PDA

View Full Version : Fans of the TV show "Justified?"

El Cid
02-09-14, 18:49
I've enjoyed the show from the beginning and was sad to see Elmore Leonard pass last year.

Without giving away too much it was very odd seeing "Steve the Pirate" playing a badass hitman this past week! Thought he did so well - just odd for me.

Kain
02-09-14, 18:54
Actually after seeing him I had to go watch Serenity and Firefly again. Thought he played the role well, was just outside the rolls I knew him from, but he was entertaining nevertheless.

Anyway, back on topic, have been a fan of the show since the beginning. The one liners and dark humor has always made me laugh. Still love Tim, he always makes me laugh. Need to go read the books.

ALCOAR
02-09-14, 18:56
Outside of True Detectives, Justified is no doubt the best show on television.

Indeed sad about Elmore Leonard, but I think the show will remain true to his vision, and overall shoot first...ask questions later approach.

Love the shocking violent scenes that has become a hallmark of the show since the beginning.

Steve the Pirate's choice of firearms was pretty interesting as well :)

gunrunner505
02-09-14, 19:01
Justified is a terrific show.

That side track with Neil McDonough really screwed me up. Trying to remember who did what. It's good to see the story come back home to Harlan.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

El Cid
02-09-14, 19:16
Yea the body count last week was higher than usual. Getting to see Amy Smart's booty was a nice surprise as well!

jmp45
02-09-14, 19:19
Recently discovered Justified, we finished streaming the 4 seasons from amazon, have the 5th dvr'd. Beginning to catch up on those. Best series since breaking bad.

austinN4
02-09-14, 19:48
Been a huge fan since day one.

Kenneth
02-09-14, 19:59
I'm a huge fan as well but they have been kinda slacking with letting givens show off his gun skills. I liked it when he just shot everyone lol.

TacticalSledgehammer
02-09-14, 20:16
I liked the first few episodes I saw. With my schedule I can never watch a show like that because I usually miss so many episodes. When it comes to DVD, I'll buy it.

I did the same with Rescue Me. What a great show!

Kain
02-09-14, 20:22
Outside of True Detectives, Justified is no doubt the best show on television.

Indeed sad about Elmore Leonard, but I think the show will remain true to his vision, and overall shoot first...ask questions later approach.

Love the shocking violent scenes that has become a hallmark of the show since the beginning.

Steve the Pirate's choice of firearms was pretty interesting as well :)

Damn, forgot about True Detectives. Mind **** show to be sure, at least the parts with McConaughey, which in all honest are worth watching just to watch him. Have quite enjoyed the show so far as well.

austinN4
02-09-14, 20:25
When it comes to DVD, I'll buy it.
I don't have the patience to go week to week. I get each season as a full set from netflix when it comes out and binge watch the whole season over about 2 days.

I also do it with:

Homeland
House of Cards
The Following
The Killing
The Newsroom
The Vikings

Used to do it with Fringe and Walking Dead, but got tired of them and stopped.

ALCOAR
02-09-14, 20:27
Damn, forgot about True Detectives. Mind **** show to be sure, at least the parts with McConaughey, which in all honest are worth watching just to watch him. Have quite enjoyed the show so far as well.

Getting ready right now to start the 4th episode.

Russ Cohle is perhaps the coolest character I've seen on a TV show.....you totally pegged it, this show is worth watching for McConaughey alone. This is a seriously deep, and dark story....I'm savoring every minute of it quite honestly :)

_Stormin_
02-10-14, 00:16
I thought we already had a "Justified" thread, but that may have been just in my mind. Brilliant show. I've enjoyed it since discovering it. Need to watch the most recent season though. Just catching up on too much stuff!

SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS
02-10-14, 01:52
Alan Tudyk or Steve the Pirate...I also like to think of him as King Candy from Wreck it Ralph.. Whatever you like to call him is up to you.. All I know is his Greek sucked in his episode appearance!

Moose-Knuckle
02-10-14, 03:28
One of the very few shows I follow, I've watched it since day one.

This show has a habit of turning nerdy guys into badass henchmen. Remember Season 4 the mobster Nicky Augustine who put Rayland's family under the knife? Yeah that character was played by Mike O'Malley who you use to be on the sitcom Yes, Dear and Time Warner TV commercials.

As for Steve the Pirate, yeah his AA-12 was tits I also liked how he smoked that Canadian mobster.

skydivr
02-10-14, 09:22
I enjoy the pithy dialog before the shooting inevitably starts....

The conversation between Steve the Pirate and Raylon' boss in the resturaunt was classic....

El Cid
02-10-14, 09:34
I thought we already had a "Justified" thread, but that may have been just in my mind. Brilliant show. I've enjoyed it since discovering it. Need to watch the most recent season though. Just catching up on too much stuff!

I thought so as well, but my search-fu was weak or it's gone. I did find just about every LE related thread though with a search on the word "justified"... lol!

I enjoy the pithy dialog before the shooting inevitably starts....

The conversation between Steve the Pirate and Raylon' boss in the resturaunt was classic....

That was great! I think my favorite is from last season when the hit man dressed as a deputy was "arresting" Boyd and Raylan showed up.

Waylander
02-10-14, 09:49
One of the very few shows I follow, I've watched it since day one.

This show has a habit of turning nerdy guys into badass henchmen. Remember Season 4 the mobster Nicky Augustine who put Rayland's family under the knife? Yeah that character was played by Mike O'Malley who you use to be on the sitcom Yes, Dear and Time Warner TV commercials.

As for Steve the Pirate, yeah his AA-12 was tits I also liked how he smoked that Canadian mobster.

Yep I saw Mike from Yes, Dear playing Nicky and thought WTF? Just like Michael Rapaport playing Darryl Crowe. It's kind of strange but cool at the same time.

I never get used to Rapaport/Darryl using a Southern hick drawl after knowing how non-hick he normally speaks.

brickboy240
02-10-14, 10:23
Love this series...one of the only series I actually follow anymore.

-brickboy240

Big A
02-10-14, 10:32
Actually after seeing him I had to go watch Serenity and Firefly again. Thought he played the role well, was just outside the rolls I knew him from, but he was entertaining nevertheless.

Anyway, back on topic, have been a fan of the show since the beginning. The one liners and dark humor has always made me laugh. Still love Tim, he always makes me laugh. Need to go read the books.

Fire In The Hole is the premise for the first season, after that the book Raylan has a little a bit to do with the series but it differs a lot. The episode from the first season with the dentist in witness protection is kinda based on the novel Pronto and Riding the Rap doesn't really translate much to the show except for a few bits and pieces.

The books are terrific and Elmore Leonard is one of my favorite authors, May he rest in peace, but if you're expecting the TV series in book form you won't get it. I do say they are worth the read just because Elmore Leonard is one of the best authors ever to put pen to paper.

Ned Christiansen
02-10-14, 10:54
I've followed it such as I could but fired my satellite service for being a terrible value (WHY do I have to have The Best Bra Ever channel on not one, but THREE channels, in order to get the History Channel and Discovery!?)

Then I rented Season 3 at the video store.

Which caused me to go looking and I found I could get 1 and 2 on Amazon Instant video, so I started at the beginning and went on a laptop Justified binge. Then I reviewed Season 3 and rented Season 4. Gonna have to wait for Season 5 to come out on DVD I guess.

Gunplay is as good as it gets on TV (not to say perfect though).

Hmac
02-10-14, 11:03
I gave up on scheduled TV, got rid of all the premium channels. The shows I watch, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Game of Thrones, a few others, I get off iTunes and watch them when I feel like it. Justified, for example, is available on iTunes the day after it airs. Only exception is House of Cards, in which case I stream the entire season from Amazon Prime.

_Stormin_
02-11-14, 18:00
Only exception is House of Cards, in which case I stream the entire season from Amazon Prime.

Or Netflix

Hmac
02-11-14, 19:09
Or Netflix

I believe it's actually a Netflix production but I get way more than my money's worth in free shipping alone with Amazon Prime...no need to cough up another $8 to Netflix.

Waylander
02-12-14, 14:14
Last night was full of surprises. Who would've seen Boyd using the Crowes as his errand boys?

TurretGunner
02-12-14, 16:22
Eh first season was good....... had deteriorated since then. I watch it, its just one of the few TV shows on network worth watching.

Best Shows on TV right now:

3 absolute best-
House of Cards
Banshee
Game of Thrones

Then in no order -
True Detective
Shameless
The Americans
Homeland
Black Sails (who the **** doesn't love pirates?)

Honorable mention for best shows of all time:
The Wire
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Deadwood (most liberal use of cocksucker in exsitance)
Firefly
Jericho
BattleStar Gallatica

Kain
02-12-14, 16:50
Deadwood (most liberal use of cocksucker in exsitance) :haha::lol:

I must agree, was one of the reason's my father loved that show. I really should think about buying the dvd for him.

Would also say that Strikeback deserves mention as well, some of the better gun handling in a show, and one scene in Season 2(3) depending on how you are counting had a glock reload that was awesome.

Spartacus was entertaining in a gratuitous over the top sort of way once they stopped trying to play like 300.

TurretGunner
02-12-14, 17:15
Yea Strikeback UK & US were both good, it just got kinda old after a while. I have the whole last season on one of my drives, and just cant get motivated to watch it.

Spartacus was also fantastic.

Both are full of Tits, violence and manly shit. Game of thrones is sort of the same way, just on a whole nother level (Books are 10 times better than the show, if that gives you a frame of reference).

Kain
02-12-14, 18:29
Yea Strikeback UK & US were both good, it just got kinda old after a while. I have the whole last season on one of my drives, and just cant get motivated to watch it.

Spartacus was also fantastic.

Both are full of Tits, violence and manly shit. Game of thrones is sort of the same way, just on a whole nother level (Books are 10 times better than the show, if that gives you a frame of reference).

You need to watch the latest season if for not other reason than Richmond gets her tits out finally. At least that would have been motivation enough for a friend of mine if he wasn't already watching it religiously.

Palmguy
02-12-14, 19:11
I've enjoyed the show from the beginning and was sad to see Elmore Leonard pass last year.

Without giving away too much it was very odd seeing "Steve the Pirate" playing a badass hitman this past week! Thought he did so well - just odd for me.

Damn...I knew I recognized him but didn't know from what. Nick Searcy was awesome in that episode.

fourXfour
02-12-14, 21:13
Great show!!! One of my favorites. I ditched cable last year and mainly use my Apple TV. Justified is one of the few shows I buy on iTunes because I can't wait for it to be on Netflix.

Patton Oswalt was by far my favorite from last season. The "go bag" was great.

sandman99and9
02-12-14, 21:29
Eh first season was good....... had deteriorated since then. I watch it, its just one of the few TV shows on network worth watching.

Best Shows on TV right now:

3 absolute best-
House of Cards
Banshee
Game of Thrones

Then in no order -
True Detective
Shameless
The Americans
Homeland
Black Sails (who the **** doesn't love pirates?)

Honorable mention for best shows of all time:
The Wire
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Deadwood (most liberal use of cocksucker in exsitance)
Firefly
Jericho
BattleStar Gallatica

How could you have the Wire but forget OZ ?

S.M.

Spiffums
02-12-14, 21:42
I got to Season 3 episode 1 Gunfighter and got off on Game of Thrones. I really need to get caught up. I wear my hat now and then and since it's a Stetson Marshall in buff everyone asks if I like that show. Sis tells them I've had it for years just don't wear it.

Waylander
02-13-14, 10:23
Great show!!! One of my favorites. I ditched cable last year and mainly use my Apple TV. Justified is one of the few shows I buy on iTunes because I can't wait for it to be on Netflix.

Patton Oswalt was by far my favorite from last season. The "go bag" was great.

That shit was funny! Him and that little police car he had. Lol.
I can't see how anybody can say that wasn't one of the best if not the best season yet.

Big A
02-13-14, 11:38
Yep I saw Mike from Yes, Dear playing Nicky and thought WTF? Just like Michael Rapaport playing Darryl Crowe. It's kind of strange but cool at the same time.

I never get used to Rapaport/Darryl using a Southern hick drawl after knowing how non-hick he normally speaks.

I really dislike his character. I can't wait for Raylan to shoot him in the head....

He plays that role so well that every time he is on screen I just want something bad to happen to him.

Waylander
02-13-14, 11:44
I really dislike his character. I can't wait for Raylan to shoot him in the head....

He plays that role so well that every time he is on screen I just want something bad to happen to him.

Oh yea definitely. And the other Crowe with the pit bull...I hate that POS with a passion. Lol.

rushca01
02-13-14, 11:45

He put a hell of a whopping into that neo Nazi!!

Waylander
02-13-14, 11:47
He put a hell of a whopping into that neo Nazi!!

Yea that was fun to watch :)

jmp45
02-13-14, 11:50
I never cared for Rapaport much either, but his character is evolving. The skin head beat down was pretty cool. One of my favorite characters is Dickie Bennett, what a weasel. I can't remember what happened to him, Is he out of the series?

http://thoughtsnax.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dickie-bennett.jpg

Big A
02-13-14, 11:53
I never cared for Rapaport much either, but his character is evolving. The skin head beat down was pretty cool. One of my favorite characters is Dickie Bennett, what a weasel. I can't remember what happened to him, Is he out of the series?

http://thoughtsnax.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dickie-bennett.jpg

Yep, no longer on the show.

Big A
02-13-14, 11:55
Oh yea definitely. And the other Crowe with the pit bull...I hate that POS with a passion. Lol.

Yeah, I don't want him dead though, just paralyzed from the neck down would be fine...

FVC3
02-13-14, 12:13
That shit was funny! Him and that little police car he had. Lol.
I can't see how anybody can say that wasn't one of the best if not the best season yet.

"People underestimate Bob to their peril."

jmp45
02-13-14, 12:16
Oh yeah, the gremlin with the sick siren. Funny stuff.

vigilant2
04-08-15, 11:41
Thread resurrection ? Has anyone been watching the Final season of "Justified" (season 6)? Curious how you think next weeks SERIES finale will go down. Will Raylan kill Boyd?
Will he beat the six gun gunslinger? I'm really crazy with anticipation.

Palmguy
04-08-15, 11:44
Thread resurrection ? Has anyone been watching the Final season of "Justified" (season 6)? Curious how you think next weeks SERIES finale will go down. Will Raylan kill Boyd?

I wouldn't put it past them for Raylan to get killed (along with Boyd, maybe at each other's hands).

jmp45
04-08-15, 11:57
That may happen but I think there will be some gunplay before with Raylan and Billy the Kid. Billy has been itching for that.

Kain
04-08-15, 12:06
With Justified anything is possible, and with this being the last season all bets are off. Am going to be sad to see it go though since it and Vikings are about the only TV that I watch.

Anyway, since we had brought up True Detective earlier in this thread, anyone catch that the driver Boyd shot was the same one who played the preacher in the first season of True Detective?

vigilant2
04-08-15, 12:08
That may happen but I think there will be some gunplay before with Raylan and Billy the Kid. Billy has been itching for that.

Hmmm. If you watch the trailer closely and listen to what's said it seems like (maybe) Raylan is leaving town when he crosses paths with "Billy the Kid" whom says "you weren't gonna leave without saying goodbye" . Makes me wonder about the timing of events. Anyways I look forward to it.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/justified-episode-613-promise-series.html

WickedWillis
04-08-15, 12:12
I really think both Boyd and Raylan won't be getting out of this thing alive though.

Spurholder
04-08-15, 13:00

Boon's a dead man walking - especially if he harms a hair on Loretta's head. Same for Avery Markham. It's probably 50-50 on whether Markham or Boyd kill Wynn Duffy.

In a Boyd versus Raylan encounter...Boyd's already lost once to Raylan, and he's lucky he didn't die that time. Wonder if it'll be an ending like HEAT's (between Pacino and DeNiro)?

Ava keeps the money...moves to a non-extradition treaty country.

jmp45
04-08-15, 13:23
Anyway, since we had brought up True Detective earlier in this thread, anyone catch that the driver Boyd shot was the same one who played the preacher in the first season of True Detective?

Haven't seen true detective, but he plays Knucky's brother in Boardwalk Empire. We are really going to miss that series here. At least Better Call Saul will be back.

WickedWillis
04-08-15, 14:39
Haven't seen true detective, but he plays Knucky's brother in Boardwalk Empire. We are really going to miss that series here. At least Better Call Saul will be back.

True detective is incredible, you should really watch it. Each season is going to cover a new case, in a new city. Season one has been out for awhile.

brickboy240
04-08-15, 15:03
I have loved Justified and been watching it since the beginning.

Yes, after Breaking Bad went off...this has been the best series since then.

If you like Justified, you also might like "Longmire" or "The Bridge" both are lawmen series that are worth watching.

WickedWillis
04-08-15, 15:12
I have loved Justified and been watching it since the beginning.

Yes, after Breaking Bad went off...this has been the best series since then.

If you like Justified, you also might like "Longmire" or "The Bridge" both are lawmen series that are worth watching.

Unfortunately though, The Bridge got cancelled, and Longmire will be on Netflix from now on. I really enjoyed the first season of the Bridge.

brickboy240
04-08-15, 15:15
I know....all the good stuff is going away.

Burn Notice and In Plain Sight were also two others I was sad to see go away.

The Bridge was a tad hard to follow unless you watched it from the beginning but it was very different.

MountainRaven
04-08-15, 19:38
I really think both Boyd and Raylan won't be getting out of this thing alive though.

I wonder what makes you think that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9p534Q5hhw

Honu
04-08-15, 19:45
thats where I remember him from ! could not put my finger where else I saw that dude but was boardwalk empire :)

Big A
04-14-15, 16:17
So tonight's the night...

Here's how I think it will go down:

Boyd will kill Ava. Raylan will kill Boyd. Then Raylan and Mustache on a Penis will shoot it out with no clear victor shown. Cut to Wainona answering her door and crying but we won't know if they are tears of joy because Raylan is finally home or tears of sorrow because Art just informed her of his death.

WickedWillis
04-14-15, 17:01

Boyd will kill Ava. Raylan will kill Boyd. Then Raylan and Mustache on a Penis will shoot it out with no clear victor shown. Cut to Wainona answering her door and crying but we won't know if they are tears of joy because Raylan is finally home or tears of sorrow because Art just informed her of his death.

I think Art would tell Winona in person though.

Big A
04-14-15, 17:35
I think Art would tell Winona in person though.

That's what I'm saying, we won't know if it is Raylan at her door or Art. It'll be up to us to decide which it is.

WickedWillis
04-14-15, 17:50
That's what I'm saying, we won't know if it is Raylan at her door or Art. It'll be up to us to decide which it is.

I read door as PHONE I apologize for that.

Big A
04-14-15, 18:07
I read door as PHONE I apologize for that.

No worries. I'm just mad my favorite drama is ending...:(

WickedWillis
04-14-15, 18:08
Yeah I really don't want to see it end. The Raylan-Boyd story sure is one of my favorites on television.

Whiskey_Bravo
04-14-15, 18:39
Son......................of.........................................a..............................................................bitch.

I didn't realize it was ending this season. Best show on TV. First Firefly and then this, it's a conspiracy I am sure of it.

Whiskey_Bravo
04-14-15, 18:42
If I actually had some Pappy Van Winkle I would consider this a "justified" reason to crack that thing open and drink some.

(We are about a half season behind so didn't realize it was ending this season).

Kain
04-14-15, 18:45
Son......................of.........................................a..............................................................bitch.

I didn't realize it was ending this season. Best show on TV. First Firefly and then this, it's a conspiracy I am sure of it.

I miss Firefly. :sad:

It does seem that way, the really good shows never last while the mindless, dumb and shit, ones with actors or characters, or personality who make me want to bash in the skulls of anyone involved with it go on, and on, and on, and on, and for some ****ing reason the networks won't kill them, even when they get good ratings and have a massive following. At least with Justified, it is running it's course, leaving with head held high(Or at least I am hoping, we won't know for a few hours), and being allowed to leave with dignity opposed to some programs that should have had their life support shut off years and seasons ago. I do wish the best of luck to those involved with Justified, hope to see them in other series that are just as good.

Big A
04-14-15, 19:07
If I actually had some Pappy Van Winkle I would consider this a "justified" reason to crack that thing open and drink some.

(We are about a half season behind so didn't realize it was ending this season).

Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...You've got a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle and you haven't opened it yet?

That's some serious self restraint:eek::eek:

Whiskey_Bravo
04-14-15, 19:09
Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...You've got a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle and you haven't opened it yet?

That's some serious self restraint:eek::eek:

haha, please note the "If I actually had" section. "If" being the important section :)

Big A
04-14-15, 19:12
haha, please note the "If I actually had" section. "If" being the important section :)

Ok, some how I missed that, lol.

Hell, I just wish I could find some Old Rip Van Winkle bourbon to try.

jmp45
04-14-15, 19:36
No worries. I'm just mad my favorite drama is ending...:(

Check out Boardwalk Empire, equally as good if not better imho. Also Strike Back.

Kain
04-14-15, 20:00
Check out Boardwalk Empire, equally as good if not better imho. Also Strike Back.

Strikeback was/is ****ing awesome, I mean anything with tits in the opening credits can't be that bad. Though I think Scott has a clause in his contract he has to screw 90% of the hot chicks that are in the series. Tried to get into Boardwalk Empire, just couldn't do it, same with Breading Bad. Deadwood though was pretty good. I mean and entire conversation involving cocksucker? Awesome! Also if you want some gratuitous sex and violence the Spartacus series was okay, though the first few episodes were a little too 300y but all in all told a decent story and had some pretty fun moments. Fair warning to some, Spartacus does not discriminate, though I think any actresses with more than two lines had to do a nude scene. Other than that, we have what True Detective? Vikings is alright too though I have often urges to grab my Tomahawk and drink mead.

Honu
04-14-15, 20:08
that last part would suck :)
I want him to live :)

MountainRaven
04-14-15, 20:59

I figured it out when I picked up season five on DVD. The part where it says that it is the "penultimate" season is the give-away.

I wish Firefly had gotten as many seasons as Justified has gotten. Hell, I wish Firefly had gotten as many seasons as the original Star Trek had gotten. Six seasons is a pretty good run, the original Star Trek got three and each of its (not Enterprise) spin-offs got seven a pop. Star Wars: The Clone Wars got five-and-a-half seasons (but had so much left to go and was getting really, really good by season five. Not so fond of the half-season that was "season six"). Game of Thrones is just starting their fifth season. Battlestar Galactica (2004) got three mostly good seasons and a very rushed fourth season. Lost got six seasons, too.

Point being, six seasons is a damned good run.

that last part would suck :)
I want him to live :)

Even Clint Eastwood survived Unforgiven. Wouldn't be proper Western if Raylan died.

Kain
04-14-15, 22:25
Possible spoiler:
...............................................................................................................................

Well, didn't exactly go down as I expected, a bit anti-climatic I suppose. I guess they decided to play it safe. Didn't expect Boyd to make it out alive.

Palmguy
04-14-15, 22:42
I thought they ended it well. Surprised there wasn't more blood.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Palmguy
04-14-15, 22:45
Then Raylan and Mustache on a Penis...

Well played.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Renegade
04-14-15, 22:47
Well done.

El Vaquero
04-14-15, 23:28
Great show. Good, but not great ending. Sad to see another great series come to an end.

ALCOAR
04-15-15, 00:28
Wow....total disappointment!!!

Talk about predictable ending. They took absolutely zero chances, and wrapped it up in the most boringly neat package you can for the masses.

Everybody that was a main character lives...what a joke.

The exact opposite of Breaking Bad.

Honu
04-15-15, 02:45
well they are almost back where they started in some ways

did not think it was a bad ending but any ending is bad when the show was so good :(

BuzzinSATX
04-15-15, 06:13
well they are almost back where they started in some ways

did not think it was a bad ending but any ending is bad when the show was so good :(

My thoughts too. I liked the finale. Seemed to fit the characters logical progression. But this is a show I will miss.

WickedWillis
04-15-15, 10:56
I really don't see how anyone says this is a bad ending for this show. It was probably the perfect ending for this show. Nothing predictable, and it sure shot to shit all of our assumptions on how it would end yesterday, didn't it? Boyd gets locked up where he belongs, Eva gets a real chance, and Raylan stops toeing the line of being a dirty cop and redeems himself by taking Boyd in instead of killing him like he's just some other guy on the street. They dug coal together.

titanse05
04-15-15, 11:22
I really don't see how anyone says this is a bad ending for this show. It was probably the perfect ending for this show. Nothing predictable, and it sure shot to shit all of our assumptions on how it would end yesterday, didn't it? Boyd gets locked up where he belongs, Eva gets a real chance, and Raylan stops toeing the line of being a dirty cop and redeems himself by taking Boyd in instead of killing him like he's just some other guy on the street. They dug coal together.I have to agree as I thought is was the perfect ending to a great show. It will be missed.

nova3930
04-15-15, 11:23
I was more satisfied with this ending than I have been with most others. I like how they rolled in a lot of threads from the previous 4 seasons and tied them up.

I didn't expect Eva or Boyd to survive the season though.

brickboy240
04-15-15, 11:26
I have not seen a worse ending to an otherwise great series since the odd ending of The Sopranos.

jmp45
04-15-15, 13:05
It seemed to me they left it open ended for a possible spin off.

Big A
04-15-15, 15:06

Swing and a miss...

Well played.

Thank you, I stole it from Pam though.

Possible spoiler:
...............................................................................................................................

Well, didn't exactly go down as I expected, a bit anti-climatic I suppose. I guess they decided to play it safe. Didn't expect Boyd to make it out alive.

Wow....total disappointment!!!

Talk about predictable ending. They took absolutely zero chances, and wrapped it up in the most boringly neat package you can for the masses.

Everybody that was a main character lives...what a joke.

The exact opposite of Breaking Bad.

Yeah, I was disappointed in the ending with the exception of Raylan living. I thought for sure more of them were gonna die.

I have not seen a worse ending to an otherwise great series since the odd ending of The Sopranos.

Sons of Anarchy had a superbly disappointing finale.

This was one of the few shows where I truly despised the main bad guys from each season and couldn't wait for them to get their just desserts.

brickboy240
04-15-15, 15:35
Boyd needed to dies in a very bloody death in the end.

I also think that "X years later..." jump was really disappointing.

Sad to see it go away because there is nothing else good on that is like this. It seems like all the good series went away. Sorry..but Game of Thrones and the other gladiator series on HBO are just geared towards gay men and most other tv series are just not interesting enough to keep me watching after an episode or two. Better Call Saul was also disappointing.

Not much to watch now...going into summer.

WickedWillis
04-15-15, 16:32
Boyd needed to dies in a very bloody death in the end.

I also think that "X years later..." jump was really disappointing.

Sad to see it go away because there is nothing else good on that is like this. It seems like all the good series went away. Sorry..but Game of Thrones and the other gladiator series on HBO are just geared towards gay men and most other tv series are just not interesting enough to keep me watching after an episode or two. Better Call Saul was also disappointing.

Not much to watch now...going into summer.

Considering I am a huge fan of the books, and I have watched the show up until this season, and use a quote from the books in my sig line, I must be fruitier than a strawberry waffle according to that rational. :o

Kain
04-15-15, 16:38
Considering I am a huge fan of the books, and I have watched the show up until this season, and use a quote from the books in my sig line, I must be fruitier than a strawberry waffle according to that rational. :o

So does that mean you're going to change your name from Wicked to Fruity? :lol:

Personally watched the first couple seasons because a friend gave them to me to watch. Wasn't bad, but I didn't find myself really drawn to it. Better then average, but not a show that grabbed me and held my attention. But I doubt I would call it gay, over-hyped perhaps, but not gay.

WickedWillis
04-15-15, 16:50
So does that mean you're going to change your name from Wicked to Fruity? :lol:

Personally watched the first couple seasons because a friend gave them to me to watch. Wasn't bad, but I didn't find myself really drawn to it. Better then average, but not a show that grabbed me and held my attention. But I doubt I would call it gay, over-hyped perhaps, but not gay.

I'm taking it into consideration lol

MountainRaven
04-15-15, 21:09

Well, as Ron White says, everybody's at least a little bit gay, so....

26 Inf
04-15-15, 21:57

Context is key - a strawberry waffle from Waffle House, or one that your Grandma made? One from Waffle House, you are straight and safe, fruitier than one your Grandma made, well, everyone was waiting for you to open the door, so to speak. ;)

fourXfour
04-15-15, 22:28
6 seasons and a Movie!!!!

I liked it. It seems Raylan had a little time to reflect in the back of a cop car and get his priorities in order.

CLHC
04-15-15, 22:31
I've enjoyed the show while it lasted. Looking forward to what else will be in the offing.

MountainRaven
04-15-15, 22:37

I liked it. It seems Raylan had a little time to reflect in the back of a cop car and get his priorities in order.

Movie? What movie?

Hmac
04-16-15, 00:30
I watched the last three or four episodes of Justified tonight...I liked the finale just fine. I confess that I found this last season to be increasingly tedious...they probably could have called it quits with the same finale last year.

Sons of Anarchy had a superbly disappointing finale.

This was one of the few shows where I truly despised the main bad guys from each season and couldn't wait for them to get their just desserts.

I agree. Sons of Anarchy probably jumped the shark two years ago. As to despising the main bad guys, I increasingly found those main bad guys to be the Sons themselves. So much so that Jax' transition from Hamlet to Jesus Christ simply didn't work for me as he became increasingly nothing more than a cartoonish sociopathic murderer. The pseudo-intellectual BS they crammed into the last 20 minutes just made me tired. I watched Jax' swan dive onto Michael Chiklis' windshield in fast forward, then purged the whole mess from my hard drive without looking back.

fourXfour
04-16-15, 09:20
Movie? What movie?

Nothing planned. But they left it wide open for future projects. Maybe a mini-season like 24 just had.

BuzzinSATX
04-16-15, 11:15

That was pretty classic when the cop told Raylan to shut up or he'd be riding in the trunk...talk about a taste of your own medicine..LOL!

Take Care,

Buzz

KTR03
04-16-15, 16:12
I liked the finale. They gave us an exciting ending complete with some memorable lines and spent the last 15 minutes tying up the loose ends of characters that fans of the show cared about. I ended it with the same sentiment that I have when I put down a good book. Totally solid way to wrap up a show.

D

Big A
04-16-15, 20:15
I watched the last three or four episodes of Justified tonight...I liked the finale just fine. I confess that I found this last season to be increasingly tedious...they probably could have called it quits with the same finale last year.

I agree. Sons of Anarchy probably jumped the shark two years ago. As to despising the main bad guys, I increasingly found those main bad guys to be the Sons themselves. So much so that Jax' transition from Hamlet to Jesus Christ simply didn't work for me as he became increasingly nothing more than a cartoonish sociopathic murderer. The pseudo-intellectual BS they crammed into the last 20 minutes just made me tired. I watched Jax' swan dive onto Michael Chiklis' windshield in fast forward, then purged the whole mess from my hard drive without looking back.

Sorry, I didn't mean the bad guys on Sons of Anarchy. There were no real good guys or bad guys just some that were less evil and some that were more evil. I was really only referring to the finale. The last 2 seasons were just kinda phoned in.

I was referring to the bad guys on Justified. The Bennett's and the Crowe's were probably the worst but each seasons group of antagonists were completely despicable and I was glad when they got exactly what they deserved.

Big A
04-16-15, 20:33
Movie? What movie?

Nothing planned. But they left it wide open for future projects. Maybe a mini-season like 24 just had.

Highly doubt that. This was the last season because Elmore Leonard died and he was a writer for the show. They were in talks to do 8 seasons but because Elmore died most of the stars wanted to move on.

skydivr
04-16-15, 22:16
I thought the ending was just fine. Loved the show.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-17-15, 01:28
All series endings suck, this one sucked far less than most others.

It is the only show I watch where I find myself partial to eloquate like one of the characters in my everyday goings-on.

I always thought that there would be a rapprochement between them at the end, considering how they started.

Still working on getting thru 'Deadwood'. I wonder where he'll play Sheriff next?

Moose-Knuckle
04-17-15, 02:33
They dug coal together.

That with out a doubt is the best line to end the series with. Anyone read Elmore's novella 'Fire in The Hole' that the show is based upon? I haven't but ass-u-me that it ends the same.

I liked the finale. They gave us an exciting ending complete with some memorable lines and spent the last 15 minutes tying up the loose ends of characters that fans of the show cared about. I ended it with the same sentiment that I have when I put down a good book. Totally solid way to wrap up a show.

D

Sums up my thoughts on the finale.

Still working on getting thru 'Deadwood'. I wonder where he'll play Sheriff next?

I'm still trying to get over the cancelation of Deadwood by HBO. I know it hit the writer (David Milch) hard, I've always wondered if he is the one that burned down the set of Rome so HBO had to cancel it lol. He originally intended to do a series on Rome for HBO until they made him choose a different world so he went with Deadwood.

Big A
04-17-15, 18:46
That with out a doubt is the best line to end the series with. Anyone read Elmore's novella 'Fire in The Hole' that the show is based upon? I haven't but ass-u-me that it ends the same.

The end of episode 13 "Bulletville" from season one is how Fire In The Hole ends. In fact episodes 1 and 13 are the short story within FITH. (The book titled Fire In The Hole is a collection of short stories by Leonard)

Episode 4 from season one, "Long in the tooth" is the basic premise of the book Pronto although it varies quite a bit.

There are only four Elmore Leonard books featuring the character Raylan Givens:
Fire In The Hole.
Pronto.
Riding The Rap.
Raylan.

All are worth your time.

Moose-Knuckle
04-17-15, 23:35
The end of episode 13 "Bulletville" from season one is how Fire In The Hole ends. In fact episodes 1 and 13 are the short story within FITH. (The book titled Fire In The Hole is a collection of short stories by Leonard)

Episode 4 from season one, "Long in the tooth" is the basic premise of the book Pronto although it varies quite a bit.

There are only four Elmore Leonard books featuring the character Raylan Givens:
Fire In The Hole.
Pronto.
Riding The Rap.
Raylan.

All are worth your time.

Thanks for the info, Elmore's writing is what made the show what it was. I see he was also credited as being an executive producer of the show as well.

I'll have to read those some day.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-19-15, 05:12
Boyd is what made that show. Raylan sounds like he is constipated most of the time. I still like his character, but I've think they should have added more range to Raylan character. The bad guys were WAY more interesting than the good guys.

Boyd, Wynn Duffy, the Detroit Mafia guys, that whole story line in Mexico- I forget a bunch of other ones. Who was the skinny, whinny one that got killed recently and the one with the brown hair and was pretty dumb. Great bad-guys, played very well.

Moose-Knuckle
04-19-15, 07:14
The bad guys were WAY more interesting than the good guys.

Meh, the other Marshals were cool. Tim Gutterson (http://justified.wikia.com/wiki/Tim_Gutterson) always had great lines and he was a stone cold killer too. He was a Veteran of the 75 Ranger Regiment and a sniper in OEF. I really wished they would have explored this character more. Also Chief Deputy Art Mullen (http://justified.wikia.com/wiki/Art_Mullen) was a bad ass. Lot of other cool good guys along the way including Julie Roberts' brother in season five.

I forget a bunch of other ones. Who was the skinny, whinny one that got killed recently and the one with the brown hair and was pretty dumb. Great bad-guys, played very well.

Dewey Crowe (http://justified.wikia.com/wiki/Dewey_Crowe) and Dickey Bennet (http://justified.wikia.com/wiki/Dickie_Bennett)?

BuzzinSATX
04-19-15, 07:17
Boyd is what made that show. Raylan sounds like he is constipated most of the time. I still like his character, but I've think they should have added more range to Raylan character. The bad guys were WAY more interesting than the good guys.

Boyd, Wynn Duffy, the Detroit Mafia guys, that whole story line in Mexico- I forget a bunch of other ones. Who was the skinny, whinny one that got killed recently and the one with the brown hair and was pretty dumb. Great bad-guys, played very well.

That's a great point...the cast of folks on the wrong side of the law was amazing. My personal favorites were Mags Bennett, Limehouse, Darrell Crowe, and Win Duffy. I was also a huge Boyd fan. Loved to listen to him pontificate with amazing clarity and eloquence. This show had excellent writers for sure.

Course, I liked the Raylan character, but I think I liked his boss Art's character more. Wish they'd gave the Ranger dude more depth, but guess you can only fit so much in an hour.

And the guy who played Dewey Crowe was classic! I enjoyed every season...

Moose-Knuckle
04-19-15, 07:29
I was also a huge Boyd fan. Loved to listen to him pontificate with amazing clarity and eloquence. This show had excellent writers for sure.

That is Boyd to the proverbial "t". Loved that character's dialogue.

Some of my favorite baddies was Mags, Ty Walker, Avery Markham, Kathrine Hale, Robert Quarles (that guy was really ****ed up), Cousin Johnny, Hot Rod, Limehouse, Elias Marcos (Theo Tonin's peronal "mechanic").

BuzzinSATX
04-19-15, 07:52
When I saw Sam Elliott was going to be the villain in the last season (Markum), I was stoked. Love Sam Elliott as an actor. And while he was good, I just didn't think they wrote his character very well. His death scene was definitely a letdown...not nearly as exciting as the shoot out at the airport, Darrell Crowe being iced by his sister, Colt's stand with the sniper, or even Mags poisoning herself with her own apple pie shine.

Take Care,

Buzz

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-19-15, 07:53
I really liked the ex-mil/ranger deputy Marshal too- its just I kept on remembering him from EuroTrip. I guess having him reigning down death would have been too Dues ex Machina for the Elmore Leonard type of story. A little more breach, boom, bang with him would have been interesting.

https://youtu.be/so13heDAkeE

When ever someone does me wrong, I frankly want to channel Boyd more than I want to act like Raylan.

Panache and punishment.

Must have been a fun character to write for.

Moose-Knuckle
04-19-15, 08:12
When I saw Sam Elliott was going to be the villain in the last season (Markum), I was stoked. Love Sam Elliott as an actor. And while he was good, I just didn't think they wrote his character very well. His death scene was definitely a letdown...not nearly as exciting as the shoot out at the airport, Darrell Crowe being iced by his sister, Colt's stand with the sniper, or even Mags poisoning herself with her own apple pie shine.

Yeah Sam Elliot is one of my all time favorite actors, his voice is up there with the best in the business. Every time I hear it I want to eat the biggest steak I can get my hands on lol. His death was pretty mediocre but at least he died a Boyd's hand.

I really liked the ex-mil/ranger deputy Marshal too- its just I kept on remembering him from EuroTrip. I guess having him reigning down death would have been too Dues ex Machina for the Elmore Leonard type of story. A little more breach, boom, bang with him would have been interesting.

https://youtu.be/so13heDAkeE

When ever someone does me wrong, I frankly want to channel Boyd more than I want to act like Raylan.

Panache and punishment.

Must have been a fun character to write for.

That was an awesome scene and quote by Marshal Tim Gutterson. One of the things about this show is they casted so many different actors in roles out of their normal "typecast". A lot of comedians in very serious roles, etc. Elias Marcos who was the main hit man for the Detroit mob (the one that tried to take on both Art and Raylan in a single gunfight with an Auto-Assault 12 shotgun) played Pirate Steve on Dodge Ball lol! And the Chief Deputy in FL has been in all the Anchorman movies and other comedies lol. Timothy Olyphant who produced some of the later seasons casted several members of the cast from Deadwood.

Vandal
04-19-15, 08:28
I just finished the last episode and now that Justified has ended I'm not really sure what to do. That was easily my favorite show for the past 6 seasons. The cast was always well done along with the writing. The more I tried to remember Boyd was a "bad guy" the more I liked him. His character was perfectly done by the actor and the writers, he stole the show from Raylan more than once.

I think the last half of this season they were looking for a way to tie it up. It felt somewhat disjointed like they weren't quite sure how to end such a fantastic show. I expected them to better use Sam Elliot as a bad guy. They could have made him more sinister. I also expected a final duel between Raylan and Boyd instead of Boyd going to prison.

I'm going to miss it.

BuzzinSATX
04-19-15, 10:21
Lotta love for the Boyd character, and rightfully so...the show writers gave him an awesome script, and Walter Groggins nailed the speech, gestures, and attitude perfectly IMO.

Heck, Groggins was so good at being Boyd Crowder that it simply blew me away every time I saw him playing the helpless, sad transvestite character in Sons of Anarchy, a role he also played amazingly well

Take Care,

Buzz

Big A
04-19-15, 11:13
Yeah Sam Elliot is one of my all time favorite actors, his voice is up there with the best in the business. Every time I hear it I want to eat the biggest steak I can get my hands on lol. His death was pretty mediocre but at least he died a Boyd's hand.

If you watch the scene where Markum throws the big party at his pizza place The Portal, he drinks a Coors in a "banquet" bottle, it made me chuckle. Kinda surprised he wasn't driving around in a new Dodge Ram.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-19-15, 12:16
Finding a bunch of "Gangstagrass" songs on youtube. Interesting sound.

Moose-Knuckle
04-19-15, 23:47
If you watch the scene where Markum throws the big party at his pizza place The Portal, he drinks a Coors in a "banquet" bottle, it made me chuckle. Kinda surprised he wasn't driving around in a new Dodge Ram.

LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Lt40TqNVg

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a clause in his contract with Coors that he can only drink Coors products in any appearance. Well that or the writers were just having some fun with him! All of the actors who ever play James Bond have one stating that cannot wear a tuxedo in any public appearance/commercials/or other roles unless at an Eon Production sanctioned event.

Lacos
01-27-22, 23:59
Raylan Givens is back - Justified: City Primeval premiers 2023

“Officially titled “Justified: City Primeval,” the new show picks up with Givens eight years after he left Kentucky behind. He now lives in Miami, a walking anachronism balancing his life as a U.S. Marshal and part-time father of a 14-year-old girl. His hair is grayer, his hat is dirtier, and the road in front of him is suddenly a lot shorter than the road behind.“

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/justified-revival-fx-timothy-olyphant-1235154475/

SteyrAUG
01-28-22, 00:58
Raylan Givens is back - Justified: City Primeval premiers 2023

“Officially titled “Justified: City Primeval,” the new show picks up with Givens eight years after he left Kentucky behind. He now lives in Miami, a walking anachronism balancing his life as a U.S. Marshal and part-time father of a 14-year-old girl. His hair is grayer, his hat is dirtier, and the road in front of him is suddenly a lot shorter than the road behind.“

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/justified-revival-fx-timothy-olyphant-1235154475/

Please don't screw this up like Dexter or that Ray Donovan movie.

joedirt199
01-28-22, 10:40
The wife and I enjoyed the original series. Hopefully they don't jack it up.

utahjeepr
01-28-22, 10:59
Loved Justfied. That said my guess is that they are gonna asshole this up. They usually do.

I kinda wish series would end with the tragic death of the major players. That way the "legacy" is safe.

Honu
01-28-22, 11:39
yeah hope they do not screw it up and make him the new woke aware Raylan aware of his white privilege ! or some other idiocy

or show all the white folks as massive white supremacist trump loving types

ViniVidivici
01-28-22, 12:27
Justified was one of the best shows to come out in a good while, really enjoyed it.

Hoping they won't screw this one up, but it's anybody's guess.

Adrenaline_6
01-28-22, 13:10
Nice...i'm with everyone...loved the show...please don't screw it up.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-28-22, 14:08
I love that scene where the dep marshall talks about his shot. He says the word ‘miss’ like it is a bag of smelly dog poop that he has no link to.

I have a 14 YO daughter, might be interesting to watch it with her ;)

Would Boyd be getting out? They really need him, maybe playing the edge of legal/illegal to make the show work.

Adrenaline_6
01-28-22, 14:20
One of my all time fave's:

https://youtu.be/B-K5RlyKcfo

SteyrAUG
01-28-22, 18:10
yeah hope they do not screw it up and make him the new woke aware Raylan aware of his white privilege ! or some other idiocy

or show all the white folks as massive white supremacist trump loving types

My prediction, some 4th grade level writing for story lines and plot twists you can see from 6 miles out. United colors of Benetton cast but all bad guys MUST BE middle age white dudes. Supporting players will be sassy, profanity driven "bad ass" twenty something females who despite being 130 lbs. can "one punch" bodyguards who are twice their unconscious.

10 episodes of virtue signalling that go nowhere and accomplish nothing in terms of character development...all left open ended in case there is money for another season.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-28-22, 18:39
Maybe. They do have the books to go by at least, right? Or is this off content

ViniVidivici
01-28-22, 19:53
One of my favorite scenes.

"I'm an Outlaw". Modern classic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6KBbWvEtLEs

Lacos
01-29-22, 05:00
I hope they keep the same theme song, “Long hard times too come”. Justified not Justified without the same theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyFccnd_Tzc

odugrad
01-31-22, 08:05
Big fan of the show, too. One of my favorite scenes is when he's confronting Hot Rod Dunham and talking about life growing up with Arlo. Great scene.

Here's hoping they don't mess up the new series.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-31-22, 19:03
Please don't screw this up like Dexter or that Ray Donovan movie.

They put so much thought into that Ray Donovan ending that they called it “Ray Donovan: The Movie”

May the Schwartz be with you..

The song is good, but I think that they could have an new one. Lots of good bubba-rap out there.

glocktogo
02-01-22, 12:17
They put so much thought into that Ray Donovan ending that they called it “Ray Donovan: The Movie”

May the Schwartz be with you..

The song is good, but I think that they could have an new one. Lots of good bubba-rap out there.

I like this one. Think they used it for a bit to advertise the show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmfy_5nAH_U

teufelhund1918
02-03-22, 05:30
It would be utterly hilarious if Walter Goggins, aka Boyd Crowder, came back as that tranny hooker he played in Sons of Anarchy. :lol::lol::lol: