PDA

View Full Version : Mini 14 Trigger Group

Heavyweight
02-20-14, 10:00
OK.....I'm not a huge fan of the Mini 14 but I bought one of the new model tacticals for $400 off a kid at a local gunshow. Screaming deal and I have no illusions about what it is. Just wanted to handle it and shoot it for the experience more than anything. And I'm thinking if I hate it I'll just resell it and make money. Wrong!!

Took it to the range and it shot very well. 2 - 3 inch groups....but the trigger was aweful. Took it home and disassembled it. All I'm going to say is that it's obvious that the trigger group has been worked on. Don't know what the intent was. I need to scrap the whole thing and get a new one. Needless to say I am hesitant to take it to a smith or send it back to Ruger. Does anyone sell complete trigger groups? If not I'm going to torch the rifle. Not worth it.

Heavyweight

SteyrAUG
02-20-14, 14:27
You can try Numrich.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Ruger-33474/Rifles-40406/Mini-14-39657.htm?results=All

But honestly I'd call Ruger and see what they say. Sometimes they are the best warranty work option.

ra2bach
02-20-14, 21:42
you can try this and see what they say -- http://www.mini14triggers.com/

Eric
02-21-14, 01:32
Contact Ruger http://www.ruger.com/footer/contact.html.
That trigger assembly needs to be inspected by Ruger and returned to factory specs.

ST911
02-21-14, 11:31
Last I knew, most critical components in the trigger group, if not the group itself, were restricted to factory service even for armorers. Have the gun returned to factory spec with verification of same by sending it home.

ra2bach
02-21-14, 11:50
Last I knew, most critical components in the trigger group, if not the group itself, were restricted to factory service even for armorers. Have the gun returned to factory spec with verification of same by sending it home.

the guys I linked to above claim they are factory authorized warranty service for Ruger Minis. if it was worked on, it might be something as simple as it was reassembled incorrectly. the problem with sending it to Ruger is they will not work on it if it has been modified in any way and will only R&R with new parts to return to stock. no analysis, no discussion. the folks I linked to would be able to do an analysis of the trigger group and determine if the whole group or parts need to be replaced, or if it can be salvaged. their "trigger job" costs $65 and if the whole trigger group needs to be replaced they have those too...

Maddmax
03-02-14, 11:03
the guys I linked to above claim they are factory authorized warranty service for Ruger Minis. if it was worked on, it might be something as simple as it was reassembled incorrectly. the problem with sending it to Ruger is they will not work on it if it has been modified in any way and will only R&R with new parts to return to stock. no analysis, no discussion. the folks I linked to would be able to do an analysis of the trigger group and determine if the whole group or parts need to be replaced, or if it can be salvaged. their "trigger job" costs $65 and if the whole trigger group needs to be replaced they have those too...

Looks like these are the go to guys for the mini. Thanks for the link.