PDA

View Full Version : Any Speed Sight User Here

heat-ar
02-13-14, 18:39
I was in the mood to try something different on my test mule gun glock 17 gen3 so i took off my fiber optic sights and put some speed sights on it. I have put about 400 rounds through it with the speed sights on it and i guess i don't like them because i can't make up my mine if i do like them. There very quick to get on target and at 5 yards the tip of the diamond shoots accurately. I go back to 10 yards and beyond and the diamond starts to cover up the target and i have to use the center of the diamond to shoot accurately and its is covering up the target. It might just be me not use to something so different because i am a average shooter but trying to get some feed back from some other speed sight user or what you guys might have heard about them. Thanks.

El Cid
02-13-14, 20:00
Had to google them as I've not heard of them previously. My initial thought is they seem like a gimmick. That said, when I first heard of using a "U" notch as the rear on a handgun I thought the same - then I tried them and am now I'm a believer.

I'd be interested in trying them but not on my dime. I've recently become quite taken with the Trijicon HD's and can't see anything beating them. The more I've shot over the years the more I prefer a bright, easy to see front sight and black rears. I don't want the rears to distract from the front.

Do you have another 9mm Glock with different sights so you can do side by side runs with a timer? Every shooter is unique and we all won't like the same things... But I'd like to see something more scientific to convince me. It reminds me of the car guys who install a new go-fast part and brag about how much it helps but they are using the "Seat Of The Pants" system to measure instead of a track timer or dyno.

heat-ar
02-14-14, 09:04
[QUOTE=El Cid;1855544]

I've recently become quite taken with the Trijicon HD's and can't see anything beating them. The more I've shot over the years the more I prefer a bright, easy to see front sight and black rears. I don't want the rears to distract from the front.

^^Your quote describe my feelings also^^ .Hopefully my HD's will be here in march for my ppq and i will get some for my glock also. There are so many thinks that you can try on the glock platform that's its hard for me to say no sometimes to trying something different. I think going from a small fiber optic front sight to a large front sight is going to take getting used to.

heat-ar
03-07-14, 16:45
I am beginning to really like these speed sights. Getting use to putting the tip of the sight not the whole diamond on the target seems to be what its all about. And being that there is a sharp tip on the sight it does not cover up all your target at longer shots.
Next up for my test mule glock is a apex extractor and safari land holster. The extractor in my glock now works good but about every 100 rounds i will get hit in the top of my head with some brass. Today i had one go down the back of my shirt and it was a little warm. Piece out.