PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint or other?

762mmFMJ
05-20-08, 02:17
I started this thread in the AR general discussions and it evolved into more about the optics than the rifle https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=14552

Like I said in that thread, I have used Aimpoints before, and I like them, but I want to know is that a good choice for a "general purpose" carbine, as it was called.

I also stated that the vast majority of my shooting is within 300 yards. Realisticly, most of my shooting is 100 yards or less though.

Failure2Stop recommended a low power variable or possibly the TA33-8 ACOG for my uses. My concern with one of those is will the FSB interfere too much with the sight picture on the lower powers. No matter which carbine I settle on, it will have a fixed FSB.

I have been researching the various optics, but I know very little about them and what I really need. So, right now that leaves me leaning heavily towards an Aimpoint because I do have previous experience with them.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks.

kjo
05-20-08, 10:50
the simple reply is if you want quality, ruggedness, great customer service then Aimpoint is the way to go. Especially true when you say your needs are for 100yds and in -- although 100 yds and out is not an issue either (depending on how far out...........) ..... and then there is the 3X mag if needed.

762mmFMJ
05-21-08, 00:23
OK, now which Aimpoint? That's the tough part!

kjo
05-21-08, 09:57
really not so hard -- difficult to find fault with the T-1

C4IGrant
05-21-08, 10:32
OK, now which Aimpoint? That's the tough part!

The Micro or M4S are really the two best options.

The best value however, is the C3.

C4

762mmFMJ
05-21-08, 11:07
Thank you for your replies.

What about the Comp ML3? Is that still a good option? The C3 looks pretty much the same, but without a couple features, I guess that is what makes it more affordable.

C4IGrant
05-21-08, 11:13
Thank you for your replies.

What about the Comp ML3? Is that still a good option? The C3 looks pretty much the same, but without a couple features, I guess that is what makes it more affordable.

The ML3 and C3 are almost identical in every way. The only thing that you really get with the ML3 is the flip up covers (which you can add to the C3.

C4

C3 with covers
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Aimpoint/C3%20on%20LT%20mount.JPG

762mmFMJ
05-21-08, 11:33
Thanks again! Can I get a quote for a C3 w/ADM or LaRue mount(not sure which)and the flip up caps? Thanks.

C4IGrant
05-21-08, 11:39
Thanks again! Can I get a quote for a C3 w/ADM or LaRue mount(not sure which)and the flip up caps? Thanks.

C3 + Std ADM mount $470 w/front and rear caps.

C4