PDA

View Full Version : ADCOR Billet Lower?

TF82
02-24-14, 19:11
I did a search and only found a couple of scattered posts with little information about these lowers. I know that billet lowers are not all that popular here, but I was wondering if anyone has much experience with the ADCOR billet lowers? Don't take me the wrong way, I'm not interested in unnecessary pistons or anything like that. The reason I ask is that I find the integrated trigger guard and slightly flared magazine well functionally appealing and these receivers seem to offer both without all of the added visual silliness of most billet lowers. On the other hand that has me wondering if they're reinforced enough to make up for the billet being less inherently strong than forgings. If anyone has any experiences they would care to share I would appreciate it.

On the other hand, I'm very happy with my Aero Precision upper, but I'm a bit put off by reports of non-beveled magazine wells in their lowers. All of my experience is with Colt lowers which are nicely beveled so if this is really a nonissue please feel free to set me straight and save me about $50.