PDA

View Full Version : Haley D3 and Mayflower APC

lukejr985
02-04-14, 20:22
Just curious as to those who've run this particular setup, would I be better suited with the Mayflower Low Profile carrier, or the Mayflower Apc? I've ordered the Haley rig and while waiting I just thought I'd get everyone whose run its opinion.

Thanks,

Luke

Cmm46
02-04-14, 20:29
What type of armor are you planning on using?

GotAmmo
02-04-14, 20:32
what are your plans and expectations??

i run an APC and LWPC with my D3

lukejr985
02-04-14, 20:32
I planned on using plates on this particular setup, although I am admittedly a newb on this subject matter and would welcome what suggestions as to what would work the most efficiently.

Luke

lukejr985
02-04-14, 20:38
what are your plans and expectations??

i run an APC and LWPC with my D3

This is my first plate carrier setup, so honestly i don't know what to expect, what I've gotten from research is that the Mayflower APC is very comfortable, and looks like it sized appropriate for a bigger guy (I'm 6'3'' 275). I would be going to classes in this setup and, doing training with local SO as a reserve officer.

Cmm46
02-04-14, 20:53
If youre just using plates or plates and backers then go with the APC. The LPAC is made to be used with their L3 soft armor with or without plates. It gives you more coverage but only if youre using their soft armor panels.

lukejr985
02-04-14, 20:55
If youre just using plates or plates and backers then go with the APC. The LPAC is made to be used with their L3 soft armor with or without plates. It gives you more coverage but only if youre using their soft armor panels.

Cool, thanks for the info, i just got confused with attaching the D3 rig and the APC, because 90 percent of the info i found it was being mated with the LPAC, with that being said i will most likely be using plates with the possibility of using backers.

eggroll
02-05-14, 00:14
attach to APC and you will be fine.. however individual comfort is very subjective

lukejr985
02-05-14, 07:54
attach to APC and you will be fine.. however individual comfort is very subjective

solid copy egg roll, i appreciate the help!

Luke

JCast265
02-11-15, 23:39
I had been going the APC route but am now going with the LWPC instead.

It holds plates well, has a much larger Velcro mounting section on the front and I won't need the MOLLE up there as I will be using the D3CR on it. It has MOLLE webbing on the cumberbund for an extra IFAK or other gear and it's about $60 cheaper while maintaining all the features I need as a civilian.

cctroupe11
02-12-15, 09:36
Don't mean to jack the thread, but I plan on doing something similar...I'll be getting a London Bridge 6094A and running a D3CR on top. I like the idea of being able to unclip the Rig and run a slick carrier when necessary.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the hardware used (and how many pieces needed) to run the rig on the MOLLE without using the shoulder straps? I know I've seen two female clips on the front of some folks' PC's.

masan
02-12-15, 13:25
Wish I had noticed this thread earlier.

OP, I own both the Mayflower APC and the LPAC carriers as well as the D3.

I run Velocity Systems level III/IV ceramic plates with 3a backers in the APC with the D3 chest rig while my LPAC carrier has the 3a soft armor only (I transfer the Ceramic plates when I feel the need).

I would reccomend getting the APC over the LPAC as the specific soft armor for the LPAC carrier is nearly as much money as ceramic plates. It is a great design and I like mine, but if this is your first carrier and you plan to only run plates, I don't think the LPAC is the place to start as it major benefit is the ability to run plates in conjunction with the specific LPAC/LPAAC cut soft armor that offers more comfort/coverage (supposedly) than BALCS cut IIIa soft armor.

From what you said we are roughly the same size (6'2" 255) so my only suggestion would be to remove the shoulder pads on the APC if you buy it as they tend to dig into the neck and chafe, especially with vigorous movement/running.

Hope this helps with your decision.

ggammell
02-12-15, 14:11
Don't mean to jack the thread, but I plan on doing something similar...I'll be getting a London Bridge 6094A and running a D3CR on top. I like the idea of being able to unclip the Rig and run a slick carrier when necessary.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the hardware used (and how many pieces needed) to run the rig on the MOLLE without using the shoulder straps? I know I've seen two female clips on the front of some folks' PC's.

Google "Down range Gear". They have the female side clips you're looking for. Sorry I can't multitask to find the specific link at the moment.

cctroupe11
02-12-15, 15:27
Awesome, thanks! Are 2 only needed to run the rig, Do I need more for the bottom/sides to clip onto? Sorry, I haven't been able to check one out in person.

usmc_noma
02-12-15, 16:21
Google "Down range Gear". They have the female side clips you're looking for. Sorry I can't multitask to find the specific link at the moment.

I'm not sure what's going on, but the site has been down for at least a week. I just recently purchased a micro rig from OSOE and looked into using some Down Range Gear hardware to attach it to my PC, but it's a no go for now since the site's down.

ggammell
02-12-15, 16:33
I'm not sure what's going on, but the site has been down for at least a week. I just recently purchased a micro rig from OSOE and looked into using some Down Range Gear hardware to attach it to my PC, but it's a no go for now since the site's down.

I think I read on Lightfighter recrntly its a temporary outage. I can't find it while making dinner here. Sit tight.

GotAmmo
02-12-15, 19:28
http://www.optactical.com/dorageqaveco.html

this online store sells them also but they are sold out, you can add your email for notification of restock