PDA

View Full Version : P229 Duty Holster

Vandal
02-04-14, 23:36
I'm looking for something that is a little strange it would seem. I have a Sig P229 Elite Dark in 9mm with a SureFire X300U that I need a level 2 holster that I can run on my currently in-progress battle/ training belt. The inner belt that would be supporting it will most likely be 1.5 inches.If i could attach the G-Code RTI system to it that would be a bonus. I'm starting to get frustrated so I'm reaching out for some help before I abandon the Sig completely and go to Glock or the M&P just for the aftermarket support.

Just noticed I posted this in the Semi-auto handgun forum. If we could it to the Tactical Gear one that would be great.

Roc_Kor
02-05-14, 11:47
Have you checked out Safariland?

For level II retention you can either have the ALS (thumb pushbutton) or the SLS (rotating hood). They are offered in both a leg rig (that you can hang from the inner belt on your battle belt) or the mid-ride or low-ride belt plates (this is how I'm hanging my Glock in a Safariland from an HSGI Padded battle belt)

Looking at the fit-charts, if you want the SLS (rotating hood - Holster Models: 6280 & 6285 for belt, 6004 & 6007 for leg rig), you want fit number 7440

If you wish for the ALS style holster (Holster Models: 6360 & 6365 for belt, 6304 & 6305 (SLS + ALS leg rig), 6354, 6355, 6384 & 6385 (ALS Leg rig)) you need fit number 7442

Safariland numbers work like this: 6285-7440-XXX - the first number is the holster model, the next number is the fit number given above in bold. The rest of the numbers are colors and left-or-right handedness, which you can obviously tell from looking at the holster or from the pictures.

Safariland SHOULD work with G-Code stuff with adapters that G-Code makes. ALSO even though the holsers I mentioned are sized for regular X300s, you can punch out the bottom light cover of the safariland holster and it'll work with the Ultra.

voiceofreason
02-10-14, 20:15
if carried openly, Safariland ALS + SLS

I love the ALS by itself for range use

Vandal
02-10-14, 22:06
First, thank you both for responding.

It would be mainly just range/training use. Though it is legal in my area I choose not to open carry.