PDA

View Full Version : Leupold Mark AR Mod1 or Leatherwood CMR?

saberulk
02-21-14, 19:36
Looking to pick up a low powered magnified optic for my AR. Looking at the CMR and the Leupold Mark AR Mod1 with the Firedot. Also checked out the Vortex Viper PST and the Burris MTAC. Didn't really like the small reticle on the PST and the one on the main dot on the MTAC was pretty big. Any opinions out there to help me make a good decision? If any other optics have served you well, please let me know. Pics of various reticles and how they worked for you would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

el_chupo_
02-21-14, 19:56
I believe vortex is planning a new 1-4x in the near future, cheaper than the Viper, different reticle. May be up your alley.

l8apex
02-21-14, 19:59
For money it's really hard to beat the Patrol VXR 1.2-4. Reticle is fast and very usable, it has served me well. Check out the Optics Thread on the main forum page.

TomMcC
02-21-14, 20:43
I've looked through the CMR, the glass is ok but probably not up to Leupold standards. The reticle was quite thin, and for me hard to see quickly. The only advantage I see with the CMR is 1X. It's 1X is not as close to a true 1X as my MTAC or even my Nikon, but it's better than the Leupold's 1.25. I personally dislike 1.25..1.5's. You'll have to decide on that one, IMO it's a pretty big deal. The MTAC was designed for quick work, think 3gun, and that's what I use mine for. Shooting tiny groups at 300-400yds is not it's forte, but shooting reasonably large targets out to 350 in a pretty quick fashion, yep.

walkin' trails
02-21-14, 21:06
I put a Mark AR on my gun and it seems to work fine. The older version w/o the red dot. This one is mainly for playing around. Leupold optics are decent stuff.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Iraqgunz
02-22-14, 02:05
https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?13-Optics-amp-Mounts