PDA

View Full Version : Question after Apex install

bookin
02-08-14, 22:28
I just finished installing an Apex DCAEK and polymer AEK trigger in a M&P 45c. During the install I used the sear spring that came with the AEK trigger and the trigger spring that came with the DCAEK. After the install, the trigger is noticeably improved in all aspects, except an important one: the pull is obviously heavier. When compared to my M&P 40, with the slides removed from both, there is a noticeable weight difference between the trigger pull of the two. Everything appears to be functioning properly. It's smooth with a clean break and nice reset. Just heavier. Am I missing something?

SteveL
02-08-14, 22:33
My advice would be to contact Apex Tactical and see what they say about it.

wahoo95
02-08-14, 23:55
Try swapping out the Apex trigger spring for your factory spring. That's how I run mine.

thecolter
02-09-14, 11:43
Using the factory trigger spring will bring the trigger pull weight down. The DCAEK is a 'duty use' kit and uses a heavier spring.

From the Apex Tactical website in regards to the Duty/Carry spring kit (used in the DCAEK kit):

The purpose of this kit is to give shooters the ability to fine-tune their trigger pull by utilizing any combination of springs. Paired with the Apex Hard Sear, the Apex Duty/Carry Spring Kit will increase the trigger weight by approximately 1.5 lbs from approximately 4 lbs. When used alone, the kit will increase trigger pull weight. Perfect for use with Apex Fully machined Sear and Ultimate Striker Block to achieve a safe duty/carry trigger pull weight of 5-5.5 lbs. Please see our Duty Carry AEK, APEX M&P Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit (DCAEK).

silvery37
02-09-14, 11:46
Using the factory trigger spring will drop the pull weight. The apex spring increases the pull weight.

bookin
02-09-14, 20:48
Thanks for the help. Not sure how I missed that.

Cropslx
02-10-14, 18:02
Thanks for the help. Not sure how I missed that.

Yeah, I was in the same boat as you and remember reading people using the factory spring. It did make a difference. Good luck!