PDA

View Full Version : Anything to worry about?

Alweason
02-22-14, 16:38
Just curious, I noticed brass markings at the front of the ejection port on corner of the slide on xds.Other then being OCD and it worrying the hell out of me cause I can't get it off, is it normal? Thanks23915

Pappabear
02-22-14, 18:54
If it is cycling fine, I wouldn't worry. Different ammo may eject differently.

MegademiC
02-22-14, 23:43
I don't get too excited about ejection patterns - which I believe that is a result of. Different ammo (tula being weak, and +p being higher pressure), has different ejection angles. Also less consistent ammo will eject less consistently. Making note of it is good - as it seems unusual to me, but I wouldn't worry unless it begins to malfunction, which at that point you should take that marking and what it means into consideration. Have fun and be safe!

weggy
02-23-14, 17:18
Papabear speaks the truth, my XDM does the same thing, if it bothers you try feeding it different ammo.

Magsz
02-24-14, 13:48
Have you ejected any live rounds? It could be the nose of the round rubbing against the slide leaving a small mark.

If the gun is operating normally i wouldnt sweat it at all.

Alweason
02-24-14, 16:53
Yea, I've manually ejected live rounds. I don't think it started doing it until I used remington high terminal performance rounds. No problems with pmc or hornady.

bjxds
02-24-14, 18:41
Yea, I've manually ejected live rounds. I don't think it started doing it until I used remington high terminal performance rounds. No problems with pmc or hornady.

Sounds like it may be the ammo. I have not noticed this on the 9 or 45, with many different ammo brands, bullet types and weights. For what its worth I have noticed it on some other rifles, but never caused any ejection/feed issues, so keep shooting and let us know if you do encounter any problems.

I will probably look at mine a little closer now.