PDA

View Full Version : Tac-Con 3 mode trigger

hecklerxkoch
02-06-14, 08:53
Has anyone has any time with this trigger?

I'm a little upset...I had done my homework and was waiting for the Dec 1 release date for about a month. I woke up early that Sunday to place my order and was one of the first 500 ordered....still haven't received my trigger, two and a half months later...I called them the other day to ask and the guy was telling me that they ran into an issue with their distributors selling the trigger and collecting the money before they were released. He said the distributors were crying about their customers not getting their triggers and Tac-con sent them all they needed leaving all of us in the dark to wait it out!

Now I'm waiting for mine and pretty upset at the customer service that is going on at Tac-con.

NoveskeFan
02-06-14, 09:11
Here's the thread on it:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?142456-New-495-Trigger

Arfcom has a 60+ page thread on it. Get a Geissele trigger for half the cost.

Here is a youtube review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcyoJwKm5l8

discreet
02-06-14, 11:41

I'm a little upset...I had done my homework and was waiting for the Dec 1 release date for about a month. I woke up early that Sunday to place my order and was one of the first 500 ordered....still haven't received my trigger, two and a half months later...I called them the other day to ask and the guy was telling me that they ran into an issue with their distributors selling the trigger and collecting the money before they were released. He said the distributors were crying about their customers not getting their triggers and Tac-con sent them all they needed leaving all of us in the dark to wait it out!

Now I'm waiting for mine and pretty upset at the customer service that is going on at Tac-con.

Wait, you ordered something Dec 1st, and just now called them to see whats going on? Also your story is a little confusing. So you purchased a trigger before it was released. Many of us will actually message the site ahead of time and ask if these will actually physically be in stock, or if it's an on order ordeal. Have you contacted the site you ordered it from?

hate to say it, but this kind of stuff happens, especially when buying an unknown item, from and unknown company, on a part just released (that every redneck in the us wants as it has a 3rd option to set selector to).

Did you pay with credit card? If you did contact them, get your money back, and get another FCG, while retaining the above lesson to avoid.

LostinKY
02-06-14, 12:32
Easy solution to the unknown..
Get refund if they got your money
or cancel order.
Buy good known quality trigger group.

Never be the first at any new product, especially with no history....it's just not worth it!

jesuvuah
02-06-14, 12:57
The armory out of traverse city MI just did a review on youtube. I visit their shop a lot. Anyway, he was putting it up against a timney and from what I could tell, he was shooting just as fast with the timney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcyoJwKm5l8

C-grunt
02-06-14, 13:20
Last week I was out at the local range and the Tac-Con guys were out there testing their triggers. Sparked up a conversation with them and they let me try it out. There is a technique to it if you want to shoot really fast and it probably can shoot faster than Timney/Geissele with some practice. I however was not able to shoot it that fast and I know I could shoot it just as fast with a Timney/Geissele. The guys that own it though can shoot it really fast. But from looking at it I would get tired fast trying.

I wont be buying one as I can get two Geissele's for the same price and shot at 90+ percent the rate of fire.