PDA

View Full Version : Is Karri's Guns GTG?

Just Prince
02-06-14, 13:34
Is Karri's Guns good to go? They have the upper I want at a great price. I want an Aero upper since I have an Aero lower. Thanks in advance. I apologize if this is the wrong forum.

justin_247
02-06-14, 14:24
Is Karri's Guns good to go? They have the upper I want at a great price. I want an Aero upper since I have an Aero lower. Thanks in advance. I apologize if this is the wrong forum.

If the info on their website is correct, then they are substandard, at best.

rdmega
02-06-14, 14:33
Yes, I ordered two lowers from them last year. Quick shipping (compared to psa...) and good communication. Not sure what else you could want. They are a parts distributer, not sure what info is expected other than what the manufacturer gives them.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Koshinn
02-06-14, 14:45
From their website, they compare their lowers to Spikes Tactical. Comparing yourself to Spikes is... an interesting choice. That they also chose commercial buffer tubes should raise red flags as to their competence.

They also sell uppers with fake suppressors, only offer 1-9 twist barrels, don't list the specs for their BCGs, don't mention the company that makes their rails, don't even offer chrome lined barrels, don't list exact type of barrel steel, and claim this is a feature of their uppers "Ready To Be Snapped on your Upper (http://www.karrisguns.com/ar-15-upper-receivers/556223-uppers/16-uppers/stainless-steel-uppers/kg-tactical-556-stainless-steel-12hg-complete-upper)".

Yes, they said their upper is ready to be snapped on your upper. Not only that, but even assuming they wrote "lower" instead of "upper", the fact that they're using it as a selling point gives you a clue to their target audience.

Stay away from them.

They do sell some pretty sweet earrings though: http://www.karrisguns.com/fashion-and-jewelry/earrings/ar15-with-magpul-and-acog-scope-earrings-

ETA: If you're just buying a upper receiver without anything else on it, I don't see the harm in getting an Aero part from them vs from anyone else.

rdmega
02-06-14, 14:47
I agree, however I bought stripped aero lowers so I just needed a good price. The uppers, get stripped and should be fine.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Just Prince
02-06-14, 14:51
Thanks. I only want the striped Aero upper I have no plans for other purchases.

tonyxcom
02-06-14, 16:35
I ordered a 5 pack of Anderson lowers from them late last year and they got to my FFL very quickly. However, I will not buy Anderson lowers anymore. They have a weird crinkly type finish.

discreet
02-06-14, 16:39
Thanks. I only want the striped Aero upper I have no plans for other purchases.

Then why bother with a middleman. Buy them from AP direct. They in stock. No point in fiddling with lesser known companies that sell butt crap grade parts.

If you don't want to buy from AP just get a SAA stripped upper. They are SAA labeled AP uppers.

Much overthinking being done here.

dkindig
02-06-14, 18:42
Wouldn't buy their assembled uppers or lowers, but they had the best price going on Aero stripped lowers when I was shopping, shipped fast, no problems whatsoever. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a stripped upper or lower from them.