to alleviate the reliability problems. I'd like to hear Bill Wilson or someone from Wilson Tactical verify what you said about the PX4, not that I'm accusing you of any dishonesty. Would just like to hear it from the horses mouth.

GJM
04-17-14, 21:20
Great info/story. The PX4 has gotten my interest, but I'm hesitant. Most of the info in regards to the PX4 reliability seems to be somewhat old. Haven't seen any recent updates. Would be nice if Beretta would publicly mention any changes to the pistol to alleviate the reliability problems. I'd like to hear Bill Wilson or someone from Wilson Tactical verify what you said about the PX4, not that I'm accusing you of any dishonesty. Would just like to hear it from the horses mouth.

That is easy, just ask Bill Wilson. Bills posts on PF, and his guy is quite active on the Beretta forum. Better yet, take the Beretta course in May at Bill's ranch, taught by Ernie Langdon, where you must shoot a 92 or PX4.

I shoot an Elite II better, but I do like the PX4.

Cagemonkey
04-18-14, 19:52
That is easy, just ask Bill Wilson. Bills posts on PF, and his guy is quite active on the Beretta forum. Better yet, take the Beretta course in May at Bill's ranch, taught by Ernie Langdon, where you must shoot a 92 or PX4.

I shoot an Elite II better, but I do like the PX4.Cool. Thanks for the reply. Just checked the Pistol Forum and I couldn't find any positive info in regards to PX4 reliability. Until I can get some reputable/hard proof. I'm not going to take the risk on the PX4, though I'm attracted to the soft shooting aspect.

attrapereves
04-19-14, 22:43
I owned several PX4s. Never once had a failure. I only sold them because I am more comfortable with Glock style triggers.

anachronism
04-26-14, 19:25
According to the manual that came with my PX9, the 9mm guns are sensitive to bullet weight, and Beretta recommends 124 gr & heavier for them. I have shot 115 gr through mine, and it works fine. Other than normal new gun breakin, it's been good. The first mag had a number of jams, the second mag had much fewer, the third had practically none. After a dose of oil, and it's new gun cleaning, it works perfectly.