PDA

View Full Version : Raven Concealment alteration?????????????

sol1777
02-25-14, 10:46
Ok heres the deal. I have a P2000/X300 that I carry in a RC Phantom. Because of a recent optics change on my carbine, I need to put my X300 on the carbine ( 12 o'clock), and move my TLR-1 to the P2000. Obviously, the pistol/TLR-1 doesnt fit perfectly in the holster. It does slide in most of he way, just the diameter of the head on the streamlight is larger than the surefire. If I carefully apply heat, I'm tempted to force the pistol in and form it. It goes most of the way as it is. Anybody every try altering a manufactured holster like this? Holsters and lights are expensive, so I'm trying to make do with what I have. I havent convinced my self to go all the way yet. Cant afford another X300, and the chances of trading the holster is probably slim. Would like feedback from others. Thanks for the help and ideas.

ggammell
02-25-14, 11:03
You'd probably be better off trying to sell the existing on the aware or eBay and use what you get towards the purchase of a new holster. Kydex can brake if you don't know what you're doing with the heat. Save the heart ache.

renmedic
02-25-14, 11:14
That's not exactly an un-popular pistol or light. I'd throw it up on the equipment exchange forum and try to sell it. If you are bound & determined to modify it there are a ton of DIY-videos and tutorials up on the web. Do a Google for DIY Holster and see what comes up. You might be surprised.

MH557
02-25-14, 11:32
Minor fit or retention issues can be adjusted or remedied with the careful use of heat and pressure. Just be sure to move the heat around and go slow, as overheating will leave a *shiny* spot in the Kydex. You might be able to glean some info out of this thread as well:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?64714-How-to-make-a-Kydex-holster-Picture-Tutorial

Spurholder
02-25-14, 11:59
IIRC, the Phantom "locks" around the light, not the pistol, for most of its retention capability. Do you really want to mess with that?

If it were me, I'd sell it and buy the TLR-1-specific Phantom.

sol1777
02-25-14, 12:03
Good info guys. No Im not sure I want to do this. Just thinking about it. Ill check out some videos and see ease of it all, and things that might go bad. The only reason I consider this is that I have another holster to carry the pistol in without a light, and have been giving it serious thought to go without a light for carry purposes, and just put the light on at night when it sits on the bedstand. Decisions decisions!

luvmy40
02-25-14, 15:14
You can probably sell it fairly easily and get the right Phantom, but I'll mod it for you if you want to foot the shipping. I have the P2000 and both the TLR1 and X300 lights. It should be an easy fix.

sol1777
02-25-14, 16:19
Luvmy40
That is very generous. Ive sent you a pm so we can discuss.