PDA

View Full Version : Review: G-Code / Haley Strategic INCOG IWB Holster System

Voodoo_Man
02-07-14, 11:42
http://i.imgur.com/hirbBQc.jpg

Description:
Per the manufacturers website this holster is injection molded plastic, not kydex, wrapped in "tactical fuzz" which is a type of synthetic suede (per their description - "Tactical Fuzz is a "suede like" synthetic outer laminate. This outer layer presents a softer surface that significantly reduces noise during movement, lowers the rigs reflective signature in the IR spectrum and blends with the surrounding environment. "Tactical Fuzz" has a near 0% water absorption rate and is permanently bonded to the holsters outer surface. Tactical Fuzz is an available upgrade on ALL G-Code holsters (except for the SOC Rig) and magazine carriers as well as select G-Code accessories.") and is a "minimum bulk, multi-positional, deep concealment holster. Its distinctive features enable the concealed carry of a handgun from a variety of carry positions while facilitating the acquisition of a full firing grip on the weapon prior to the draw. Inherent are adjustments in the depth of carry, angle of carry, the position of carry and security of carry."

I was given this holster by a friend to review it. I wore it for about two weeks, hitting the range twice with it (for about 5 hours totals) and while that is not up to the standard I normally require for a solid review of something, especially an EDC item like a holster, I have hit the ceiling with this holster. The holster runs $69.95 plus shipping and a 4-6 week wait period. The holster can be purchased in various different colors and patterns (even kryptek!), for what purpose I do not know since it is designed to be a concealed holster.

The holster measures about 4 inches wide at its widest point (plastic clip end to trigger guard cut out), it measures 5.875 inches from bottom of holster to top of sweat guard, it measures 1.875 inches deep (opening for pistol). With the G-Code clips in their standard position once attached to pants and a belt, there is .5 (half) an inch of clearance from the top of the pants to the first finger groove of a Gen4 G19. The Glock is exposed about 3 inches from the same position from the top of the pants to the end of the slide. What does all this data mean? I'll explain as I am talking about master grip/grip placement, holster design, comfort and overall usage.

Read the full review here: http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2014/02/g-code-haley-strategic-incog-iwb.html

Grip
02-07-14, 12:12
Thank you.

I ordered a gray/black fuzz INCOG w/mag carrier a week ago. 4-6 week wait i guess.

I havent been able to find negative reviews on this holster. Not saying your review is negative, but it is honest.

Caduceus
02-07-14, 12:15
Does anyone here have similar experiences? I've got one on order (still about a month away). Is it worth cancelling?

Trajan
02-07-14, 12:46
Good review. I thought that this holster was hokey when it first came out, this just confirms it. Awaiting your DSG review. Love that thing.

I don't really view the gap as an issue. Holsters with WMLs are bigger from the looks of it.

I don't think many people actually carry at 12 o'clock. Not sure how that would be possible as a male.

1.00 draw and shot at 7 yards? Holy balls. I'm stuck in the 1.3 second area. Any advice?

Dos Cylindros
02-07-14, 12:48
I like the INCOG. I have used it for both the M&P and Glock platforms and for my uses it has performed well. Mine is used primarily as a quick on/off holster for warm weather and quick trips. I have the mag caddy on order as I think it will make it even more convenient for my uses. It's not as well executed as my JM Custom AIWB but it does the job I need it to do.

Shawn.L
02-07-14, 13:27
There are multiple reports of this holster shitting the bed during force on force training.

tuck
02-07-14, 15:38
Good review.

I bought into the initial hype and ordered a Incog the day I picked my Gen 2 G19 up. Like you, I found the clip closest to the slide of the pistol basically useless and it actually made the pistol much harder to conceal. I carried it that way for a few days, but was pretty underwhelmed with it at that point. I did end up removing the clip, and now only use the clip over the trigger guard. It solved the majority of the issues I was having, but now the holster is free to shift much like a RCS Vanguard, and the tab that the second belt clip attaches to is free to jab my nether regions. At this point I'm considering selling it and picking up a different AIWB rig (Spartan Village, PerSec Systems, etc...) or taking a dremel to it and removing the tab.

MAP
02-07-14, 16:30
From your review,

"I am merely stating my personal experience with AIWB holsters, my personal requirements for AIWB holsters and my opinion on functionality of the holster as I see it. Your experience may vary. . ."

No objectivity in your review. You are correct in that other may have a different experience.

Mike

Voodoo_Man
02-07-14, 18:21
Correct it is my experience. I can not state what others do or know, only what I can articulate.

I understand this review ia pretty critical, but not everyone can have the same opinion because something is widely accepted or produced by someone people respect. I think Haley is an awesome dude that knows his shit abd ill probably take a class with him, but this holster is a no go.

orlanger
02-07-14, 23:26
There are multiple reports of this holster shitting the bed during force on force training.

Source?

bfk4lyfe
02-07-14, 23:50
I like mine. I bought the G17 model and use it to carry a G19. However, there is no way I can use it for anything other than AIWB, the slide side attachment wing buries into my side and is extremely uncomfortable. I prefer my comp-tac and crossbreed for a 4:00 carry. As much as I like it I don't think I can use it in the summer either as it prints quite a bit (I'm 5-11, 195 with a 31" waist. I will be using a VG2 then). I'm hoping to ask Travis about his thoughts when I take his D5 handgun class this year. There is quite a bit of adjustability in it and I may be doing something wrong.

The_Watcher
02-08-14, 08:12
I have carried between 100 pm to 230 pm on my body for over a decade. It just works for me and I am happy that there are more options of quality holsters available now. What I don't like is the lack of availability of HK and Walther pistol compatibility in the INCOG line. This seems like it would be a great holster for a little PPS.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

pingdork
02-08-14, 12:30
I agree with your review. I bought one a few weeks ago based on HSP rep.
Most uncomfortable holster ever. bending, sitting, tying shoes became impossible tasks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sapper36
02-08-14, 17:30
I have been using the holster just about since it came out and found the review to be contrary to my experience. I would like to ask those that don't like it, what AIWB holster they are comfortable with? I am asking to try and determine if it is the gear or method that is causing the issues. And if there is something substantially better then I want to know. For reference I am 6'2" and since I have not been running a lot up to 216lbs.

Voodoo_Man
02-08-14, 17:48
I have been using the holster just about since it came out and found the review to be contrary to my experience. I would like to ask those that don't like it, what AIWB holster they are comfortable with? I am asking to try and determine if it is the gear or method that is causing the issues. And if there is something substantially better then I want to know. For reference I am 6'2" and since I have not been running a lot up to 216lbs.

I was going to add, I am 6'0 180, athletic, and its just too bulky. The guy I got it from is like 6'4 300, and he loves it.

R0CKETMAN
02-09-14, 05:51
I've got an OSH on order for 1911 range use. It appears the one reviewed here would be better suited for either 4 or 8 o'clock.

Seeing the blog pic of the incomplete trigger guard coverage makes me think it's an anomaly vs design flaw...one would hope.

Rinspeed
02-09-14, 10:06
wrapped in "tactical fuzz"

That is just retarded.

Up1911fan
02-09-14, 10:13

JM Custom, JR Custom CDA, CCC Shaggy, in that order.

tuck
02-09-14, 12:12
I was going to add, I am 6'0 180, athletic, and its just too bulky. The guy I got it from is like 6'4 300, and he loves it.

That makes sense that we shared some of the same issues then, as I'm pretty much the same size as you. For a bigger dude, I think the Incog would work very well.

sapper36
02-09-14, 20:03
JM Custom, JR Custom CDA, CCC Shaggy, in that order.

While those look like good kit I am having trouble putting together what they offer that's significantly different/better than the g code offering. A holster that is adjustable, holding a gun, cannot make that much of a difference. I really feel that if you don't like AIWB carry, the holster is not going to mean much. I started using AIWB with a leather holster and a G19 years ago. It just works for some and not others, blaming one piece of kit seems silly.

Voodoo_Man
02-09-14, 20:21
While those look like good kit I am having trouble putting together what they offer that's significantly different/better than the g code offering. A holster that is adjustable, holding a gun, cannot make that much of a difference. I really feel that if you don't like AIWB carry, the holster is not going to mean much. I started using AIWB with a leather holster and a G19 years ago. It just works for some and not others, blaming one piece of kit seems silly.

Not all holsters are created equal.

Dos Cylindros
02-09-14, 20:40
Not all holsters are created equal.

Well said. My JM Custom AIWB is head and shoulders above the INCOG. That being said, my INCOG fills a specific role for me, and does it well.

BSmith
02-09-14, 20:48
I appreciate the honest review. I've been more disappointed by products that everyone spoke super highly of and no one would even consider saying anything negative about than I have with products with honest reviews.

Voodoo_Man
02-09-14, 21:05
Well said. My JM Custom AIWB is head and shoulders above the INCOG. That being said, my INCOG fills a specific role for me, and does it well.

And that's the caveat. If it fills a role awesome, sometimes you need a specific piece of kit to do one specific thing.

jpeezy
02-09-14, 22:28
I've neglected training with my G19 and 30, both taking a backseat to my duty G21 and new favorite 41. I ordered Gcode OSH holsters for the 19/30 with various attachments and was curious if anyone in this thread has experience with the IWB adaptor?

CCK
02-10-14, 07:39
what I would really love is that norcalkydex holster you linked to in your review with the tactical fuzz.

Chris

Voodoo_Man
02-10-14, 09:04
what I would really love is that norcalkydex holster you linked to in your review with the tactical fuzz.

Chris

Some moleskin and 3m 77 spray should do nearly the same thing.

Elbowtko
02-11-14, 04:32
I sent an email to GCODE wondering what their response would be regarding the trigger guard coverage as this is an area that concerns me.
-----------------

Hello,

I had previously owned a incog, and have another one on the way for a brown Glock 19 Brown Incog w/ caddy. I had inquired about the amount of trigger guard coverage on the glock previously and noticed that on every holster the trigger guard does not come up to fully cover the trigger guard. There is a gap left between the area behind the trigger and in front of the magazine catch. While I know this is a small gap, it is disconcerting especially in appendix if there is a piece of shirt or object that gets stuck in that area.

This review mentions the issue

http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2014/02/g-code-haley-strategic-incog-iwb.html

as the issue is discussed in this thread as well

(link to this thread)

Is it possible to have the trigger guard extended up slightly higher to offer more coverage on mine specifically?

Here is the response

The trigger guard is covered, you can not get your finger in there and nothing else is going to work there way into the trigger. Covering any further back so you don't see the bottom rear of the trigger guard is going to mean you can't get a full firing grip on the pistol. I don't see what the problem is you hope to "correct"... when there is no problem. Your idea would hinder fast and definitive operation. We do no do any custom orders.

Voodoo_Man
02-11-14, 06:11
It is interesting since that was one of the issues I instantly observed before even putting it on and during training it came out as an issue. If it wasn't an issue then it wouldnt have come up in training/use of the holster.

I'd like to know who T&E'd the holster, their results and why was the desicion made to open the front sight area.

Wake27
02-11-14, 07:23
I sent an email to GCODE wondering what their response would be regarding the trigger guard coverage as this is an area that concerns me.
-----------------

Here is the response

Am I the only one who thought their response could have been written a little more politely?

It is interesting since that was one of the issues I instantly observed before even putting it on and during training it came out as an issue. If it wasn't an issue then it wouldnt have come up in training/use of the holster.

I'd like to know who T&E'd the holster, their results and why was the desicion made to open the front sight area.

I would imagine Haley and some of his boys were on the list.

NCPatrolAR
02-11-14, 07:31
They've had some employees with low social IQs in the past

Voodoo_Man
02-11-14, 07:57
Hate to point out the obvious,, but, if you give something to t&e to a "chosen few" that are buddies or the typical people in the industry that give the rubber stamp to items it negatively affects us, the end user.

Which is one of the reasons why if given the opportunity ill review a piece of kit even though I know it'll not live up to expectations.

trinydex
02-11-14, 12:47
Thank you.

I ordered a gray/black fuzz INCOG w/mag carrier a week ago. 4-6 week wait i guess.

I havent been able to find negative reviews on this holster. Not saying your review is negative, but it is honest.

i can no longer stand the incog. for appendix carry it is a senseless design. why would you design a holster which you market mostly targeted toward the appendix carry crowd and then proceed to make the area that tucks into the pelvic crease or any other crotchal part of the human anatomy the largest and widest part of the holster? this makes for discomfort. this is one of the least comfortable holsters i've ever had. tip to those who want to appendix carry. make sure the holster you buy has a totally minimal muzzle area.

i've already stated in other threads that this holster is no good for kidney carry for me. the tactical fuzz somehow gets the skin on my hip to pinch as i move around during the day. it's also totally not conforming to the body as it's not pancaked because it is targeted mostly toward the appendix carry crowd.

Elbowtko
02-11-14, 15:20
Hate to point out the obvious,, but, if you give something to t&e to a "chosen few" that are buddies or the typical people in the industry that give the rubber stamp to items it negatively affects us, the end user.

Which is one of the reasons why if given the opportunity ill review a piece of kit even though I know it'll not live up to expectations.

Do you have any opinion on the Norcalkydex holster, essentially a full taco version of the incog, it even has a gcode style clip that is made? I do like that style of clip, I just prefer more trigger guard coverage and the shorter width because it only uses one clip.

alternatives with that config?

It looks similar to the philster holster, except for the clip and the retention adjustable screw. The philster is vacuum formed kydex which is better than the regular foam pressed kind though. Don't know about Norcal.

I noticed you mentioned it on your blog.

Voodoo_Man
02-11-14, 15:26
Do you have any opinion on the Norcalkydex holster, essentially a full taco version of the incog, it even has a gcode style clip that is made? I do like that style of clip, I just prefer more trigger guard coverage and the shorter width because it only uses one clip.

alternatives with that config?

It looks similar to the philster holster, except for the clip and the retention adjustable screw. The philster is vacuum formed kydex which is better than the regular foam pressed kind though. Don't know about Norcal.

I noticed you mentioned it on your blog.

I have one of NorCal Kydex's AIWB holsters, I got it about a month back (or so) for T&E.

http://i.imgur.com/XBYVYgo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aezba1u.jpg

The g-code style clip sucks, even the sturdy one that comes with it (much sturdier than the clip on the incog). I am getting a "pull the dot" setup on a strut setup for it. For me it seems to be the best setup, most comfortable and most agile.

There are some things I am seeing that need fixing, specifically the ambi-setup option that no one uses. But that's a theme in many holsters I see made, not exactly a negative, just a design style that picked up.

If you only carry a gun right handed, then you should have a sweat guard setup for that hand carry.

Elbowtko
02-11-14, 15:48
Yes, If I were to purchase a kydex holster from norcal, I would ask for a full sweat guard. He does take requests it seems. Anything else negative?

Is there anything else about it like workmanship, durability?

Voodoo_Man
02-11-14, 16:09
Yes, If I were to purchase a kydex holster from norcal, I would ask for a full sweat guard. He does take requests it seems. Anything else negative?

Is there anything else about it like workmanship, durability?

I have that AIWB in front of me right now.

I would say send him an email and see if he will do a custom job for you.

Without doing a whole review on it, I will say that the retention is tight, the finish is excellent and the design is minimal.

Plinkerton
02-11-14, 18:45
Hey everyone, this is Ori from NorCalKydex.

Thanks for the interest.

I've been talking to Voodoo_Man lately, and he's given me some great insight on what to change about my AIWB.

It's definitely modeled after the PHLster Access, and similar designs, as it's my personal favorite way to carry.

Voodoo_Man expressed that the clip sucks for him. I haven't had an issue with it, but I don't run my gear hard. I'm just a normal CCW'er, out here in California no less.

But, I do want to make these as best I can, so I love to hear any and all criticism and questions.

I do now offer a an option for a great injection molded strut and great quality (coated webbing and real pull-the-dot) pull the dot loop on my website.

Also, I'm phasing out the old clips I was using, the one that Voodoo_Man received, and am switching to a stiffer and more robust overhook.

I am going to keep offering the option, as I'm personally a fan of the clip, simply for ease of removal, etc.

As far as the sweat guard goes, I can do that now if you email me.

I'm going to mess around with the design a bit more, figure out the easiest way to do it, and then put it on the website as an option as well.

Anyway, this is all new to us, and we're just trying to get a simple, affordable, and good product out there.

After personally overpaying for a couple big name kydex holsters, and starting to make my own, it amazes me how much some people are charging.

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: Regarding the "tactical fuzz" thing. I won't be offering it, as I'm not a fan of it, I find it a huge pain to make, and it's a fairly expensive option.

But, I will be selling very high quality suede patches, with industrial 3M adhesive already applied. They're quick and easy to stick on the parts that matter, without having them in the areas that don't.

TurretGunner
02-11-14, 18:51
Ive had one about a year now. Its not a very comfortable holster. I have a bit of a gut so wearing up front is impossible while driving or sitting down. The only way I can comfortable wear it is on my strong side and with a g26 or 19.

l8apex
02-11-14, 19:35
My INCOG doesn't get any carry time since running it for a few weeks when I received it. Currenty using a Raven VG2 which is works well in the CCW AIWB role. As a long time AIWB user, I've found that low profile of the VG2 work best in this carry mode. I still own a JB Custom for training when reholstering is necessary. With that said, AIWB is a very person dependent type of carry. Meaning some holsters will work with different builds and some wont. Some holsters will work better at 1-2 some at 12 for the specific individual. Unfortunately finding that 'one' that works is usually costly and time consuming. The INCOG probably works well for some builds, just not mine. YMMV.

BTW Awesome blog Voodoo Man

gun71530
02-11-14, 20:31
I definitely think body type is key to whether or not the INCOG will work for you. I'm 6'4" 230lb's and I love the holster.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Voodoo_Man
02-11-14, 20:37
My INCOG doesn't get any carry time since running it for a few weeks when I received it. Currenty using a Raven VG2 which is works well in the CCW AIWB role. As a long time AIWB user, I've found that low profile of the VG2 work best in this carry mode. I still own a JB Custom for training when reholstering is necessary. With that said, AIWB is a very person dependent type of carry. Meaning some holsters will work with different builds and some wont. Some holsters will work better at 1-2 some at 12 for the specific individual. Unfortunately finding that 'one' that works is usually costly and time consuming. The INCOG probably works well for some builds, just not mine. YMMV.

I am actually working on a Raven VG2 review. It is a great holster, for what it does specifically. There are aspects of it that I do not like, but if the holster is used in the correct context it works very well.

Thanks for checking out my blog.

tuck
02-11-14, 21:29

This is good news for me. I was interested in your work, but the lack of a sweat guard turned me off a bit. My Incog is listed in the EE and if/when it finds a new home I will be looking hard at ordering a rig from you. What is your current lead time?

x2. I did some browsing over there this evening. You have a very well written blog with awesome photography as well. Keep it up.

Plinkerton
02-11-14, 23:19
This is good news for me. I was interested in your work, but the lack of a sweat guard turned me off a bit. My Incog is listed in the EE and if/when it finds a new home I will be looking hard at ordering a rig from you. What is your current lead time?

x2. I did some browsing over there this evening. You have a very well written blog with awesome photography as well. Keep it up.

My current lead time is 5 days or less. :)

Elbowtko
02-11-14, 23:21
Hey everyone, this is Ori from NorCalKydex.

Thanks for the interest.

I've been talking to Voodoo_Man lately, and he's given me some great insight on what to change about my AIWB.

It's definitely modeled after the PHLster Access, and similar designs, as it's my personal favorite way to carry.

Voodoo_Man expressed that the clip sucks for him. I haven't had an issue with it, but I don't run my gear hard. I'm just a normal CCW'er, out here in California no less.

But, I do want to make these as best I can, so I love to hear any and all criticism and questions.

I do now offer a an option for a great injection molded strut and great quality (coated webbing and real pull-the-dot) pull the dot loop on my website.

Also, I'm phasing out the old clips I was using, the one that Voodoo_Man received, and am switching to a stiffer and more robust overhook.

I am going to keep offering the option, as I'm personally a fan of the clip, simply for ease of removal, etc.

I'm going to mess around with the design a bit more, figure out the easiest way to do it, and then put it on the website as an option as well.

Anyway, this is all new to us, and we're just trying to get a simple, affordable, and good product out there.

After personally overpaying for a couple big name kydex holsters, and starting to make my own, it amazes me how much some people are charging.

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: Regarding the "tactical fuzz" thing. I won't be offering it, as I'm not a fan of it, I find it a huge pain to make, and it's a fairly expensive option.

But, I will be selling very high quality suede patches, with industrial 3M adhesive already applied. They're quick and easy to stick on the parts that matter, without having them in the areas that don't.

Thank you, the kydex overhooks that are pictured from voodooman looks like they came from IFI, what kind of overhooks are you using now? How well do they compare with G-Code's clips.

Plinkerton
02-11-14, 23:26
The ones I was using were from DIYHolster.

The ones I'm starting to mess with, and trying out now, are from Holsterloops. They appear to be identical to the ones from IFI.

I get my colored kydex from IFI, but their belt loop prices are insane.

Holster loops sells the same ones for. $1.50 instead of $3.00
http://shop.holsterloops.com/IWB-Over-Hook-IOH.htm

They seem much more secure to me than the G-Code clips.

I have a couple G-Code clips and they've been fine for me, and I've had no issues, but, these are stiffer, and seem very strong, and also have a more positive wrap around the belt. They're a little harder to get off, but that's not a bad thing.

Ironman8
02-12-14, 00:14
A lot to agree with regarding the review, but at the same time, the INCOG has proven to be comfortable and concealable for me at the 3:00 position (and I'm a pretty solid 5'8 185 lbs). My draw times are also down by at least .25 seconds, although I think that has more to do with holster position than anything. For reference, I'm coming from a pancake design positioned at 4:30. HOWEVER, I agree that I would rather my front sight be covered and the retention really is sub-par IMO. Also, I noticed that my retention loosened even more the other day and after inspection found out that the holster was cracked at the retention screw. I'll be sending it back to G-Code as soon as I can for repair/replacement. I know that kydex does crack sometimes, but I'm not sure if I can really trust the INCOG design 100% now after that.

I had never heard of NorCal Kydex before, but that Clearlake Concealer looks like it may be just the ticket to give me exactly what I like about the INCOG while addressing the negatives that I found with it. Ori, if you need someone to T&E that model (with a reduced/half sweat guard) and put it through its paces, I'm game ;) I plan to take Southnarc's ECQC again this spring. Would really test the holster in that environment.

Plinkerton
02-12-14, 00:22
Thanks for the offer. :D

I must say, I'm quite surprised that the Incog has been having retention issues, and has actually cracked.

I don't own one, but was under the impression that G-Code really has their stuff together. They seem to make a lot of products (not the Incog) for "real operators", and military people.

I need to make another test Concealer model, as I'm curious about using the strut/pull the dot setup with one.

Also, because the Concealer is cut so low, I think it might be a pain to reholster into. I think I'm going to have to put a sweat guard on this one as well to help with that.

Elbowtko
02-12-14, 01:23
Ori,

I may be sending you an email real soon regarding the AWIB holster with a full sweat guard.

There is not much I hate about the Incog holster. If I were to change a few things about holster, it would be the cut out front sight + extra clip, and put more trigger guard coverage! The extra clip IMO is awkward even in other holstering positions (for me) it is only real useful if you buy the mag caddy, which I don't intend to use.

I like to keep things simple, one covered up holster, one clip.

What I do like about the incog, are bent G-Code clips that push the gun towards you, and the tactical fuzz. Though I might be willing to live without the fuzz.

Also, I live in Bay Area. I know your feels.

R0CKETMAN
02-12-14, 06:48
G-Code order cancelled

Voodoo_Man
02-12-14, 08:21
After I get done doing this review series of AIWB holsters, I have like 5 or 6 to go still, I will do a very long wall of text style write up on AIWB carry, what it should do and how it should perform for certain people.

In my opinion there is no real "cookie cutter" holster out there that is one size fits all. All of us are different and have different needs/performance standards. I am extremely hard on my kit and have had holsters break or not function the way they are supposed to, which is good and bad.

Plinkerton
02-12-14, 09:30
What I do like about the incog, are bent G-Code clips that push the gun towards you, and the tactical fuzz. Though I might be willing to live without the fuzz.

The bent Gcode clips, while I think is an awesome idea, don't really seem to do much.

The clips are quite flexible and I don't notice that they push the holster into the body any more than other ones.

I have no personal experience with the Incog specifically though, just the Gcode clip on my PHLster, and the one I bought separately. It cost be $18 dollars shipped and sits in a box, and I use a $3 clip on my EDC.

The fuzz, seems to be hit or miss to people. I made a full suede wrap for myself to test test it, and much prefer the unwrapped ones. But, I did stick a square of suede on my holster and am liking that.

There's definitely something to it.

But like I mentioned, I've never used the Incog. They may have nailed it.

I do think it's cool how they use Kryptek.

sapper36
02-12-14, 11:57
G-Code order cancelled

Did you ever actually use one or have you cancelled soley based on a review from someone that you have probably never met? I am not attacking you or trying to fight for g code, as I have no association with them at all. I just find it odd that people make decisions based on other peoples opinion. Voodoo has been very clear that his review was simply his experince as the holster worked for him. You may have found that it worked great for you.

R0CKETMAN
02-12-14, 12:54
Did you ever actually use one or have you cancelled soley based on a review from someone that you have probably never met? I am not attacking you or trying to fight for g code, as I have no association with them at all. I just find it odd that people make decisions based on other peoples opinion. Voodoo has been very clear that his review was simply his experince as the holster worked for him. You may have found that it worked great for you.

I cancelled for three primary reasons

1. Carried my 5" 1911 in my CompTac this morning and realized it meets my needs even in paddle config

2. I prefer the area inside the trigger guard to be fully covered.

3. I got an email last night stating it was week two and I had another four to go.

FYI: order was NOT for the holster reviewed. I've learned through a drawer full of IWB kydex that a MS SSII is far superior in comfort for IWB carry....1911s or Glocks

Redbeardsong
02-12-14, 14:12
I've appendix carried regularly with holsters I've made. The position of the rear clip on the Incog looks like it would dig into my leg. Designs like the JM Custom look like they would work better for me.

xjustintimex
02-12-14, 15:04
When I first got the incog I hated it and was super disappointed compared to my jm aiwb rig. However... when I took one of the clips off and played with it's adjustment a bit I found it allows you to really make it work well. It is extremely concealable for me now compared to when I first got it and it is also a lot more comfortable. The fuzz helps keep it in place and I dont worry about clothing moving around as much. I was disappointed in the retention as well as it just does not hold the gun as tight as I would prefer... but aiwb I think it is enough. Not sure I would use it anywhere else. I modified mine further by adding a wedge to help tuck the grip in a little bit. It was not like some of the other aiwb holsters I have where they came ready to go after I unpack-aged them - it took some fiddling and modifying but I really like it now.

sapper36
02-12-14, 15:48
I cancelled for three primary reasons

1. Carried my 5" 1911 in my CompTac this morning and realized it meets my needs even in paddle config

2. I prefer the area inside the trigger guard to be fully covered.

3. I got an email last night stating it was week two and I had another four to go.

FYI: order was NOT for the holster reviewed. I've learned through a drawer full of IWB kydex that a MS SSII is far superior in comfort for IWB carry....1911s or Glocks

Well that makes good sense and not even close to what I was thinking when I asked the question!

fourXfour
02-12-14, 21:57
I really like my INCOG and carry at 2:30. My VG2 is way more comfy, but doesn't fit the bill when drawing and holstering frequently.

I understand the concerns about the holster and can see how it would not work for many users.

gun71530
02-12-14, 22:00
When I first got the incog I hated it and was super disappointed compared to my jm aiwb rig. However... when I took one of the clips off and played with it's adjustment a bit I found it allows you to really make it work well. It is extremely concealable for me now compared to when I first got it and it is also a lot more comfortable. The fuzz helps keep it in place and I dont worry about clothing moving around as much. I was disappointed in the retention as well as it just does not hold the gun as tight as I would prefer... but aiwb I think it is enough. Not sure I would use it anywhere else. I modified mine further by adding a wedge to help tuck the grip in a little bit. It was not like some of the other aiwb holsters I have where they came ready to go after I unpack-aged them - it took some fiddling and modifying but I really like it now.

What did you use for a wedge?

xjustintimex
02-13-14, 10:15
My gf sewed together some very small pillows with Velcro. I've also cut up pool noodles and glued Velcro onto those.

Wake27
02-13-14, 10:26
I really like my INCOG and carry at 2:30. My VG2 is way more comfy, but doesn't fit the bill when drawing and holstering frequently.

I understand the concerns about the holster and can see how it would not work for many users.

I find the INCOG more comfortable, but the VG2 conceals better for me. I carry my 19 at the 12:00.

gun71530
02-13-14, 20:31
My gf sewed together some very small pillows with Velcro. I've also cut up pool noodles and glued Velcro onto those.

Thanks, using the foam from pool noodles is pretty good idea.

xjustintimex
02-13-14, 21:12
The tactical pool noodle is one of the more comfortable options I have found - lol

Treyh007
03-09-14, 14:16
Hey Guys, I just ordered a incog for my G17, I'm hoping I can also use it with my 19 and 26 models. Can anyone confirm this? My Blackhawk Serpa Holster fit all 3 pretty well so I'm hoping this will work with the incog I just ordered. Thanks

Voodoo_Man
03-09-14, 14:58
Fits all three.

Grip
03-09-14, 18:14
Im at 5.5 weeks waiting for my INCOG.

Email says 4-6 weeks to be shipped. This coming thursday will be 6 weeks.

R0N
03-09-14, 18:28
Im at 5.5 weeks waiting for my INCOG.

Email says 4-6 weeks to be shipped. This coming thursday will be 6 weeks.

9 weeks and still waiting; I will give them a few more weeks till I cancel

tuck
03-09-14, 18:32
Waiting 9 weeks for a molded plastic holster is beyond ridiculous. I'm glad I ditched my Incog for a Spartan Village AIWB. Waiting one week for a superior product is a win in my book.

bakercountyboy
03-09-14, 18:56
I ditched the incog and ordered a Kirkpatrick leather TCC for my g27. Im just not a fan of molded plastic. I still have my armordillo concealment kydex holser (OWB) for when im training with my g22 duty weapon. But that's the extent I go with plastic/kydex holsters

MountainRaven
03-09-14, 19:01
9 weeks and still waiting; I will give them a few more weeks till I cancel

That's ridiculous.

If it were me, I'd cancel and call Dale Fricke. (If it were me. You might choose somebody else. Dale's practically local for me.)

Grip
03-10-14, 08:47
Just got an email saying 2-3 more week wait due them being in the middle of moving production.

So it looks like the total wait is up to 8-9 weeks.

Pretty lame for an injected molded plastic holster with fuzz glued on it.

At this point it is already getting a bad score in my review of the holster.

G19 Driver
03-10-14, 13:02
I think I waited 7 weeks on mine. I'm one of the people that the Incog works well on for AIWB. I'm pretty happy and I am glad I waited on it. I almost canceled after 5 weeks.

gun71530
03-10-14, 13:08
I waited 6 weeks for mine, but I ordered pretty early on. I guess the wait was no big deal for me, I waited 9 weeks for CCC Looper years ago.

Grip
03-10-14, 13:20
The only thing that kinda pisses me off is that i was told 4-6 weeks until orders ship. So i placed the order. Now at 6 weeks i am being told 2-3 more weeks due to increased demand.

So in 2-3 weeks ill be told the same story because they cant get their act together on an injected molded plastic holster?

I waited 9 months for a RCS phantom holster. I told myself never again would i believe the hype and wait that long. I was unimpressed with the RCS and sold it. It was just a kydex holster with a premium price tag. My $50 kydex holster made in a dudes arizona garage in just a few minutes is still here and works as good as it has since the day i got it.

I was really excited to try out the INCOG. But i asked for a refund.

Im not going to support this kind of crap.

Grip
03-10-14, 15:46
Order cancelled, refund inbound.

TimeOnTarget
03-28-14, 10:07
10 weeks and counting. Very frustrating!

I really want to try this holster as I think it may work well for me in spite of the criticism. You never know until you try it.

The company told me they are moving into a new facility which is causing further delays. I am going to wait it out.

Watrdawg
03-28-14, 10:50
I purchased an INCOG last November or so and wore it for 2-3 weeks. EVERYTHING that Voodoo_Man said in his review fits my experience almost to a T. I'm only 5'5" and I'm 175lbs. Not fat at all and in the gym 4-5 days a week. This was a very uncomfortable holster to wear. I think part of it is my body type. When sitting there isn't much room between my waist and leg or groin. No matter how I positioned the holster it was very uncomfortable. I finally had enough and sold it 3-4 weeks after buying it. I purchased a CCC Shaggy and this holster fit my body type much better and was definitely more comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. However, I have since gone back to carrying IWB and have purchased a CCC UNO IWB holster. I'm carrying a G19 by the way. I have kept the CCC Shaggy holster and will use it depending upon the conditions required. In my experience AWIB isn't a preferred carry method based on my body type. IWB is much more comfortable and versatile. The CCC Shaggy AWIB holster does work for me but the UNO IWB is much more functional for me.

Voodoo_Man
03-28-14, 12:37
I purchased an INCOG last November or so and wore it for 2-3 weeks. EVERYTHING that Voodoo_Man said in his review fits my experience almost to a T. I'm only 5'5" and I'm 175lbs. Not fat at all and in the gym 4-5 days a week. This was a very uncomfortable holster to wear. I think part of it is my body type. When sitting there isn't much room between my waist and leg or groin. No matter how I positioned the holster it was very uncomfortable. I finally had enough and sold it 3-4 weeks after buying it. I purchased a CCC Shaggy and this holster fit my body type much better and was definitely more comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. However, I have since gone back to carrying IWB and have purchased a CCC UNO IWB holster. I'm carrying a G19 by the way. I have kept the CCC Shaggy holster and will use it depending upon the conditions required. In my experience AWIB isn't a preferred carry method based on my body type. IWB is much more comfortable and versatile. The CCC Shaggy AWIB holster does work for me but the UNO IWB is much more functional for me.

I believe the consensus is that the INCOG works well for bigger guys, and those are don't have much in the weight department have issues with it.

Last night I was at a training session with two pretty big guys (6' in the 330lb area) and one had an INCOG, it worked well for him.

jahwarrior1423
03-28-14, 14:12
I ordered my INCOG a week ago. Frustrating to see that it'll be taking longer than what is stated on their website. Especially one guy waiting 10 weeks. Looks like I'll be looking at another holster and cancel my INCOG holster.

gun71530
03-28-14, 19:15
I ordered my INCOG a week ago. Frustrating to see that it'll be taking longer than what is stated on their website. Especially one guy waiting 10 weeks. Looks like I'll be looking at another holster and cancel my INCOG holster.

To be fair they are currently in the process of moving to another production facility.

Grip
03-29-14, 08:26
To be fair they are currently in the process of moving to another production facility.

To be fair they quote a 4-6 week lead time after they take payment. Then at 6 weeks they say "2-4 more weeks due to us moving into a new facility"

I ordered a Cane and Derby aiwb holster. They gave me 10% off and free shipping because i forwarded them my cancellation email for my INCOG and went with Cane and Derby.

Oh yeah, Cane and Derby quotes "ships in 2 weeks" on all holster orders. Mine shipped 1 day late of the 2 week mark due to the waiting of pull the dot snaps to come in. They apologized for that "late" shipping too.

I recommend them for anyone looking for a aiwb holster.

Rinspeed
03-29-14, 08:55
To be fair they quote a 4-6 week lead time after they take payment. Then at 6 weeks they say "2-4 more weeks due to us moving into a new facility"

I would never do business with a holster company that took my money before they were ready to ship. That's not the way Lou Alessi ran his business and that's not the way Tony Kannaly does things either.

the 556 guy
03-29-14, 09:33
I just got a made to order Mitch Rosen leather holster and belt 2-3 weeks after being ordered (6 weeks early from their expected delivery). Looks, works well. Love the leather

Dos Cylindros
03-29-14, 10:59
I'm now just short of twelve weeks waiting for my second INCOG to arrive. Very frustrating. I called them two weeks ago and they said things were delayed because they have been moving to a new facility.

SpyderMan2k4
03-30-14, 00:06
Source?

Paul Sharp on a thread discussing it on TPI

"The Incog never makes it through an iteration or evo. The struts bend over to the point you can't get the pistol out. If you're not planning on an entangled gunfight problem then you should be fine."

And when asked further about it, Paul states:

"The holster usually ends up bent over, outside the waist band with muzzle end pointed up towards the face of the guy carrying it. Makes it impossible for the wearer to access the pistol, the other thing that happens is it shears completely off."

And first hand experience from another user:

"Yeah i had one of these fail on me in ECQC with Paul and Craig. Craig used it as a lesson for the class. At least it had some use. Not to mention, the biggest bruises of the class came from this holster."

RHINOWSO
03-30-14, 16:50
RCS turnaround is listed at 6 weeks but I just received my custom RCS Phantom in less than 4.

They charged when it entered production, about a week before it shipped.

Grip
03-30-14, 19:07
Raven concealment, and crossbreed both charged me at the time of order.

Cane and Derby charged me the day it shipped.

Screw the INCOG.

Corey08Cummins
03-30-14, 22:20
i like the incog pretty well but it doesn't stand a chance when compared to my Phlster access

jahwarrior1423
03-31-14, 11:10
I understand that they're moving locations. I don't have an issue with that. But they don't state that anywhere on their website or confirmation emails. You don't just one day decide to move locations...so I'll assume they've known for awhile. Call me "dumb". But in their confirmation email, it states again that it'll take 4-6 weeks and I ordered a week ago. I would suggest AT LEAST updating their confirmation emails with the longer wait times so that I'm not surprised after 6 weeks that I still don't have the holster. Let me decide as a consumer if I want to wait 10-13 weeks on a holster before I place my order...don't have me decide that after I wait 4-6 weeks like I was told before. I'll be calling them today to cancel my order. I found a local AZ guy that makes kydex holsters and I am getting a IWB holster PLUS a IWB single mag carrier for what I paid just for the INCOG holster. His kydex holster is designed very similar minus the "tactical fuzz". And his holster will be made and shipped with a quote time of 1.5 weeks.

tuck
03-31-14, 11:18
I found a local AZ guy that makes kydex holsters and I am getting a IWB holster PLUS a IWB single mag carrier for what I paid just for the INCOG holster. His kydex holster is designed very similar minus the "tactical fuzz". And his holster will be made and shipped with a quote time of 1.5 weeks.

With more and more local and smaller shops turning out top quality kydex, it makes ordering from the big name makers pretty pointless.

Watrdawg
03-31-14, 11:23
I think the main problem I had with the INCOG is the bulkiness of it. It also sat very deep, even after adjusting it upward as much as I could, and was very uncomfortable. My CCC Shaggy sits higher but is also a LOT LESS bulkier. It is a million times more comfortable. Those were the reasons why I bought the UNO IWB from CCC. I think the INCOG's main detractors are that it is very bulky and so uncomfortable, to the point that for me at least wasn't feasible to wear in many situations.

Ironman8
03-31-14, 17:15
I think the main problem I had with the INCOG is the bulkiness of it. It also sat very deep, even after adjusting it upward as much as I could, and was very uncomfortable. My CCC Shaggy sits higher but is also a LOT LESS bulkier. It is a million times more comfortable. Those were the reasons why I bought the UNO IWB from CCC. I think the INCOG's main detractors are that it is very bulky and so uncomfortable, to the point that for me at least wasn't feasible to wear in many situations.

I think we need to note that you're referring to AIWB. I can't speak to the bulk of it for that application since I don't carry there, but compared to my pancake designed holster, it's about half the size....far from bulky for IWB @3:00. But as I said previously, I had my own issues with it. Also forgot to mention that I had an INCOG fail me at an ECQC course (also due to retention issues). My INCOG has since been returned for a refund.

Also before we start flaming this company, even if they aren't handling this move as well as we would like, I received my INCOG BEFORE my quoted lead time (before their move). I was also given a refund within 5 business days of their receipt of the holster (last week). Not too shabby I think.

Watrdawg
04-02-14, 08:35
Flaming them wasn't my intention. Just pointing out that the holster wasn't right for me. Yes I'm definitely referring to AIWB in this instance and comparing it to the CCC Shaggy.

srsbiz
04-02-14, 09:25
Didn't know there was this many problems with getting a INCOG..
with that being said, I am debating on getting rid of mine.

Ironman8
04-02-14, 11:54
Flaming them wasn't my intention. Just pointing out that the holster wasn't right for me. Yes I'm definitely referring to AIWB in this instance and comparing it to the CCC Shaggy.

Sry Watrdawg, the flaming part wasn't directed at you.

Watrdawg
04-02-14, 12:47
No problem. We all have been kind of dog piling on this holster though.

Sam
04-02-14, 14:42
I'm not piling on this holster as I have no first hand experience with it. My buddy from Florida will be coming up in a few weeks and he's bringing his Incog to let me try.

But I have experimented with various AIWB for off and on over 10 years, they are not for everybody and not for every occasion. Certain type of guns are better for carrying in the appendix location than others. Certain body physiques are better for it than others.

Grip
04-03-14, 18:36
Cane and Derby AIWB (P.I.C) for those of you who have never heard of/seen it.

Took 11 business days to ship, excellent communication, excellent quality, fair price.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/gripgc8/2A8F7A2F-C5B2-45A6-9A9A-BFE99BB0F44F_zps8ol8qh3x.jpg

MikeDawg46L
04-03-14, 20:56
I started out with a RCS Phantom for my P30 and quickly learned how much I hate carrying behind my back. The motion of drawing from back there hurts my shoulder after the multiple injuries I've had and it is just not comfortable or fast for me.

I started researching AIWB and figured I'd give it a go. I had my holster choices narrowed down to the Shaggy and the Garrett Silent Thunder Slim. I ended up going with the Garrett bc I liked the idea of the leather bonded to the kydex. It was the right choice for, both in carry position and in holster selection. The Garrett is beyond awesome. It draws quiet, is easy to reholster which is great for practice, and it conceals the P30 fairly well considering the size of it.

As to the original post, I have no experience with the Incog but do have some Gcode holsters that I use with my Kifaru pack on the waist belt and when hiking if I don't have to CC. Their RTI system is full of awesome.

Sent from my awesome iPhone using Tapatalk

kvdef-tac
04-04-14, 09:53
Thanks for the great reviews. I just ordered the NorCal Kydex AIWB holster. This will be my first time trying AIWB and the price is hard to beat to find out if this type of carry is for me.

MikeDawg46L
04-04-14, 10:28
Thanks for the great reviews. I just ordered the NorCal Kydex AIWB holster. This will be my first time trying AIWB and the price is hard to beat to find out if this type of carry is for me.

Let us know what you think of it when it comes in.

TimeOnTarget
04-19-14, 13:41
I ordered on 16 January and still waiting!

I have a class the first weekend of May, and I think I am screwed. I really wanted to run appendix for the class.

On top of that, I am left handed so my options are more limited.

FRUSTRATION FOR SURE!

gun71530
04-19-14, 14:05

I have a class the first weekend of May, and I think I am screwed. I really wanted to run appendix for the class.

FRUSTRATION FOR SURE!

I would check to see if the instructor will let you run AIWB in class, most won't.

tuck
04-19-14, 15:36

FRUSTRATION FOR SURE!

Contact Spartan Village about getting an AIWB rig from them. The holster is ambidextrous so it's good to go for a southpaw. Mines been a much better holster than the Incog it replaced, and I had it in hand less than two weeks after ordering.

TimeOnTarget
04-19-14, 18:40
Contact Spartan Village about getting an AIWB rig from them. The holster is ambidextrous so it's good to go for a southpaw. Mines been a much better holster than the Incog it replaced, and I had it in hand less than two weeks after ordering.

Thanks Tuck. Good point Gun71530.

This is my first civilian shooting course. I have only used old school holsters and the "dreaded and dangerous" Black Hawk Serpa in my former life.

Dos Cylindros
04-19-14, 21:30

FRUSTRATION FOR SURE!

You should be coming up quick. I ordered January 10 and got shipping notification yesterday.

XJP5
04-30-14, 19:14

I have a class the first weekend of May, and I think I am screwed. I really wanted to run appendix for the class. On top of that, I am left handed so my options are more limited. FRUSTRATION FOR SURE!

T.O.T. -

I can definitely relate to your frustration. I placed my order 2/15/2014 and am currently a few days from the 11 week point. Haven't heard a word from the company on status, which is extremely poor customer service and disappointing, considering their past reputation was so good. They continue to state this on their site:

"average turnaround time is between 4 to 6 Weeks. However; this is NOT a guarantee only an estimate! If response is better than expected and order volume is higher than normal lead times could be as much as 8-10 weeks and on rare occasions longer."

Personally, at this point the quality of the product doesn't matter to me anymore. I build business relationships based on trust, commitment, and my word. I just emailed them this afternoon and if they don't respond, I'll call to cancel my order. I wish I would have heard about this before I placed my order.

For those members that did cancel their orders, how did the process go and how long did it take? I want to avoid any further delays. First-hand experience & suggestions appreciated please. Thank you.

TimeOnTarget
04-30-14, 19:21
T.O.T. -

I can definitely relate to your frustration. I placed my order 2/15/2014 and am currently a few days from the 11 week point. Haven't heard a word from the company on status, which is extremely poor customer service and disappointing, considering their past reputation was so good. They continue to state this on their site:

"average turnaround time is between 4 to 6 Weeks. However; this is NOT a guarantee only an estimate! If response is better than expected and order volume is higher than normal lead times could be as much as 8-10 weeks and on rare occasions longer."

Personally, at this point the quality of the product doesn't matter to me anymore. I build business relationships based on trust, commitment, and my word. I just emailed them this afternoon and if they don't respond, I'll call to cancel my order. I wish I would have heard about this before I placed my order.

I now have a shipping notification. It should arrive this Friday. The irony is that after waiting months for this holster, I have to leave for a handgun course on Friday. One freaking day!!

I have really tried to be realistic. I don't know Travis Haley personally, but he seems like a good, solid dude. I bought his weapon light based on my belief that he is making quality, well thought out gear. That is why I trusted him when he put his name on this holster. Maybe it will be a great holster and worth the wait. I sure hope so...

TimeOnTarget
05-01-14, 20:33
The Fates are smiling upon me because the INCOG showed up today just in time for my class.

First impressions are good, but this will certainly encourage me not to gain weight!

It feels comfortable for now.

XJP5
05-02-14, 07:58
I canceled my order yesterday and I will say this, I just checked my account and they credited me my full amount back, the next day. I'm sure the product is good, but 11 weeks was enough for me. I just couldn't wait anymore. Good luck to everyone who did receive an INCOG. I wish G-Code success, despite being overwhelmed with all these orders.

12thman
05-03-14, 16:58
I waited about 6 weeks for my Incog, but that was when they first come out. Try a Dale Fricke Archangel, I like it much better than the Incog. Also Dale will have it to you in about 1 week. It is worth the price.

12thman
05-03-14, 17:07
I would check to see if the instructor will let you run AIWB in class, most won't.

I've taken 3 different pistol classes since switching to appendix carry a couple years ago, never had an issue with this. Only a misinformed, unexperienced instructor that you shouldn't train with wouln't allow it in their class.

Voodoo_Man
05-03-14, 17:55

Any instructor that doesn't let you train how you carry is probably not worth paying.

Dos Cylindros
05-04-14, 10:50
Any instructor that doesn't let you train how you carry is probably not worth paying.

Agreed. Despite how long AIWB has been around, there are plenty of "instructors" who believe it is an unsafe method of carry.

Linkscoach
05-04-14, 20:12
Cane and Derby AIWB (P.I.C) for those of you who have never heard of/seen it.

Took 11 business days to ship, excellent communication, excellent quality, fair price.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/gripgc8/2A8F7A2F-C5B2-45A6-9A9A-BFE99BB0F44F_zps8ol8qh3x.jpg

These always looked bulky to me but I like how the loops are set up. Do you have a review posted somewhere?

Grip
05-04-14, 21:58
These always looked bulky to me but I like how the loops are set up. Do you have a review posted somewhere?

I sold it. I am tired of spending $90 on someone elses kydex holster just to be dissapointed. RCS, cane and derby, INCOG, etc etc....RCS was the best imo, but a 9 month wait for a kydex owb pancake holster? They are all way over hyped.

So now i make my own.

streck
05-06-14, 07:27
I just received a KT-Mech Defender (LINK (http://www.kt-mech.com/00_defender.html)) for my Sig 2022 with TLR-1HL. As a comparison to my RCS holster that I had made for a XD9 with an M3 light, it appears the KT defender is made with .060 kydex while the RCS is a little thicker and probably .080. The KT can be ordered in .080 but I did not opt for it. The RCS is stiffer but the slight flexibility in the KT is not a issue. It will retain the weapon in the holster even when held and gently shaken upside down. It takes effort to dislodge the weapon from the holster but the draw is still smooth and easy.

Overall, it is very similar to the RCS with smooth edges and a solid weapon fit. On the RCS, I option for the full length shield for the weapon while the KT has a partial shield. I don't often carry without an undershirt between the weapon and my skin but the full shield is an option I would choose if I could just to prevent any rubbing when not wearing a t-shirt.

It came with a spare screw and thread back (or whatever it's called) and was received just a couple days after two weeks with a final cost of ~$65 with shipping. IMO, I don't see a quality or comfort difference to justify $35 more before shipping from RCS.

I can add pictures tonight.

TimeOnTarget
05-20-14, 13:46
I ran the INCOG through a 2 day handgun course, and it performed well. Being left handed, I had to adjust the clips because the clip was depressing the mag release button which turned my G19 into a single shot! Word to the wise, but no problem afterwards.

I guess the bottom line is that there are many good holsters available today, but they are all a little bit different. For example, I just got a PHLSter Skeleton and it will accommodate any barrel size as it is open ended. I like it and for $50 I think it provides a lot of bang for the buck.

The ability to carry a spare magazine up front with the INCOG is a nice and functional feature IMHO.

glock17fan
05-25-14, 10:28
I just got the 2 that I ordered back in January for my Glock 19. I really like the holster alot. I had been using a Dale Fricke Archangel that I like but this holster just seems work for me better. I do like the mag caddy that I got on these. The suede lining does a great job keeping the sweat under control. I think I am going to sell one as I found that it will carry my Glock 17, Glock 19 and Glock 26. The wait is a real problem as I was quoted 6-8 weeks also.

MountainRaven
07-10-14, 23:57
Anybody have any updates on how long G-Code is taking to make their holsters?

I ask because they've re-opened the Blood Stripe holsters and accessories for order.

JulyAZ
07-11-14, 00:01
Anybody have any updates on how long G-Code is taking to make their holsters?

I ask because they've re-opened the Blood Stripe holsters and accessories for order.

I ordered mine on 6/6 still hasn't shipped

MountainRaven
07-11-14, 00:13
Well, good news: Just checked G-Code's FaceTube page and found the following:

7 July: "I have your Incog and SOC in the works ... we are at 5 weeks 3 days right now ... hang in there it will not be much longer."

1 July: "Now MOST, not all, orders are shipping in less than 6 weeks. New changes that we have put in place include: New software and systems to enable an e-mail update every 2 weeks specific to individual orders sent to individual customers. If an order hits the 6 week mark our Production manager is notified automatically and that order is moved to priority status and we make every effort to ship that order within the next 7 days. If that is not possible you are notified again so we can keep you informed as to why or to discuss options."

(So I guess I could have just checked their FB page on my own and posted it here in the first place. Oops.)

GotAmmo
07-11-14, 08:31
Does noone think back to the RCS fiasco when the MD DVDs hit the market?? Anytime the Haley Crew or the Costa Clan mention any tool of the trade, they become almost nonexistent cause everyone is buying them.

Way back when RCS was at a 6+ month back log and it only got better after they invested more money into production. Just being Cpt Obvious and saying that it should have been expected, whether or not the company claimed of speedy service

Good luck y'all, hope you guys get your holsters sooner rather than later

abcsRezy
07-25-14, 00:53
I sold it. I am tired of spending $90 on someone elses kydex holster just to be dissapointed. RCS, cane and derby, INCOG, etc etc....RCS was the best imo, but a 9 month wait for a kydex owb pancake holster? They are all way over hyped.

So now i make my own.

What issues did you have with the C&D?

sasage
07-25-14, 06:21
Any issues with the clips? I know Phlster stopped using them and went to the loop.

kevN
07-25-14, 08:57
I often wear one at 3 o'clock and find it a good balance of minimalism and being able to reholster (unlike a vg2 style holster).

kevN
07-25-14, 09:00
Any issues with the clips? I know Phlster stopped using them and went to the loop.

I have had one since last June I believe, no issues with the clips and I wear it probably 75% of the days. Sample of one though. I am only running 1 of the clips.

sasage
07-25-14, 09:57
Okay. Thanks I would like to do the access but I would rather run a clip

Linkscoach
07-25-14, 11:49
I have an access and the loop works fine. The strut and loop are from Raven I believe.

For what it's worth I like the access for training but it's uncomfortable for me for all day carry. The location of the loop causes the holster to cant and dig into the inside of my thigh. I would like it a lot better if it was set up with two loops. The GCode is interesting but I would like to see it with a loop option with out being tuckable.

JulyAZ
07-26-14, 22:51
I got the 6 week email last week saying they would try and ship it within 7 days, 3 days later I got the shipped email it was in my hands 3 days after that

Grip
07-26-14, 23:00
What issues did you have with the C&D?

Fit and finish werent up to the standards a $90 AIWB holster should be, i will leave it at that.

abcsRezy
07-27-14, 01:43
Darn. Thanks.

LowSpeedHighDrag
07-27-14, 18:53
I hated mine. There is no bevel toward the muzzle and it would eat holes into my pants a lot faster than a regular kydex holster that wraps around the front of the muzzle.

The clips when adjusted for cant, would not line up with the belt.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq64/LowSpeedHighDrag/1661024x768_zps774b5d2a.jpg (http://s434.photobucket.com/user/LowSpeedHighDrag/media/1661024x768_zps774b5d2a.jpg.html)

MountainRaven
08-21-14, 22:58
Just thought I'd share that my G-Code took six weeks and one day from order being received to holster shipping. So they're doing a heck of a lot better than they were.

diving dave
09-30-14, 11:58
Well time to add my 2 cents.. Received my INCOG yesterday, took about 6 weeks from order to delivery. Nice looking rig, I had mine done extra pretty in green kydex with kyrptek mandrake. I've been carrying a G26 at 3 o'clock in a Raven Phantom, but was interested in trying appendix carry for those hotter days with just a loose T shirt. With the mag caddy and a G19 mag, no matter where I put it the mag prints badly, so I think that's coming off. My first time wearing it I wore at 1 o'clock, and driving in the car felt like my leg was falling asleep. Maybe I need pants with a larger waistline.. I'm going to experiment a lot more to see if this is going to work for me.

punkey71
09-30-14, 13:07
I would urge you to NOT decide if AIWB is for you based on the INCOG.

If you think AIWB is something that could work for you, buy a JM custom AIWB G17 length holster with a G19 wedge for use with a 26, 19 or 17.

The longer 17 length holster aids in concealment regardless of the gun worn. I have tried quite a few AIWBs and JM has the nicest workmanship and comfort.

Others are good, no doubt, but the JM is the best for me.

ETA - get the extra tuck as well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blak1508
10-02-14, 22:43
I received my Incog after 8.5 weeks.. I really dig the holster, try to hang in there, I feel it was worth it.

hogarth
10-04-14, 07:16
Mine took 1 day less than 6 weeks. Unsure how long it might take, I also snagged one here in the EE. One has mag caddy attached, the other doesn't.

I got the Incog because I tried out my friend's at Mike Pannone's covert carry class, and I really liked how comfy it felt compared with the Blade Tech AIWB I was using.

So far, I really like it. I do find that the 15 rd mag in the mag caddy prints a bit at the top (actually the bottom of the mag, since it's in there upside down), but if I put my G26 in the holster and use a 12 rounder in the caddy, it doesn't really print. Subtle difference, but it is there.

I only just got these so cannot comment on durability, force on force survival, etc., but so far I really like it, and the caddy adds some flexibility (though I wish the caddy had 2 attachment points).

I think if you aren't used to AIWB carry, then EVERYTHING is uncomfortable there. I carry this with the muzzle at 12:30. I am 5'5 and 150 lb.

TimeOnTarget
10-04-14, 09:31
I have had my INCOG for about 5 months now. I really like it. I don't quite understand some of the criticism of this holster.

I am 6 feet and 195 lbs. I guess that saying body style has a lot to do with carry is pretty obvious. The problem with the internet is getting accurate information. Sometimes I think we get too much information and become overwhelmed.

Voodoo_Man
10-04-14, 10:42
I have had my INCOG for about 5 months now. I really like it. I don't quite understand some of the criticism of this holster.

I am 6 feet and 195 lbs. I guess that saying body style has a lot to do with carry is pretty obvious. The problem with the internet is getting accurate information. Sometimes I think we get too much information and become overwhelmed.

Are you carrying appendix?

Have you used it for anything other than carrying? Training, combatives, etc?

TimeOnTarget
10-04-14, 10:50
Are you carrying appendix?

Have you used it for anything other than carrying? Training, combatives, etc?

Yes, appendix.

Yes, I used in a two day pistol class. It did not really get abused in any way. I don't know how long any of this gear would hold up under continuous hard use in Afghanistan or Iraq.

I wore two different nylon gear holsters for both my tours. I still have them and they are both functional but pretty beat up looking. I threw some of my gear away before leaving country because it was so beat and nasty.

I also use a Phlsters appendix holster that works very well be me also.

Voodoo_Man
10-04-14, 11:55
Yes, appendix.

Yes, I used in a two day pistol class. It did not really get abused in any way. I don't know how long any of this gear would hold up under continuous hard use in Afghanistan or Iraq.

I wore two different nylon gear holsters for both my tours. I still have them and they are both functional but pretty beat up looking. I threw some of my gear away before leaving country because it was so beat and nasty.

I also use a Phlsters appendix holster that works very well be me also.

Not talkin about deployment, obviously you wouldn't be doin CC unless you are doing some squirrelly stuff.

TimeOnTarget
10-04-14, 12:04
Not talking about deployment, obviously you wouldn't be doin CC unless you are doing some squirrelly stuff.

Clearly, it is mission dependent. I think Kydex gear in general is not proven yet for long term combat use/abuse. The August temperatures in Afghanistan in the Helmand average 115*F. UV exposure takes a real toll as well.

Most "regular guys" here in the states are not pushing their gear to the limit. You certainly may be pushing yours and if it breaks, then I can understand your concern. I am not questioning your personal experience. If you experience something, then it certainly is real for you.

If the clips break on my INCOG, I will not be happy! (:

Voodoo_Man
10-04-14, 14:57
Clearly, it is mission dependent. I think Kydex gear in general is not proven yet for long term combat use/abuse. The August temperatures in Afghanistan in the Helmand average 115*F. UV exposure takes a real toll as well.

Most "regular guys" here in the states are not pushing their gear to the limit. You certainly may be pushing yours and if it breaks, then I can understand your concern. I am not questioning your personal experience. If you experience something, then it certainly is real for you.

If the clips break on my INCOG, I will not be happy! (:

There are plenty of guys using kydex for clandestine things in various parts of the world, hot and cold. Not the typical run of the mill infantry, but it is in heavy use.

G19 Driver
10-04-14, 16:30
I've decided I hate my INCOG. It prints like a MOFO for me. I still use it but only when I am going to the gym. It's only good feature for me is its easy on and easy off. Sometimes I will go to the grocery store after the gym and being able to get the INCOG on quickly is nice. It's a no- go for EDC. Maybe I should put on a few pounds and see how it works.

polymorpheous
10-20-14, 13:05
I used this holster for a block at Pannone's Covert Carry class this weekend.
I carry a G19 @ 4:00 in a Raven but in Oct I was wearing multiple layers, so I wanted to try appendix carry out.
The suede started pulling my under shirt out after a bunch of draws.
It is very uncomfortable to kneel, squat and sit with.
I found that for me, I need that pistol to be deep for it not to print.
The 3 hole clips were too high.

I did really like the carry position so I am currently researching holsters, but so far the Incog is the only one I'm seeing with an adjustable ride height.

JonnyVain
11-03-14, 17:09
If anyone has an extra clip they'd be willing to sell, please pm me. Longer is better. $8 shippin if I buy from G code. Thanks.

MountainRaven
12-22-14, 21:17
My roommate got one of these for himself for Christmas for his G19.

I found it to be very comfortable, as compared to the Fricke Archangel that I've tried before for AIWB. This comfort did not translate into concealability, unfortunately. But as it isn't mine, I don't get to try it with one clip on. But based on my brief experience with my roommate's original, I will probably give the new version - the Eclipse - a shot.

I might have to buy a G19 if I'm going to AIWB, though. So right now, I can stick with a G17 IWB/OWB on my hip, or I can go G19 AIWB. Assuming that I can even conceal a G19 there. Assuming that I cannot conceal a G17 there.

jparish62
12-22-14, 22:02
I might have to buy a G19 if I'm going to AIWB, though. So right now, I can stick with a G17 IWB/OWB on my hip, or I can go G19 AIWB. Assuming that I can even conceal a G19 there. Assuming that I cannot conceal a G17 there.

In my experience carrying AIWB is all about what's comfortable to the individual. I've been carrying appendix for years and I've carried everything from glock sub compacts, to fullsize 1911's,sigs, glocks and now my full size m&p and have never had a problem. The 2 main factors in appendix carry comfort are the belt and holster. Get a good belt and a nice holster and you could probably carry a howitzer there! Hahaha

MountainRaven
12-22-14, 22:24
In my experience carrying AIWB is all about what's comfortable to the individual. I've been carrying appendix for years and I've carried everything from glock sub compacts, to fullsize 1911's,sigs, glocks and now my full size m&p and have never had a problem. The 2 main factors in appendix carry comfort are the belt and holster. Get a good belt and a nice holster and you could probably carry a howitzer there! Hahaha

I have more good belts than I know what to do with! In fact, I'd say that I have mostly good belts and a few great belts. Only two crappy belts. But those were belts that I knew were crappy going into them and I bought not intending to use them to hang guns off of.

So I guess the problem is the holster.

jparish62
12-23-14, 05:51
I went through a lot of holsters trying to find something I liked. Started with the small leather galco (horrible), to kydex/lether hybrids (better but still not very comfortable) and now I strictly use kydex. My favorites include bravo concealment DOS, IBX Wydah, JM Custom (if you can afford it at $70+ a pop) and I just got a custom one in yesterday from Chris at F3 holsters and am loving it so far. His prices beat out everyone else so far as I paid under $40 shipped!

I forgot to say that it is comfortable as long as you don't have a gut. This seems to be the determining factor in whether or not to consider appendix carry in the first place.

MountainRaven
12-23-14, 09:06
I have a gut. And I have no reason to believe that there was anything but my gut contributing to my discomfort with the Archangel. I was really surprised that the Incog was comfortable at all, after wearing the Archangel and rigging my normally super-comfy a 3-4 o'clock Comp-Tac as an AIWB holster.

JonnyVain
12-23-14, 14:42
My roommate got one of these for himself for Christmas for his G19.

I found it to be very comfortable, as compared to the Fricke Archangel that I've tried before for AIWB. This comfort did not translate into concealability, unfortunately. But as it isn't mine, I don't get to try it with one clip on. But based on my brief experience with my roommate's original, I will probably give the new version - the Eclipse - a shot.

I think the Eclipse would conceal worse. The clip is what is used to tuck the grip, but they moved the clip closer to center.

Designing an AIWB hoster is a task in balancing tuck, comfort, and waist line bulk. The Incog is comfortable and low bulk because it doesn't tuck well.

MountainRaven
12-23-14, 16:04
Odd. The Incog conceals as well for me as the Archangel does. I think if I pulled one clip it would conceal more better. Which is what leads me to believe the Eclipse would work well.

Trajan
12-23-14, 16:08
Odd. The Incog conceals as well for me as the Archangel does. I think if I pulled one clip it would conceal more better. Which is what leads me to believe the Eclipse would work well.

Those type of holsters (archangel included) can conceal on heavier people.

CatSnipah
12-27-14, 11:21
Just my opinion...but with so many great holsters out there, this INCOG equipment just seems so marginal.

orlanger
12-27-14, 11:32
Just my opinion...but with so many great holsters out there, this INCOG equipment just seems so marginal.

Examples of "great holsters" that make the INCOG so marginal?

CatSnipah
12-27-14, 12:02
Examples of "great holsters" that make the INCOG so marginal?

Any that don't have a clip that causes difficulty in seating, or have the felt come apart after wearing for less than two months.

I went back to my Foxx Trapp and gave the INCOG away.

MountainRaven
12-27-14, 13:35
Those type of holsters (archangel included) can conceal on heavier people.

From what I've been able to gather thus far, what works for one person AIWB does not work (necessarily) for another person AIWB.

I have tried a lot of different things with the Archangel and I can't get it comfortable. After reading about a bunch of guys removing one of the clips from their Incogs to improve concealability, I did the same with my Archangel and it became much easier to conceal - not concealed at a level that I'm comfortable with, but significantly less "Is that a gun in your pocket?" than it was. But it still is not comfortable.

orlanger
12-27-14, 14:33

orlanger
12-27-14, 14:34
Any that don't have a clip that causes difficulty in seating, or have the felt come apart after wearing for less than two months.

So nothing specific?

I guess I'm fortunate to have not have had the same negative experience. I've got 3 INCOGs that I've carried for a while now without any issues. I've found it to be the most comfortable and effective AIWB holster I own. And I own several.

CatSnipah
12-27-14, 14:49
So nothing specific?

I guess I'm fortunate to have not have had the same negative experience. I've got 3 INCOGs that I've carried for a while now without any issues. I've found it to be the most comfortable and effective AIWB holster I own. And I own several.

Um, sir...read my whole post. I specifically said what I'm using. And I don't like Appendix carry, not for me. Maybe I'd have had a different experience with it had I been an AWIB-type, but it coming apart didn't make me have a good experience.

And you're welcome to disagree with my opinion. That's why I said "In my opinion" to open my post. I know not everyone likes what I do. It's perfectly fine with me. But you don't have to get upset with someone who disagrees with yours (as in, not quoting my entire post to make it look like I didn't tell you what I'm using).

orlanger
12-27-14, 15:42
LOL...your opinion on holsters in no way upsets me. Accept my apologies if my post came across as if I somehow were. I mean...its a piece of plastic.

I assumed you had specific examples of "many" AIWB holsters that made the INCOG "marginal". Appendix carry isn't for everyone. It's very body type and holster centric. You're welcomed to your mode of carry. The important thing is you carry. Thanks for your input.

CatSnipah
12-27-14, 16:52
LOL...your opinion on holsters in no way upsets me. Accept my apologies if my post came across as if I somehow were. I mean...its a piece of plastic.

I assumed you had specific examples of "many" AIWB holsters that made the INCOG "marginal". Appendix carry isn't for everyone. It's very body type and holster centric. You're welcomed to your mode of carry. The important thing is you carry. Thanks for your input.

Probably a nicer response than I might have deserved. :)

Amen to this. Sorry for being a bit edgy. I just get frustrated when I perceive someone cherry-picking a post of mine to get out of it what they want (which is usually a confrontation). Appreciate the conversation!

Teolax
12-27-14, 23:24
I have an incog that I've been using for a few months to carry either a Glock 19 or 26. Recently got a stealth gear appendix holster for a Springfield Xds and much prefer the Stealth Gear. The SG is just much more comfortable... I'm probably going to end up selling the Incog and getting another SG for my Glocks.

Wolfhound86
01-08-15, 14:30
So got a used Incog today. I'm 5'10" 215 it conceals my Glock 19 great at the 1230 with both clips on. It also keeps the muzzle of the weapon just above the bend in my waist keeping it from poking into the areas below my waist when sitting. So I'm happy with it. I think it goes to show that certain holsters are meant for specific body types and maybe this holster would be better for those a little wider in the mid-section. I'm a size 36, hopefully this will help someone around my size make a decision.

Voodoo_Man
02-08-15, 21:06
Figured this would be a good thread to post about this.

GCode made an instagram account and used the image I posted in the OP of this thread. They did not credit me with the photo and when I confronted them with doing it they ignored me and deleted the post.

Pretty sad of a company to use someones image as their own and even more sad that they deleted that post after being confronted. Below is a link that was reposted by several accounts on instagram using the picture they used and of the post they deleted.

http://instagram.com/p/y26X9QShIt/

Elbowtko
02-09-15, 04:57
I have an incog that I've been using for a few months to carry either a Glock 19 or 26. Recently got a stealth gear appendix holster for a Springfield Xds and much prefer the Stealth Gear. The SG is just much more comfortable... I'm probably going to end up selling the Incog and getting another SG for my Glocks.

Haven't heard of stealthgear, the appendix holster looks comfortable for sure. How does the clip near the slide (vs single clip) near the trigger guard work for you?

Mustang31
02-09-15, 08:17

How do you like the single-clip belt attachment of the SG AIWB holster?

Teolax
02-09-15, 21:20

I like the single clip much better and even ran my Incog with one clip. It allows me to tilt the gun slightly for comfort or to get it so the grip won't print hardly at all even in a thin t-shirt.

Teolax
02-09-15, 21:20

I like the single clip much better and even ran my Incog with one clip. It allows me to tilt the gun slightly for comfort or to get it so the grip won't print hardly at all even in a thin t-shirt.

Voodoo_Man
02-02-16, 16:27
Reviving this thread with a follow up "second" review of the INCOG with a mag caddy, not just from me but had a coworker offer in his experience with it.

Per forum rules, copy and paste entire review - images do not copy/paste over.

This is an update to my previous review of the INCOG, specifically because the first review was only in an AIWB (appendix inside the waist band) carry position and without the mag caddy. This review will be with and without a mag caddy, AIWB, IWB (traditional strong side carry at 3 o'clock) and other person's opinions other than my own whom I let carry with this holster for several months at a time. I will not cover some of the concepts and topics I normally do since I already reviewed this holster, but will try to cover all the bases that I may have missed before.

Description:
The INCOG reviewed here is for the Glock 19, it is right handed in Slate Blue "fuzz" on black kydex. It comes with a matching mag caddy and two three hole Haley strategic branded clips. If you were to purchase this identical system direct from G-Code it would cost you in the area of $112.20 plus shipping.

Reason for Purchase:
I did not purchase this holster, I got it in a show of good faith directly from G-Code to review stemming from an intellectual property situation which they resolved with a high degree of integrity. I specifically asked for this type of holster with this type of setup because I wanted to do a good and thorough review of a setup many people seem to be interested in and it was nice of G-Code to supply me with their holster system to do such a review.

First Opinion:
Just like in my original review I quickly realized the holster is big. Measuring about 5.5 inches wide, from furthest points. This holster measures just a hair under 5.5 inches, where the original holster I reviewed measure 5.875 from bottom of holster to top of sweat guard. I do not know if this is because of manufacturing changes or just the nature of working with kydex (most holsters will be just a little off, which is within acceptable standards and will not impede function. Diagonally from the edge of the mag caddy tension screw to the bottom of the third screw point of the holster is just under 7 inches. When contrasting just the holster (without the mag caddy) to another holster, like the JM Customs AIWB Holster, the INCOG is slightly larger and in both width and height.

In the Field:
I decided to carry the holster only strong side first, at 3 o'clock which is a traditional carry position and the same position I wear my duty gun at.

The process for setting it up correctly by finding the right place for the clips and screws was not difficult.

As you can see the clips snap into place against the belt and allow for positive retention.

Side view concealed under an XL shirt.

Front view concealed under an XL shirt, as you can see there is a little bit of a ledge from the pistol. After I put the shirt over it I knelt down and stood back up to give it a more accurate look of what it would be like during every day appearance.

Starting the draw stroke.

Master grip.

Beginning of presentation/retention position.

Two hand grip pre-extension.

Side angle view re-holster procedure.

Barrel finds the hole.

Thumb should be on back-plate, that is a bad rep for me, I'll fix that going forward.

In the Field:
I added the mag caddy and decided to carry it around in that configuration. Now the position I carry at 3 o'clock is slightly forward, the last clip is at 3 o'clock and the gun is almost at 2 o'clock, so with the mag caddy its almost an appendix type setup.

Carry position, with G19 15rnd, ETS Group Magazine.

XL shirt covering, angle view.

With G17 17rnd ETS Group magazine.

Front view after kneeling down.

Beginning of draw stroke, angle view.

Master grip.

Presentation.

Starting the reload.

Magazine deployment.

Reload.

Immediate action, just for kicks.

Ownership and Usage:
When I pushed this setup with the mag caddy forward, to the AIWB (appendix) position, that is when things really got interesting.

That is about the position I carry a G19 AIWB and while I have no gut or beer belly, this really makes me feel like I do.

As you can see from the above image of me standing up straight, even with an XL shirt (L is my standard size of choice, wore an XL for example purposes only) the hard edges of the gun and magazine are visible, that is after I do a kneel and stand to show how it would look under normal everyday use.

Even from an angle you can clearly make out that there is something at the 12 o'clock position.

Third Party Experience:
A coworker of mine was looking for a G19 holster that would have a mag attachment and I gave him this INCOG to try to out. He has a much bigger build than I do and cannot carry appendix so he always carries traditional strong side 3 o'clock position, most single clip holsters move around on him and his preference is two clip holsters since he has a good bit of mass to get around. This would be an excellent opportunity to have someone with a different body type give me their first hand experience with this holster. He carried it daily for a little over three months. He said that within a week of carrying it he had to remove the mag caddy. It was not only uncomfortable but was clearly visible and would catch on random pieces of clothing. He went on to say that once the mag caddy was removed he could only wear the holster for short periods because it would start to dig into his hip. This may or may not be specific to him, but I know from personal experience I could not sit for very long while carrying AIWB because it would rub against my thighs and when it was carried strong side it would push against my hip bone. He went on to say that he had to keep it as deep of a carry as it would allow because if it was too high the gun would catch on his elbow or arm. While it was in the deepest carry position available it would be difficult to draw. He gave it back to me and went back to his go to APX Holster.

Final Thoughts and Recommendations:
As far as draw times and speed go, its nearly as fast as other INCOG I reviewed, I put consistent times of 1.1x-1.4x seconds (fastest to slowest) from both 3 o'clock and AIWB carry positions. In AIWB position, pistol reloads were faster with G17, G17 magazines with TTI extensions and the ETS Group 22rnd magazine because I was able to get a grip on the mag better and faster, though a G19 15rnd magazine worked, I had to sometimes fish for it. In the 3 o'clock position pistol reloads were just a tad slower in the area of .8x-1.0x seconds, this was probably because of the requirement for a complete reach across the body. I was able to find the correct retention threshold for the pistol and magazine, most holsters with a tension screw require some tweaking, I got it to the right tightness of draw. I did a few sessions of hand to hand training while wearing this holster and I can say that once you go to the ground you will hate yourself for wearing it and the only worse feeling I have ever felt was a standard duty rig (like a Safariland level 3 retention holster) and I did have the gun fall out once during a roll but that was before I adjusted for tension properly, afterwards I had no such issue. For my body type this holster is not the answer, especially for AIWB carry. If holster rub does not bother you, then you could probably get away with carrying it strong side, but even then you had better know how to conceal your pistol properly because it will be visible by anyone who is in the know. Personally I will stick with JM Customs, Darkstargear, APX, and the Eidolon holster if I want a lot of modularity in a compact package. Contrasting this INCOG holster to the smaller INCOG Eclipse which has a single clip, the answer is pretty obvious, that is unless you like bulky holsters.

You can read the whole review here -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/02/g-code-haley-strategic-incog-iwb.html