PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer AR's vs Colt

DetroitChris
02-19-14, 12:05
I did some rifle shopping yesterday. Decided to get serious and sold my Diamondback DB15 and entry level Del-ton Sport.

Both rifles met my weekend warrior needs and functioned flawlessly but I was time to pony up and get a tried and true home defense/SHTF carbine so off to the LGS I went.

There I met a very hard decision:
1) a bare bones Colt LE6920 with no frills aside from Magpul PMAG and rear MBUS sight.

http://www.impactguns.com/colt-m4-carbine-6920-ar15-16in-6920.aspx

2) at $100 cheaper was a Sig Sauer M400 with all Magpul ODG furniture, nicer finish and more svelte look. Had quick release strap holes on each side, ambi mag release and basically all the same specs as the Colt. Everything except the M16 carrier in the Colt vs the AR-15 one in the Sig.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sigm400-enhanced-od-green.aspx

I ended up buying the Colt but I couldn't stop wondering if I made the wrong choice. My tipping point was asking myself what would I want with me if we were in a bug out/survival situation, and if the rifle will outlive me and be a heirloom for my kid. The Colt seemed to fit the bill more so even with a $100 premium and no frills I still bought it.

But what do you guys think? Did I stiff myself not getting the nicer cheaper Sig? Or was Colt the hands-down better choice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markm
02-19-14, 12:09
There's nothing Sig makes that I'd take for free. Pistols, Rifles, Hats... NOTHING.

Colt was the right choice.

kdcgrohl
02-19-14, 12:12
But what do you guys think? Did I stiff myself not getting the nicer cheaper Sig? Or was Colt the hands-down better choice?

This.

dentron
02-19-14, 12:13
Don't doubt yourself, you picked the right one.

tehpwnag3
02-19-14, 13:21
Your gut was right.

tehpwnag3
02-19-14, 13:24
There's nothing Sig makes that I'd take for free. Pistols, Rifles, Hats... NOTHING.

Not even my "Made in West Germany" P220? ...

omega21
02-19-14, 13:29

I strongly disagree with this statement. If Sig made hats with the Colt logo on them I would take one for free. Needless to say it would break after a short while since Sig made it, but still - it's free!

VIP3R 237
02-19-14, 13:34
Colt > Sig every day of the week. Not saying Sig makes a bad firearm, but they just aren't up to the level of Colt, BCM, DD, LMT, etc. The only feature i like more about the Sig is the ambi magazine release.

sva01
02-19-14, 14:31
What all the others said: Colt was the right choice.

Now remember the other mantra from this board; two is one, one is none. You need another Colt.

Iraqgunz
02-19-14, 14:53
Not sure why this is even a topic. And it's usually a good idea to ask before purchasing unless you simply want validation.