PDA

View Full Version : lower parts for A1 Kits

IBMer
02-05-14, 21:26
Midway USA has individual parts for A! kit lowers.
Trigger PN 385451 $11.79
Hammer with spring part # 517093 $19.29
Disconector part # 180104 $5.09
This will keep you from having to spend a bundle on a complete parts kit.
I have been told that you cannot use these original full auto Colt parts even if you do not have the sear or have no intention of building a full auto. I have even been told not to have the parts close to the M16 clone!
We can use the full auto BCG.
All the kits that I have seen have the cracked buttplate shoulder and these do too. I know where to get them cheap also and will dig up the info and post it later. These are original made in the 80's or 90's and come with the lower screw??
If anyone knows all the NFA rules for these clones please correct me if I am wrong.
IBMer

I FORGOT ABOUT THE SELECTOR!! We cannot use the Colt selector (safety) so now I will look for one to order. I should have just bought the complete LPK>

HackerF15E
02-05-14, 22:15
All the kits that I have seen have the cracked buttplate shoulder and these do too. I know where to get them cheap also and will dig up the info and post it later.

Do you mean like this? This pic is from the Sarco website for their parts kit....

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/images/products/detail/ORIGINALCOLTG.I.M16A1PARTSKITEC025.jpg

IBMer
02-05-14, 22:23
Do you mean like this? This pic is from the Sarco website for their parts kit....

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/images/products/detail/ORIGINALCOLTG.I.M16A1PARTSKITEC025.jpg
Yes, I heard this was from over tightening the butt screw. Did every GI over tighten his/her/it's screw?

WWhunter
02-06-14, 13:44
This could also hapen from other various reasons such as rough handling when putting it in a Armory rack, vehicle, etc. I was INTEROGATED by OSI for a couple hours once for this exact reason. For some reason the ignorate a$$ agent must have needed another 'feather in his cap' to make such a big deal out of a cracked butt. He seemed to think I was walking around smashing things with my duty weapon. True story!!!

eodinert
02-06-14, 20:46
Did every GI over tighten his/her/it's screw?

GI's weren't supposed to take a screw driver anywhere near their rifle.

IBMer
02-06-14, 21:44
I FORGOT ANOTHER PART!!! The selector, we cannot use the Colt selector so now I have to find one of those. Might as well bought the complete LPK.
IBMer

Heavy Metal
02-06-14, 22:22
There are ways to De-Mil M-16 Parts and keep them legal, even the selector but I don't recommend it.

I still recommend trashing the selector just so johnny law don't get confused by 'safe-semi and semi'. It is still three position.

The hammer you can grind the spur off the top hook and you shorten the tail on the Disconnector to the same length as on a standard Semi Disconnector. Both these parts start out as M-16 parts commercially and the Manufacturer modifies then as described to semi specifications. Once you re-park them, they are indistinguishable. The back of the trigger where is open (to accomidate the longer FA Disconnector) can be closed by a welder with a blob of weld too.

I would just trash the trigger(unless you have access to a welder) and the selector. Modifying the Hammer and the Selector to full commercial specification can be done in 5 minutes with a bench grinder. Grind and quench.

IBMer
02-07-14, 09:36
There are ways to De-Mil M-16 Parts and keep them legal, even the selector but I don't recommend it.

I still recommend trashing the selector just so johnny law don't get confused by 'safe-semi and semi'. It is still three position.

The hammer you can grind the spur off the top hook and you shorten the tail on the Disconnector to the same length as on a standard Semi Disconnector. Both these parts start out as M-16 parts commercially and the Manufacturer modifies then as described to semi specifications. Once you re-park them, they are indistinguishable. The back of the trigger where is open (to accomidate the longer FA Disconnector) can be closed by a welder with a blob of weld too.

I would just trash the trigger(unless you have access to a welder) and the selector. Modifying the Hammer and the Selector to full commercial specification can be done in 5 minutes with a bench grinder. Grind and quench.
Thanks HeavyMetal. I considered that but was told not to by the same person giving me advice on what is legal and I thought I would keep the Colt parts intact for some unknown reason in my feeble mind. I am curious as to how you could grind the selector into a two position, safe and semi auto.

IBMer
02-07-14, 09:39
I FORGOT ANOTHER PART!!! The selector, we cannot use the Colt selector so now I have to find one of those. Might as well bought the complete LPK.
IBMer

I bought a selector on GB so now I have about $52 in parts for my lower, kits run $45, $59 and upwards plus shipping so I saved a tiny bit but have fewer spare parts that could have been used or sold maybe!

Heavy Metal
02-07-14, 09:39
You can't it a two position. You can make it a safe semi and semi though.

And deimlimg the parts to semi configuration is perfectly legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

IBMer
02-07-14, 09:46
You can't it a two position. You can make it a safe semi and semi though.

And deimlimg the parts to semi configuration is perfectly legal.

Thanks again, if I do another I will demil what I can and maybe buy just a trigger. I also may not listen to my "advisor" as an authority anymore.

Heavy Metal
02-07-14, 09:48
My advice is to demilitarize them to semi spec or get rid of them entirely. Google constructive possession.

IBMer
02-07-14, 10:00
Replacement buttplate shoulders. E mail Dean Lucy at cckc59@msn.com and tell him what you want. The NOS parts are $5 for a stripped buttplate with a lower screw. The buttplates are packaged marked 1986 I think and the screw package is 1973.
If he is out I have a couple I will part with for $13 each shipped. Dean will want a USPS MO for payment and will ship promptly and is a great person to deal with.

IBMer
02-07-14, 10:03
This could also hapen from other various reasons such as rough handling when putting it in a Armory rack, vehicle, etc. I was INTEROGATED by OSI for a couple hours once for this exact reason. For some reason the ignorate a$$ agent must have needed another 'feather in his cap' to make such a big deal out of a cracked butt. He seemed to think I was walking around smashing things with my duty weapon. True story!!!
So you are the one who busted all the buttplates!! You probably cracked all the teeth off the handguards too.

HackerF15E
02-07-14, 17:26
Anyone have pics of one of these kits "in the wild" to see what the parts quality is like?

HackerF15E
02-07-14, 17:28
I bought a selector on GB so now I have about $52 in parts for my lower, kits run $45, $59 and upwards plus shipping so I saved a tiny bit but have fewer spare parts that could have been used or sold maybe!

This one goes for $37 shipped...FWIW

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/p-tac-blackhawk-lower-parts-kit.html

IBMer
02-07-14, 23:09
Anyone have pics of one of these kits "in the wild" to see what the parts quality is like?
I have the only one so far. The pics in the add is very close to mine. I have had 3 kits from 3 different places and thisw one had the best worn out finish of all. All have had good internal parts and functioned perfectly once built into a rifle.Thes are used, well used and are vets. I liked the battle field look and got just what I wanted.
If I get time I may post pictures of mine but they all will be different.

IBMer
02-07-14, 23:11
This one goes for $37 shipped...FWIW

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/p-tac-blackhawk-lower-parts-kit.htmlThanks Hacker, now if I ever build another one....

HackerF15E
02-08-14, 00:06
I have the only one so far.

Just outta curiosity, how do you know you have "the only one"?

Iraqgunz
02-08-14, 02:41
As usual lots of garbage information here. Constructive Possession is on Fantasy Island. As far as the full auto parts go, it has been mentioned many times in various letters sent out by FTB. Especially in regards to those who felt they needed to second guess the use of M16 carriers. You can have put any combination of parts in the lower. The problem arises when that gun goes full auto when it shouldn't. Newsflash- even semi-auto guns have doubled or burst fired due to defective parts.

If you understand how the FCG works, you will understand that once certain components have been changed (for example the selector) the weapon cannot fire full auto or burst.

Here's an informative post that is from AR15.com several years back. It spells everything out pretty clearly.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_6/739614_.html

*I am a non-attorney spokesman and the above given advice should not be a substitute for common sense and proper legal counsel.*

IBMer
02-08-14, 08:42
Just outta curiosity, how do you know you have "the only one"?By the original count of what they said they had in stock. Actually I think I was the first to order of the people on this forum. I did write the first review. I would like to hear from others if they order one of these kits as to condition etc.
IBMer

IBMer
02-11-14, 23:30
My advice is to demilitarize them to semi spec or get rid of them entirely. Google constructive possession.

Thanks again Heavy Metal. I think I will de mil them all right away!! Constructive possession is pretty scary.

scottryan
02-12-14, 07:02

It is not illegal to use a full auto selector, hammer, carrier, or trigger in a semi auto gun.

Colt installs full auto hammers into their 9mm semi auto guns.

There have been a number of opinions released by the ATF recently about this.

IBMer
02-12-14, 08:09
Thanks Scottryan, the more I try to research this the more confused I get and I see different opinions and interpretations. I will try to find some of the recent ATF opinions and post them if I find any.
I would like to use as many Colt parts as I can legally do but I do not need any time in the Federal slammer. Alao I have at least one of these for sale and had planned to mail the spare parts with the rifle.

Richard W.
02-16-14, 13:39
Thanks HeavyMetal. I considered that but was told not to by the same person giving me advice on what is legal and I thought I would keep the Colt parts intact for some unknown reason in my feeble mind. I am curious as to how you could grind the selector into a two position, safe and semi auto.

To convert a full-auto selector to semiautomatic configuration you merely have to grind the center cam off. This is the part that holds down a full-auto disconnector's tail when set to "auto". That's an unconverted selector on the left, modified one on the right.

I used a Dremel aluminum oxide grinding wheel to remove the material, a Dremel emery impregnated disc to polish it up, and a spritz of black spray paint to prevent corrosion. Took less than 5 minutes.

http://www.fototime.com/CCA0CF88C302ADF/orig.jpg

Iraqgunz
02-16-14, 13:51
Then I suggest you abandon your quest and use standard components. The clarity you seek will be as clear as mud. If you think there is some magical document out there then you will be disappointed. Its already been pointed out several times so you either do it or you don't.

Thanks Scottryan, the more I try to research this the more confused I get and I see different opinions and interpretations. I will try to find some of the recent ATF opinions and post them if I find any.
I would like to use as many Colt parts as I can legally do but I do not need any time in the Federal slammer. Alao I have at least one of these for sale and had planned to mail the spare parts with the rifle.

IBMer
02-25-14, 16:53
Then I suggest you abandon your quest and use standard components. The clarity you seek will be as clear as mud. If you think there is some magical document out there then you will be disappointed. Its already been pointed out several times so you either do it or you don't.

Thanks, actually I am going to use your advice and knowledge to go on and disregard all the other muddy water.
IBMer

vmikea
05-05-14, 07:07
looking for a full auto colt selector with the dimpled ends,

you can email me at vmikea@aol.com