PDA

View Full Version : training books

jahwarrior1423
05-22-08, 01:47
Im looking for general "sniper" books that help teach terms, windage, elevation, shooting positions, camouflage etc etc.

Im just looking for books to read so that I get the basic understanding of precision shooting because I'll be taking a class to help improve my skills. And Im a beginner for the curious.

Ive looked up a few books on Amazon but 80% of the books got bad reviews. Hope you guys can help.

telecustom
05-22-08, 15:19
Try "Ultimate Sniper" by John Plaster

You can get it from Paladin Press. There is also a Video that you can get with it. The book is a good general reference and Plaster is a great author.

Also check out "SOG" by John Plaster. It is the true story of American Special Operations in Vietnam. Both great reads.

jahwarrior1423
05-22-08, 15:53
***edit: Just researched the book and it looks like it'll be good for my needs. Thanks***

any other books that explain precision shooting?

Joe Mamma
05-22-08, 17:56
Try "Ultimate Sniper" by John Plaster

You can get it from Paladin Press. There is also a Video that you can get with it. The book is a good general reference and Plaster is a great author.

This is an excellent book and considered to be the bible by many. Keep in mind that there is an older edition that is still out there. But, the newer edition (2006) is the one you want.

Joe Mamma

Dave L.
05-31-08, 14:00
I would take a "basic" course prior to doing everything that book says- you can never get from a book what you can gain from actual experience pulling the trigger.
Plus, you don't want to to have to break a habit after realize you didn't fully grasp a concept.
Just my 2cents.