PDA

View Full Version : New Habit, Old Trick

SSgtELM
01-29-14, 20:34
Hi all! I'm from Virginia but temporarily living in North Dakota for now. I've been around guns all my life but just bought my own guns within the last two years. I have a Sig Sauer Mosquito (pink) and a Ruger LCP (purple) that is my concealed carry. I've been in the Air Force for 10 years now. I am an "expert marksman" on the M-9. I am thinking about stepping up my gun collection with an AR-15 or an M-4.
I have a few horses and dogs. Outside of the military I groom dogs for a living. I have a 5 year old daughter that is getting her first gun (.22 cricket) in a few weeks for her birthday.
We mostly target shoot. I'm not an avid hunter though I'm not against it. I'm here to learn more about these types of guns and see what is going to be the best for me.

SlimMan
02-03-14, 13:07
Welcome from another M4carbine new guy.

Phire Phite
02-16-14, 21:40
^^what slim said!! Welcome

Moss
02-17-14, 19:56
Welcome. Plenty of AR knowledge here for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

U&A
12-08-14, 09:33
welcome! I am new here too. if you are not failure with the AR-15 it is a very simple system and can be set up for a WIDE variety of applications. have fun and be safe

FishTaco
04-28-15, 01:50
I love the AR15, although 20" barrels seem to be from a forgotten era. The 16" rifles are easier to use and nearly as fast.

BuzzinSATX
04-28-15, 07:56
Welcome. You active duty or Guard/Reserve? Regardless, thanks for your service.

I retired from active duty AF in 2010. Miss the uniform a lot, but the new life is nice too. Take care and good luck with your new gun hobby.

Only advice I'd offer on the AR is avoid the cheap stuff out there. Stick with something like a Colt model 6720 or 6920 (or others) for a few bucks more and you will be money ahead.

Take Care,

Buzz