PDA

View Full Version : Who makes this lower?

Bolt_Overide
02-09-14, 15:47

briguy64
02-09-14, 15:52
Looks like a MGI lower

thei3ug
02-09-14, 16:25
Yeah, look at the mag button.

discreet
02-09-14, 16:57
I never understood the idea of making the ar something it's not. Interesting tho however.

03scgt
02-09-14, 19:02
I never understood the idea of making the ar something it's not. Interesting tho however.

AR is far more ergonomic than an AK rifle and with ammo being roughly 150$ less per 1k shipped I can see the attraction.The hardest part was finding a magazine that would feed reliably because of how the ammo curves,this solves the issue.

SiGfever
02-09-14, 19:39
I wonder if that young lady ever heard of eye protection. My wife is a Rehabilitation Teacher for the Blind and has told me some sad stories about client accidents where simple eye protection could have saved their vision. Damn shame!

SW-Shooter
02-09-14, 19:53
I wonder if that young lady ever heard of eye protection. My wife is a Rehabilitation Teacher for the Blind and has told me some sad stories about client accidents where simple eye protection could have saved their vision. Damn shame!

I suffered a burn to my eyelid because I chose to shoot without eyepro rather than drive back home to get some, it could have ended with me losing sight in that eye had I not blinked at that very moment. Brass will go where it wants to sometimes, why risk it. By the way, nice upper. I've debated the usefulness of an AR styled rifle in 7.62x39.

SteveL
02-09-14, 20:13

I took a cut across the bridge of my nose from another shooter's brass from one or two positions down the line in a class a few months ago. That was after that brass hit my eye wear first. I always knew it was a good idea but this event made a believer out of me.

skyeboy
02-09-14, 20:13
whats the point of it?

discreet
02-09-14, 20:33
AR is far more ergonomic than an AK rifle and with ammo being roughly 150$ less per 1k shipped I can see the attraction.The hardest part was finding a magazine that would feed reliably because of how the ammo curves,this solves the issue.

Yup. Basically a dedicated gun like the glock mag ar's.

Seems an AK would be cheaper, or just running an ar in 5.45 and be done with it. Like said it is interesting to see the mods etc to run different things. Makes you wonder why someone hasn't come up 30-06 ar just for the hell of it ha ha. Some machinists do crazy things.

skyeboy
02-09-14, 20:38
i say keep it a ar