PDA

View Full Version : Springfield flier from 94 ban about subbing Beretta mags...

TED
02-13-14, 01:17
Yes, I used the search, and Google.

Does any one have a copy of the flier that springfield had regarding sending modified Beretta mags with XD's during the 94 ban?

Anyone have diagrams with measurements for doing the mod?

Thanks.

TED

Leaveammoforme
02-13-14, 04:19
I found a link ,from 2009, for flier that doesn't work. Can you not just measure your mag catch slot on your xd mag & slot the 92 mag in the same place?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/gsdlvr/uploads/Springfieldawbmags1.jpg

Vandal
02-13-14, 09:17
There are several threads over on XDTalk about doing this. I'd go check there.

Redbeardsong
02-13-14, 09:31
I'm confused. Why do this? Are you in a ban state or are you having trouble finding XD mags?

MegademiC
02-13-14, 16:50
I modded cz mags before (no flush fit for my model so I made one from another model's magazine). If just the catch hole is different its very easy - however, be aware that you may be removing a hardened surface so the hole may elongate over time since its not been surface hardened.

Darkwood1
02-13-14, 18:27
This is an interesting concept and I have given this some thought as well but for an M&P9 instead. Yes for a ban state. The Sig P226 mags will fit in the M&P but need to be pushed up fully in the magwell to reliably feed as the mag catch slot is not in the same spot. Beretta 92 mags may work as well but the feed lip angle is slightly different between the three mags.

Also, the magazine follower would need to be modified to lock the slide back on the last round.

Food for thought.

TED
02-14-14, 00:45
I'm planning ahead for the next ban and also just for general knowledge I want to know what mags can be modified to work with what guns.

TED