PDA

View Full Version : CETME barrel threading?

Reagans Rascals
02-18-14, 11:01
I have a Century Arms CETME Sporter. I am in the process of doing some work to it. I have researched enough to decipher the probable barrel thread (M15X1). I have ordered a 51T Blackout Flash hider from AAC in hopes to possibly suppress it with my 762SDN6. Suppressor effectiveness due to Locking piece issues aside, I have a few questions concerning barrel threading concentrically...

I have ordered an M15X1 right hand die from CNC warrior along with their extended die starter. My question is, once I remove the pinned flash hider currently attached, can a die and a 2" extended die starter be used reliably to ensure barrel threads are concentric to the bore? I will run the die with the die starter over the current threads to true them up, but I am wondering if this method can ensure concentric threads... I have no desire at the moment to send the weapon to a smith to have it re-threaded if that is truly necessary, I will simply leave it as is... but I always love to tinker if its something I can do myself..

Below is the die starter and the die I ordered to be used in conjunction with each other...

eaboecke
02-18-14, 12:51
Make sure the century brake is not threaded on. I had a CETME that was threaded on and pinned. I was able to remove the pin and unthread the brake. It had M15 threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aries144
02-18-14, 12:53
ghjkl