PDA

View Full Version : It Did Happen in the USA

RWH24
01-31-14, 23:06
Rare 1932 Film Shows U.S.Military attacking American War Veterans.
So you think American Troops won't turn their guns on American Citizens?
We better take heed and be prepared.
I don't remember studying this in my history classes. Wonder why?
One of the darkest days of US history... actual newsreel footage.
"Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves
it." — MarkTwain

FANTASTIC NEWSVIDEO: 1932 - Look for a young MacArthur and his aide,
a young Eisenhower, a young George Patton, Pres. Hoover, Walter
Winchell reporting.
Hard to believe this happened 80 years ago.
God Bless the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?feature=player_embedded&v=sNOsIB5VMSQ

SteyrAUG
01-31-14, 23:34
I knew about this, including the involvement of MacArthur, Patton and Eisenhower (all three just following orders like the guys at Nuremburg), I had no idea footage of the event existed.

One of our lowest points in history right up there with turning away the St. Louis during the war, cutting an amnesty for data deal with the Japanese who ran Unit 731 and being complicit in the absolute lie that Hirohito knew nothing about war crimes and was in no way responsible for the atrocities and war crimes of Imperial Japan.

brushy bill
01-31-14, 23:48
I knew about this, including the involvement of MacArthur, Patton and Eisenhower...

Funny how all three became at least 3 star generals...a coincidence I am sure...oh, and unlike enlisted officers swear an oath to the Constitution, not the President.

Scoby
02-01-14, 07:16
WOW! I've never heard of this before.

It seems the more that is revealed about our government the more I am embarrassed by its' behavior. Disgusted may be a better word.
No wonder government has lost the trust of hard working Americans. Including me.

chuckman
02-01-14, 07:19
The US has turned its back on Civil War and WWI veterans, to include using force against them. Those I know about...I am sure there are other instances I do not know about.

Whiskey_Bravo
02-01-14, 09:29
How I didn't know about this I have no idea. Incredible and embarrassing footage.

skydivr
02-01-14, 09:44
MacArthur should have been relieved right there for crossing the bridge then the President gave him explicit instructions not to.

This is a bad damn deal, with maybe NO successful resolution. So, without emotion, let me think this out. Notice it was Congress that failed, the dropped the ball into the President's lap. Having said that, faced with the possibility of a riot, what other possible choices could he have made? He may have felt that the Troops might be more kind and show more patience to fellow vets than riot police.

I was a soldier. I've thought about what actions I would take if given such an order, and what orders I would have to give, or refuse.

Gunfighter.45
02-01-14, 09:50
I will always be curious how much of our military will be for the people and how many of them will be against the people, law enforcement included. I can only ASS-UME! We the people are royally F***ED! I apologize if I seem pessimistic but to me it doesn't look very promising for us at all.

davidjinks
02-01-14, 09:55
I learned about the Bonus Marchers and what happened to them by the hands of our government and military in high school.

It's a shame what happened to our fellow soldiers and Americans.

it." — MarkTwain

Winchell reporting.
God Bless the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?feature=player_embedded&v=sNOsIB5VMSQ

Heartland Hawk
02-01-14, 09:59
MacArthur should have been relieved right there for crossing the bridge then the President gave him explicit instructions not to.

This is a bad damn deal, with maybe NO successful resolution. So, without emotion, let me think this out. Notice it was Congress that failed, the dropped the ball into the President's lap. Having said that, faced with the possibility of a riot, what other possible choices could he have made? He may have felt that the Troops might be more kind and show more patience to fellow vets than riot police.

I was a soldier. I've thought about what actions I would take if given such an order, and what orders I would have to give, or refuse.

I wonder how many of our current, young soldiers have given any thought to this?

Koshinn
02-01-14, 10:09
I wonder how many of our current, young soldiers have given any thought to this?

Many. I'd say most, but I have no proof.

davidjinks
02-01-14, 10:11
I wouldn't go that far. I work with soldiers everyday. Young, old, middle of the road.

It's the young (Meaning NEW soldiers) that worry me. The middle of the road and the older ones (Guys that have pulled at least one full enlist and longer), not a chance.

CRAMBONE
02-01-14, 10:18
And one of the many reason I care not for MacArthur.

davidjinks
02-01-14, 10:21
Just MacArthur?

What about the actual troops who pulled triggers, stuck fellow Americans with bayonets, burned down tents, beat children…The list goes on of course. This is only a small tidbit of information of what really went on. What about all of those people???

Not trying to pick a fight/argument. I just find it odd that you would single out 1 person over the MANY that were so complicit in this act of murder of American citizens/veterans and their families.

And one of the many reason I care not for MacArthur.

HD1911
02-01-14, 10:38

you must have served with a different group of young individuals than I did....the current crop of young troops worry the snot of of me. obviously can't paint everyone with the same brush, but all that the Current Military wants is nothing more than Yes men...not thinkers. Not people that will do whats right, per the Consitutuon.

The whole "I was just following orders..." comes to mind. Obviously this doesn't just apply to you Enlisted either.

Edit: when the Current Administration and Top Generals, even up to as high as the President, completely and blatantly disregard the Consitution, you know that perilous times are ahead of us.

Benito
02-01-14, 11:27
I knew about this, including the involvement of MacArthur, Patton and Eisenhower (all three just following orders like the guys at Nuremburg), I had no idea footage of the event existed.

One of our lowest points in history right up there with turning away the St. Louis during the war, cutting an amnesty for data deal with the Japanese who ran Unit 731 and being complicit in the absolute lie that Hirohito knew nothing about war crimes and was in no way responsible for the atrocities and war crimes of Imperial Japan.

I have heard about this before, and it is truly disgusting.
I have not heard about Unit 731 before, and upon looking this up, am sickened and appalled. The depravity of the Japs knows no bounds, and to give this scum immunity is inexcusable. Every single one of the perpetrators should have been tortured for the info rather than given blanket immunity. May they burn in hell for the rest of eternity.

SteyrAUG
02-01-14, 11:35
I have heard about this before, and it is truly disgusting.
I have not heard about Unit 731 before, and upon looking this up, am sickened and appalled. The depravity of the Japs knows no bounds, and to give this scum immunity is inexcusable. Every single one of the perpetrators should have been tortured for the info rather than given blanket immunity. May they burn in hell for the rest of eternity.

Not surprisingly, when the Unit 731 deal was reached, good old MacArthur was the "defacto" Emperor of Japan and it could not have happened without his knowledge or blessing. Wouldn't surprise me to learn it was his idea in the first place.

Gunfighter.45
02-01-14, 11:39
you must have served with a different group of young individuals than I did....the current crop of young troops worry the snot of of me. obviously can't paint everyone with the same brush, but all that the Current Military wants is nothing more than Yes men...not thinkers. Not people that will do whats right, per the Consitutuon.

The whole "I was just following orders..." comes to mind. Obviously this doesn't just apply to you Enlisted either.

Edit: when the Current Administration and Top Generals, even up to as high as the President, completely and blatantly disregard the Consitution, you know that perilous times are ahead of us.

Man you hit the nail in the head. I have conversed with some of our current enlisted and they have stated to me they will follow orders of knocking on doors if any order is giving. This video doesn't surprise me one bit. God help us

CRAMBONE
02-01-14, 12:56
Just MacArthur?

What about the actual troops who pulled triggers, stuck fellow Americans with bayonets, burned down tents, beat children…The list goes on of course. This is only a small tidbit of information of what really went on. What about all of those people???

Not trying to pick a fight/argument. I just find it odd that you would single out 1 person over the MANY that were so complicit in this act of murder of American citizens/veterans and their families.

No, not just MacArthur. But since you asked.
He was a prima dona.
Peleliu should have never happened.
The whole "emperor" deal.
He ignored thousands of Chinese across the border.
And the list goes on.
If I remember correctly he was in charge of this operation also.

And this isn't the only time something like this has happened. There are plenty of examples of the guard being used strike busters. Or the draft riots in NYC during the Civil War.

Abraxas
02-01-14, 13:10

I am the same. I knew the story of the Bonus Marchers and what happened, but never knew about the footage.

Cagemonkey
02-01-14, 13:22
At least the marchers had Marine Corps General Smedley Butler on their side.

TacMedic556
02-01-14, 14:16
99% of Americans have never heard of the Bonus Marchers Strike. History like that is not taught for a reason.

jmp45
02-01-14, 15:12
Never heard of this, this is quite appalling. Especially that the president did not want MacArthur to cross the bridge (5:00) and he did. From a conversation with Ike; "I cannot bother with pieces of paper during a military operation." For crying out loud, our Vets?

montanadave
02-01-14, 15:46
99% of Americans have never heard of the Bonus Marchers Strike. History like that is not taught for a reason.

Doesn't fit the popular narrative.

Moose-Knuckle
02-01-14, 16:05
At least the marchers had Marine Corps General Smedley Butler on their side.

Speaking of two time MOH recipient Major General Smedley Butler . . .

Shit y'all think the Bonus Army was bad . . .

Research The Business Plot, Prescott Bush (George W. Bush's grandfather) and some of his umm associates at Chase, GM, Goodyear, Standard Oil, and DuPont attempted to create a facist state through a military coup here in the US of A.

TAZ
02-01-14, 16:22
Notice it was Congress that failed, the dropped the ball into the President's lap. Having said that, faced with the possibility of a riot, what other possible choices could he have

The President could have punted back to Congress and said that he has no authority to police the citizens of the USA and allowed the local LEO to handle it. Maybe it would have resulted in 525 idiot reps getting linched or maybe not.

While I find the actions of the military and political leadership despicable and firmly believe that all active participants whose actions resulted in injury or death should have been dealt with according to the laws at the time; there is more to it than a simple these guys showed up wanting the money they were owed and got killed. If I remember correctly the bonus army showed up 12 years ahead of schedule to collect on their bonus certificate which were set to mature in 1945. Quite understandable given that the Great Depression cost most of them their jobs and much more, but still outside of the contract they agreed to.

There is a lot of blame to around on allowing the situation to go out of control.

Cagemonkey
02-01-14, 18:03
Speaking of two time MOH recipient Major General Smedley Butler . . .

Shit y'all think the Bonus Army was bad . . .

Research The Business Plot, Prescott Bush (George W. Bush's grandfather) and some of his umm associates at Chase, GM, Goodyear, Standard Oil, and DuPont attempted to create a facist state through a military coup here in the US of A.Thanks Moose. I'm familiar with that and the other Bush goodies.

CRAMBONE
02-01-14, 23:04
Thanks Moose. I'm familiar with that and the other Bush goodies.

Gen Butler wrote a book after he got out of the Corps, "War is a Racquet". I thought it was a decent read. Definitely anti war. There is also a book about the conspiracy, "The Plot to Seize the White House".

RogerinTPA
02-01-14, 23:44
I read about it while doing a research paper way back in the day. I was quite appalled at the number of then, junior officers who became some of our nations most well respected and revered leaders, who participated in this incident. I was beyond shocked. I could see this being ordered by our current leadership, if it were to happen today, but I doubt anyone wearing the uniform would carry it out...but since the progressive movement has made such a dent in many of our military's way of thinking, and many reports of mid and senior officers carrying this turds banner, it's more like I hope and pray that they would carry out the order.

Iraqgunz
02-02-14, 04:34
Strange how this topic came about. A short while back MacArthur was on TV and I watched it. Then I recalled that he and other junior officers who would later rise through the ranks, were involved in this fiasco. Americans of the newer generation are ignorant of history and often times they only want to know the sexy stuff. Not many want to hear about things like the Bonus Army or Internment of U.S. citizens.

Not only do they forget about this, but a scant 10 years later another president would issue an executive order 9066 that required all persons of Japanese ancestry to report for "relocation". It didn't matter that many of them were U.S. citizens (some of them were notables such as a young George Takei, Pat Morita and Robert Ito among others) and they lost EVERYTHING.

I read about it while doing a research paper way back in the day. I was quite appalled at the number of then, junior officers who became some of our nations most well respected and revered leaders, who participated in this incident. I was beyond shocked. I could see this being ordered by our current leadership, if it were to happen today, but I doubt anyone wearing the uniform would carry it out...but since the progressive movement has made such a dent in many of our military's way of thinking, and many reports of mid and senior officers carrying this turds banner, it's more like I hope and pray that they would carry out the order.

davidjinks
02-02-14, 11:58
I'm actually surprised that there are many people who don;t know about this or the internment of Japanese/US citizens.

When I was in grade school/high school we learned about all of this. To include drills in nuke fallout shelters and the history of the Cold War and the Nazi death camps. The only thing that wasn't taught to us (WWII history) was Unit 731. My dad taught that too me when I was a kid.

I make it a point to ask my son what he learned in school today. I specifically ask him about History and English. The school he goes too does an OK job. When he's curious about certain aspects of history, we talk. I get him books and we talk some more. Something my dad did with me. It was a mandatory thing with him. God forbid if I flunked either one of those subjects.

RWH24
02-02-14, 15:27
I never got this in any of my history classes. I may have heard my great uncles talk about it, just too young to remember.

Great uncle in center, his brothers and my grandfather in this photo dated 1918. Most of my great uncles became educators in the Knoxville, Tn. region. Back when they taught reading, writing and rithmatic.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1321/4777050/23518468/393300811.jpg

HD1911
02-02-14, 16:39
This is the first I've ever heard of such things....had no clue something like this had ever happened.

Armati
02-02-14, 20:48
So, this is all soon to be a current event. The Establishment Gops and Dems are already planning to screw vets out of their well earned benefits.

As Smedley Butler points out "all war is a racket." Keep this in mind the next time someone wants to take the nation to war or keep them in one.

Iraqgunz
02-02-14, 22:48
Afghanistan is a great example. We have no business being there and should have left years ago. Of course, no one wants vets coming back as well as thousands of contractors to get added to the unemployment lines. We are wasting millions of dollars per day in that country and American lives.

So, this is all soon to be a current event. The Establishment Gops and Dems are already planning to screw vets out of their well earned benefits.

As Smedley Butler points out "all war is a racket." Keep this in mind the next time someone wants to take the nation to war or keep them in one.

skydivr
02-03-14, 10:51
The President could have punted back to Congress and said that he has no authority to police the citizens of the USA and allowed the local LEO to handle it. Maybe it would have resulted in 525 idiot reps getting linched or maybe not.

While I find the actions of the military and political leadership despicable and firmly believe that all active participants whose actions resulted in injury or death should have been dealt with according to the laws at the time; there is more to it than a simple these guys showed up wanting the money they were owed and got killed. If I remember correctly the bonus army showed up 12 years ahead of schedule to collect on their bonus certificate which were set to mature in 1945. Quite understandable given that the Great Depression cost most of them their jobs and much more, but still outside of the contract they agreed to.

There is a lot of blame to around on allowing the situation to go out of control.

If the local leo had been left to handle it, it might have been worse. We will never know how much restraint was actually shown, or if the decision was the right one. The fact is that the Capitol was vunerable to a mob/riot, and federal troops were used to disperse it. A damn shame. Might it happen again? If it got bad enough, maybe, but now there are a lot more non-leathal means of crowd control. Posse Comitatas says ARNG troops would be used first.

If you wanna see something really scary to me (but I can't believe the military would EVER participate): http://www.youtube.com/user/GrayStateMovie

brickboy240
02-03-14, 12:05
Yes, you never heard of the Bonus Marchers Strike in history class.

..the same way you did not hear about Grant's union soldiers ravaging, burning and raping their way through the Southern states.

-brickboy240

montanadave
02-03-14, 12:23

..the same way you did not hear about Grant's union soldiers ravaging, burning and raping their way through the Southern states.

-brickboy240

My folks are both from the South. When we were kids, my mom would catch us eating a bunch of crab apples or some other such shit and exclaim, "That's gonna go through you like Sherman through Georgia!" :D

VooDoo6Actual
02-03-14, 13:48

-brickboy240

The same way you won't hear about somebody's brother's ties to an Islamic Terrorist organization either.

DragonDoc
02-03-14, 14:11
80 years and the government is still breaking promises and treating us callously.

SteveS
02-06-14, 20:13
Man you hit the nail in the head. I have conversed with some of our current enlisted and they have stated to me they will follow orders of knocking on doors if any order is giving. This video doesn't surprise me one bit. God help us Not to offend but most of those who enlist don't have much going on elsewhere.

HD1911
02-06-14, 20:20
Not to offend but most of those who enlist don't have much going on elsewhere.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable 'To My Country' for an amount "up to and including my life."

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Armati
02-06-14, 20:26

That has not been my observation in 20+ years in the business. Some of the best folks our country has ever produced are found in great numbers in our force.

SeriousStudent
02-06-14, 20:59

Um, no. I disagreed with John Kerry when he said that, and I disagree with you.

scoutfsu99
02-06-14, 21:09

I'll take offense to it Steve. This isn't the first time you've posted bullshit denigrating those who serve in the military.

Failure2Stop
02-06-14, 21:13

I'm your huckleberry.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Jer
02-06-14, 21:50
Playing devil's advocate here since people are piling on: some of the greatest men I've ever known were in the military. Some of the worst POS's I've ever known were also in the military. It would seem as though, like any group, you can have good human beings and shit heads. You've made your point so I don't think we really need 50 posts now saying the same thing.

GeorgiaBoy
02-06-14, 23:06
We covered this event quite a bit in my US History Survey my sophomore year of college.

And my professor was a flaming feminist liberal.

SteveS
02-09-14, 12:45
it." — MarkTwain

Winchell reporting.
God Bless the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?feature=player_embedded&v=sNOsIB5VMSQI guess this doesn't matter as well as other I am just following order statements. I could go on. No the good aren't recognized. Just like the good cops ruin it for the bad cops.

scoutfsu99
02-09-14, 13:00
I guess this doesn't matter as well as other I am just following order statements. I could go on. No the good aren't recognized. Just like the good cops ruin it for the bad cops.

What?

NCPatrolAR
02-09-14, 22:01
The insults need to stop

platoonDaddy
02-10-14, 20:38
Documents from an Ohio National Guard (ONG) training drill conducted last January reveal the details of a mock disaster where Second Amendment supporters with “anti-government” opinions were portrayed as domestic terrorists.

Ohio National Guard Training Envisions Right-Wing Terrorism

http://mediatrackers.org/ohio/2014/02/10/ohio-national-guard-training-envisions-right-wing-terrorism

NCPatrolAR
02-10-14, 21:48
Documents from an Ohio National Guard (ONG) training drill conducted last January reveal the details of a mock disaster where Second Amendment supporters with “anti-government” opinions were portrayed as domestic terrorists.

Ohio National Guard Training Envisions Right-Wing Terrorism

http://mediatrackers.org/ohio/2014/02/10/ohio-national-guard-training-envisions-right-wing-terrorism

:rolleyes: