PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Basix trigger?

opngrnd
01-30-14, 18:32
Does anyone here have any experience with Remington 700 triggers from Rifle Basix? I'm thinking about trying the "L-1 K" one set just a hair under 4 pounds.

http://www.riflebasix.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24&selectOpts=1&products_id=196&zenid=aqr6fp6bqd03ln8fk2j662rvn7

I did a search on the company but didn't see anything from the forums.

opngrnd
01-31-14, 08:42
I'm also looking at a Timney trigger along the same lines.

http://www.timneytriggers.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=15

Does anyone have experience with this one?

For that matter, do there solve the problem of potential accidental discharges?

markm
01-31-14, 14:58
A hair under 4 lbs? That's awfully heavy. We run the Timney 517s (which is a 510 with a flat/straight trigger shoe). They are a great trigger for the price.

No experience with Rifle basix.

opngrnd
01-31-14, 16:06
At almost 4 pounds, it would seem so, but the first trigger I buy is going to be for the 30-06 I was gifted last winter for hunting. The rest of the Rem 700s triggers I'm shopping for are for heavy barreled rifles for target, varmint, long range shooting.

My 30-06 has a pre X-Mark trigger in it, and even if it weren't over 5 pounds with quite a bit of creep, I'd like the peace of mind of having replaced it with a safer design. I don't want to go too light on a hunting rifle, but at this point I'm thinking 3.5 pounds. My 30-06 is the only rifle I shoot that has the old style trigger in it, but the more I shoot it, the more I'd like to replace it, for safety reasons if nothing else. The heavy barreled rifles are having their triggers replaced as well.

Thanks for the info. While I've been asking a lot of questions lately, the info that you and others have given has been quite helpful.

Tzed250
01-31-14, 16:13
My brother and I installed a Rifle Basix trigger on his Model 700. It turned out well and for the money was a good improvement.

jmp45
01-31-14, 17:35
I installed a basix on an entry level bolt rifle, savage edge. Huge difference its at 2lbs 6oz.

Big Bronze Rim
01-31-14, 23:05
I considered both the Timney and the RB and ended up with the Timney 510 set right at 2.5lbs and have been very happy with it over the last 500-ish rounds. If you have a pre X-mark, someone who knows what they are doing can tune it into a great trigger.

Bushytale
09-02-14, 05:35
old thread by mistake