PDA

View Full Version : Can you get an HK45 in Variant 9 ?

FlyingHunter
05-19-08, 17:47
Man o man that new HK45 grip reallly fits my hand. However, there's no way I'll ever buy the variant 1 model that has the thumb safety as a decocker. All I see on-line is variant 1's. Does anybody know if/when Variant 9's will be available. That's the version that allows cocked and locked or hammer down double action. Thanks for the advice.

MAP
05-19-08, 19:29
Your best bet is to call H&K. The only different configuration that I'm aware of is the LEM.

Good luck,

Mike

IrishDevil
05-19-08, 20:06
I spoke with an HK rep last week. The only Variants currently available are the V1 and LEM, LEM only if you send it in to be converted. When asked about the V9, I was told it would be some while, definitely after US production starts. I also asked about the "Tactical" model of the HK45, as in the threaded barrel model. Was told there is no current timeline.

For what it's worth I asked about having my P30 converted to LEM and was told that service wasn't offered.

Nimslow
05-22-08, 20:30
I'd never do this for duty or self defense use, but you can take a USP V9 control plate, modify it slightly and it will work in your HK45.

I shoot IDPA with my HK45 that I put a USP LEM kit in. 3500K rounds with no problems, but it supposedly voids the warranty.

VA_Dinger
05-23-08, 06:54
I called HK asking about the HK45 variant nine conversion parts again last week. I got sent to Jeff Swisser's voice mail but he called me back in under an hour. Jeff told me the parts would be available in a couple of months. I do not find this surprising considering how the HK45 has not been in production for all that long. Since they got the LEM kits out reasonably quick I am sure we will see the variant nine parts before too long.

Just for the record HK has either answered the phone immediately and answered my questions politely & throughly OR called me back promptly to do the same thing. I could not really bitch if I wanted too.