PDA

View Full Version : Specialized Armament

3 AE
02-08-14, 02:10
I've been trying to access their website for the last two days and only get a blank page. Anyone else experiencing the same or have knowledge of a website overhaul, or site shutdown due to whatever? Just odd that they were up and running earlier in the week.

Split66
02-08-14, 10:06
I've been trying to access their website for the last two days and only get a blank page. Anyone else experiencing the same or have knowledge of a website overhaul, or site shutdown due to whatever? Just odd that they were up and running earlier in the week.

I bought a barrel from them mid January and took a peek at Ken's schedule. IIRC he is doing armorer courses during this timeframe, perhaps they are updating the site or took it down in his absence. On another note, SAW's backlog also seems to have subsided, my order took 15 days or so to process and ship.

TacticalMark
02-08-14, 10:07
Their website is down for me as well. Maybe they are doing some updates or work to it.

hjmpanzr
02-08-14, 23:07
It's been down for two days.

l8apex
02-09-14, 23:51
My order took almost 3 weeks with no communication unless I prompted it. Pretty ticked off since shipping is astronomical and got attitude when I asked if it shipped. I'm sure that they are good guys over there but my particular transaction will lead me to find a different source.

IZinterrogator
02-10-14, 10:15
I placed an order on 2/5 and got my shipping notice on 2/9. I have been disappointed about the website being down all weekend, I wanted to check out some barrel options.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

BBossman
02-10-14, 21:07
My order took almost 3 weeks with no communication unless I prompted it. Pretty ticked off since shipping is astronomical and got attitude when I asked if it shipped. I'm sure that they are good guys over there but my particular transaction will lead me to find a different source.

I've always gotten my orders filled, some fast, some slow. I've grown accustomed to their "Soup Nazi" style customer service and just place my order and let it ride.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

l8apex
02-10-14, 23:33
Yeah I hear you, I think they know that when it comes to getting Colt parts, they're pretty much the only game in town.

BBossman
02-11-14, 05:11
I should probably qualify my "Soup Nazi" comment. If you've ever seen the 'Sienfeld' episode, you get in line, have your money ready, when its your turn, you order from the menu, pay and step aside waiting to be served.

SAW doesn't entertain tire kickers, doesn't participate in on-line forums and doesn't want to chit-chat about your latest Mk of Zorro Super Killer build. Don't ask if "X" part will fit your DPMS, Bushmaster or even DD or BCM, they deal in Colt. They aren't Midway or Brownells, they don't have don't have a telephone bank of customer service people or an army of pickers waiting to pack your order. You won't get automated email updates at each step of your order.

What SAW does have is genuine Colt parts, service packages and armorers training. If you need something in a hurry pick up the phone and place your order, being specific, and telling them of realistic time constraints. If you have a broken gun and need it up and running now, they can be pretty accommodating with parts and service in a timely manner.

I've ordered complete uppers, BCG's and spare parts. Sometimes they bill early, some times they ship late, sometimes things may slip through the cracks...

Regardless, I've always been satisfied with my purchases.