PDA

View Full Version : Paraclete SOHPC

Armati
02-08-14, 19:34
So yes, I used the Search button but still came up short.

I need info on the Paraclete SOHPC as made by MSA.

I think I will really like this PC but I need some support for it. I have a second hand carrier and just the carrier. No armor. Any info from first hand experience would be helpful. Does anyone have original product info or manual?

Does anyone know of any support for it? No one seems to have any components for it and few seem to sell it. In particular I need an additional internal side plate pocket for the cumberbund.

What is the deal with the cumberbund? Did MSA offer soft inserts for the cumberbund? It is about 8x10. Most cumberbund inserts are about 6x11. What can I put in here?

What is the deal with the plate pocket? It has a smaller pocket for another plate.

Again, any info you could provide would be helpful. Thanks.

Jim D
02-09-14, 19:01
So yes, I used the Search button but still came up short.

I need info on the Paraclete SOHPC as made by MSA.

I think I will really like this PC but I need some support for it. I have a second hand carrier and just the carrier. No armor. Any info from first hand experience would be helpful. Does anyone have original product info or manual?

Does anyone know of any support for it? No one seems to have any components for it and few seem to sell it. In particular I need an additional internal side plate pocket for the cumberbund.

What is the deal with the cumberbund? Did MSA offer soft inserts for the cumberbund? It is about 8x10. Most cumberbund inserts are about 6x11. What can I put in here?

What is the deal with the plate pocket? It has a smaller pocket for another plate.

Again, any info you could provide would be helpful. Thanks.

Point Blank/ Paraclete makes them now. I have one myself.

You can get the cummerbund from Point Blank/ Paraclete still, the only thing they've changed is the plate pocket sizes (they offer ESAPI and 10x12" sizes now). Mine only has a normal 10x12" pocket though...

PM me if you need a source to order from.

msap
02-10-14, 11:35
I'm almost positive that the original msa Paraclete sohpc came with the soft armor sewn into the cummerbund. All you need is plates.

Armati
02-13-14, 14:57
Point Blank/ Paraclete makes them now. I have one myself.

You can get the cummerbund from Point Blank/ Paraclete still, the only thing they've changed is the plate pocket sizes (they offer ESAPI and 10x12" sizes now). Mine only has a normal 10x12" pocket though...

PM me if you need a source to order from.

PM sent. Actually, I would like to use the XL PC with a Large cumberbund.

Armati
02-13-14, 14:59
I'm almost positive that the original msa Paraclete sohpc came with the soft armor sewn into the cummerbund. All you need is plates.

From what I have seen that was originally the case. I think I have a new one where the armor is NOT sewn in. I got it second hand so I cannot be sure but there is no sign that armor was ever in the carrier I have. Maybe they made two versions? Again, info is fairly hard to find.