PDA

View Full Version : BCM - KeyMod Vert Grip

supersix4
02-25-14, 13:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNLE3Wt0qXk

Anyone have any info on this, estimated release date?

Thanks,

markm
02-25-14, 13:55
I don't like foregrips, but that attachment method looked kind of handy.

jerrysimons
02-25-14, 14:05

Got keymod? :lol:

markm
02-25-14, 14:16
Got keymod? :lol:

I still don't understand it. I'd like to sit down a table full of keymod stuff and play with it for an hour to decide if I like it.

I built an upper with a keymod rail, but there wasn't anything to put on it at the time.

Airhasz
02-25-14, 14:32
Just like the way keymod fits in my hand without rails sticking out at 3,6,and 9. That's the biggest win for me.

T.B.
02-25-14, 14:36
Over on another forum Paul of BCM mentioned possibly having them available in 8 weeks or so. That was a week ago.

Side note. He said panel covers would likely be summer because they are being redesigned.

SilverBullet432
02-25-14, 14:44

"I don't like foregrips, but when I do, they are BCM."

"Stay grippy, my friends..."

C4IGrant
02-25-14, 16:02
I saw this at Shot. Was awesome. Not a VG guy, but this is the best one out there.

C4

Leonidas24
02-25-14, 16:17
I saw this at Shot. Was awesome. Not a VG guy, but this is the best one out there.

C4

I spoke with Eric Kincel about them and even though the concept parts were untextured I knew that it was an awesome piece of kit. I can't wait to get a release model in my hands.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

TXBK
02-25-14, 16:21
It seems to me that a hand stop is more conducive to the overall objective of a keymod rail by being lightweight and low-profile. That's how I plan to start out with it anyway. However, a stubby keymod direct attach BCM VFG would be my next best option.

Dave_M
02-25-14, 22:04
It seems to me that a hand stop is more conducive to the overall objective of a keymod rail by being lightweight and low-profile. That's how I plan to start out with it anyway. However, a stubby keymod direct attach BCM VFG would be my next best option.

Just because a rifle has a keymod does not mean it has to be some convoluted "KISS" rifle. VFG's have some utilitarian use that hand stops lack.

n4p226r
02-26-14, 06:45

i went with a keymod rail because on i've shot a friends ar with quad rail and anthers with the troy tube rail. with multiple surgeries on my right hand i've had discomfort when gripping the larger diameter quad rail. weight savings is a plus, but comfort was my primary goal.

markm
02-26-14, 07:29
Is the point of the keymod to reduce handguard diameter? Or is the attachement method the driver behind this design?

Wolfpack45
02-26-14, 07:57
Is the point of the keymod to reduce handguard diameter? Or is the attachement method the driver behind this design?

Its both. The diameter reduction was first on the scene but all of the initial offerings had no easy and quick way of attaching accessories the way you could attach them to standard quad rails. There was also no standard for attachment. The Keymod system was the answer to both of those, along with the introduction of keymod accessories by many major manufacturers. The keymod system is on its way to becoming as prolific in options as the rail system, espeically with the option of adding small rail sections to keymod rails.

Berserkr556
02-26-14, 08:19
Man that is slick. If I ever get a keymod rail that grip is going on it. I don't see me buying a keymod rail soon. I like the Centurion C4 and really like the Geissele rails.

TXBK
02-26-14, 08:50
Just because a rifle has a keymod does not mean it has to be some convoluted "KISS" rifle. VFG's have some utilitarian use that hand stops lack.

I am not sure how that was taken from my comment. Maybe the improper use of the oxymoron "convoluted KISS" has me thrown off.

markm
02-26-14, 08:55
Man that is slick. If I ever get a keymod rail that grip is going on it. I don't see me buying a keymod rail soon.

Same here. The system would have to be standardized for 5-10 years before I'd spend money on it. I save a lot of money in life by leap frogging GEN's of any given product. Not just the gun realm.

plouffedaddy
02-26-14, 09:06
I like it. Now, I'll just HAVE TO buy one :D

Embedded it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNLE3Wt0qXk

kdcgrohl
02-26-14, 09:20
I believe the point of keymod is to bring about a standardized accessory attachment system for the huge crop of slick rails we've seen pop up in the last few years.

Dave_M
02-26-14, 13:03
I am not sure how that was taken from my comment. Maybe the improper use of the oxymoron "convoluted KISS" has me thrown off.

Notice how 'KISS' was in quotations.

justin_247
02-26-14, 13:09
I believe the point of keymod is to bring about a standardized accessory attachment system for the huge crop of slick rails we've seen pop up in the last few years.

THIS.

Slick rails are nice, but all of them have proprietary hardware and mounts. It's ridiculous. For this reason alone, I hope KeyMod is successful.

markm
02-26-14, 13:27
The keymod was designed at the request of a branch of the mil. I've since asked the big guy behind keymod. Standardizing a new mounting method might be an outcome of the design, but I don't gather that standardization is the root.

tonyxcom
02-26-14, 13:52
..but I don't gather that standardization is the root.

I'll happily take this unintended consequence. It's always appeared as perfect timing to me.

kdcgrohl
02-26-14, 13:55
Me too. Out of curiosity Mark, what branch?

I'll happily take this unintended consequence. It's always appeared as perfect timing to me.

markm
02-26-14, 14:09
I'm assuming it's not a problem for me to repeat this... but the same guys that got the A5 buffer system to be made...

The damned Marines of all things.

ZGXtreme
02-26-14, 14:18
I'm assuming it's not a problem for me to repeat this... but the same guys that got the A5 buffer system to be made...

The damned Marines of all things.

Didn't expect that one. Had been on the fense about a URX 3.1 or a 4. If Amos had anything to do with it, I'll go with 3.1. If not... then I may just have to give it a whirl!

l8apex
04-14-14, 12:43
Apologies for the semi-necro resurrection .........

Any word on availability? Been holding off getting a picatinny adapter for the KeyMod.

Dave_M
04-14-14, 12:49

Any word on availability? Been holding off getting a picatinny adapter for the KeyMod.

Apparently should be soon. I'm running a modded MVG in the interim (have to dremel off 1/2 of one of the nubbins to get it to fit--also most certainly not in the 'easy on/off' category).

aldotheapache
04-14-14, 13:09
Thank you for that, I have been wondering what the deal was with the panel covers.

Over on another forum Paul of BCM mentioned possibly having them available in 8 weeks or so. That was a week ago.

Side note. He said panel covers would likely be summer because they are being redesigned.

jerrysimons
04-14-14, 14:05
I can't imagine a site that sends BCM more business than this one,
why doesn't Paul chime in over here on this kind of stuff?

kdcgrohl
04-14-14, 14:09

I've found that interesting myself, especially considering their member number is 3.

TehLlama
04-14-14, 14:13
THIS.

Slick rails are nice, but all of them have proprietary hardware and mounts. It's ridiculous. For this reason alone, I hope KeyMod is successful.

That's exactly the goal KeyMod intended to deliver on - a slick handguard system with the ability to accept standard accessory mounting for important rifle mounted hardware.

As far as why they're not spending tons of time here discussing products that aren't ready for showtime yet - this site alone probably keeps them backlogged, and the moment something does come we can rest assured that an early adopter will have some fairly extensive review up here within a couple weeks.

Ryno12
04-14-14, 14:13
I'm guessing he's a busy man. ESK & others chime in every so often though.

Sent via Tapatalk

Stickman
04-14-14, 21:58

The largest site sends the most business, it is all about the numbers.

I think Paul and EK stay pretty busy, trying to stay caught up on the forums is asking a lot.

HeliPilot
04-15-14, 01:31
Looking forward to the actual release of this VFG, looks like it'll go well with the KMR that should be headed my way pretty soon. I originally wasn't interested in keymod, but with the release of the BCM KMR and the evolution of direct keymod accessories I'm quickly becoming a fan. On a sidenote, I'm also pleased that BCM is redesigning their keymod panel covers, something about the design just didn't catch my interest.

Iraqgunz
04-15-14, 03:47
Probably because it's more important to run a business and develop new products and sell products than it is to Facebook update everyone. Don't forget that Paul and others also spend time testing stuff to make sure it works which is infinitely more important.

You should see the emails and phone calls that they have to suffer on a daily basis. It's enough to make one ask for a medical marijuana prescription.

Iraqgunz
04-15-14, 03:49
Necro is telling everyone that your lower is in spec after the thread died 4 years ago. Instead of worrying about non-issues I simply put a small KEY MOD section at 6 o'clock and attached my Gunfighter grip.

jaxman7
04-15-14, 04:22
Instead of worrying about non-issues I simply put a small KEY MOD section at 6 o'clock and attached my Gunfighter grip.

Or if he wants to save money until a KM grip is available use a Magpul MOE 5 slot rail section. Used one on my NSR w/a Tango Down stubby for about a year and it worked fine.

-Jax

jerrysimons
04-15-14, 09:13
Probably because it's more important to run a business and develop new products and sell products than it is to Facebook update everyone. Don't forget that Paul and others also spend time testing stuff to make sure it works which is infinitely more important.

You should see the emails and phone calls that they have to suffer on a daily basis. It's enough to make one ask for a medical marijuana prescription.

Lol. I am sure it is.

As far as I see it M4carbine.net are the best forums on the net. As long as Mr. Buffoni is participating on AR forums, I think it should be here:D If it is business sense to post on TOS because of numbers then more money to him! BCM seems to have quite the home here though. Certainly due in large part to his acumen in paying brilliant minds like ESK to come up with solid products like the KMR and this QD direct attach vert grip, not to mention to building stuff right and standing behind it.

markm
04-15-14, 09:29

The fukktards that a gun company draws would be enough for me to turn gay and join Obama in destroying the country.

Eurodriver
04-15-14, 09:33
The fukktards that a gun company draws would be enough for me to turn gay and join Obama in destroying the country.

Sig'd.

BufordTJustice
04-15-14, 10:17
Sig'd.

Ditto. Added to my collection.