PDA

View Full Version : Kelty desert tan. Molle pouches?

JustG45
02-19-14, 23:19
Anyone with a kelty desert tan backpack let me know what molle pouches match well? I'd like a couple side pouches to strap on but can seem to find that perfect match I'm color.

You must excuse me, the sleep pills the doc gave me make this really hard to ask.

Looking for nalgene pouch and scabbard to match the kelty falcon 4000

Thank you

sua175
02-20-14, 08:41
My Kelty MAP 3500 is the lightest tan I have seen as far as tactical colors are concerned. I would say your best bet is good ole khaki like the old school SFLCS eagle industries color. I think older LBT khaki stuff was lighter too.

ra2bach
02-20-14, 12:45
I gave up trying to match colors among different manufacturers and generally opt for something contrasting as I think it looks better, etc...

if you're set on it though, one place you might look look is So Tech. I have a 4mag and a 6mag pouch and they are light desert sand color that looks to match your pack pretty well...

ra2bach
02-20-14, 12:46
My Kelty MAP 3500 is the lightest tan I have seen as far as tactical colors are concerned. I would say your best bet is good ole khaki like the old school SFLCS eagle industries color. I think older LBT khaki stuff was lighter too.

those Khaki are a little green. the Eagle Khaki looks like the light green used in multicam...

TxRaptor
02-20-14, 13:06
I may get flamed for this but I recall Condor "coyote brown" being significantly lighter in shade than what other gear manufacturers consider coyote brown. Having never seen the Kelty pack in person, I can not tell you if they will match.

Depending on your intended use, if color must match than it may be worth a shot. Otherwise I always adhere to the mentality that my gear should be function > appearance.