PDA

View Full Version : Constantly Outlining Our Weaknesses on TV?

TXBK
02-22-14, 20:34
So I sit here, watching Judge Jeanine Pirro on Fox, and am basically learning the many ways to disable our nations power grid. Is it really a good idea to air information like this, or is it already well known information to our enemies? Could there be a hidden strategy in the specific information being given? Is this type of programming what it will take for those in charge of our grid to take the necessary action to protect and update these utilities?

Even, watching programs illustrating our Military Technology sometimes gives me the feeling that the wrong people are watching and taking notes. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching, but I hope there is some sort of strategy behind these programs.

BoringGuy45
02-22-14, 22:28
I really don't worry about this. There's probably no less than a thousand terrorist groups and quite a few countries that would like nothing better than to completely turn our country into a set for a post-apocalyptic movie by any means necessary. At least half of these organizations possess the means and know how to do so if they had the opportunity. If the grid was as vulnerable to attack as has been brought forth in the media, we'd probably have seen a LOT more successful attacks.

Dave_M
02-22-14, 22:35
Remember that the media likes to portray the worst possible scenarios for viewership and ratings. Recall the stats they gave about possible Anthrax deaths and compare them to the actual ones.

TXBK
02-23-14, 07:12
Personally, I am not terribly worried about it. However, it just seems odd to me. They showed an animated graphic of the grid system, and showed which transformer substation could send us back to the Dark Ages if destroyed. Oh yeah, with the prediction of 90% casualties within a year, if the entire system was disabled. Are these numbers exaggerated? Probably, but terrorists/enemies are amongst us both foreign and domestic. Again, this just strikes me as odd. Hmm, oh well....move along, there's nothing to see here.

ST911
02-23-14, 10:09
OSINT can be a tremendous tool. There is often better stuff flowing through it than is made available to professional rescuers via official channels. Just sayin.