PDA

View Full Version : prabellum armament rcs system

tvfreakarms
02-01-14, 15:45
I was wondering if anyone has used this on their ak's or know anyone that has one?
What do you guys think?
I just found out about it and it seems interesting.

http://www.parabellumarmament.com/RCS.html

zack991
02-01-14, 16:07
I have never used it. I know they make quality products, but for me the are adding more mechanics to the gun that are simply just not needed and a person is adding more things to the rifle that could go wrong.

BooneGA
02-01-14, 17:24
Having it fold is a stupid feature. For something that must be ran on every magazine change on an AK that makes it much more difficult to manipulate. I would almost be interested if they deleted the folding feature... and I still owned an AK.

Im not certain as to the value added (if any) of the feature.

Rick

1911-A1
02-01-14, 18:41
An MP5-style knob would be a good option. Easy to grab, but out of the way.

eodinert
02-01-14, 20:54
I love to see innovation like this, but at the end of the day, it's still an AK. The system still has many structural limitations that will hold it back.

Aside from agreeing with the comments about the folding handle, my first thought was...'That's the hottest part of the AK'. Bring a glove, or loose some skin...especially when you're searching for the folded handle :cool:

At the end of the day, by the time you 'fix' all of the issues with the AK, you could have had an AR, and a bunch of money to buy bullets with. You've got to appreciate AKs for what they are.

tvfreakarms
02-02-14, 05:45
a youtube video shows a guy shooting about 120rds and touching that area. It's pretty cool to the touch he saids.

tvfreakarms
02-02-14, 05:48
What about the akars system? Has anyone gave that a try? I know it's been out for a few yrs.
In the past some people said they it will loose zero.

I've also read that using their rear sight is a no go cause the aperture is higher than the ak, so, therefore it can't be co-witnessed.

I'm interested in it.