PDA

View Full Version : GOE Gun Works?

CTI
03-02-14, 02:20
they are a refinishing company that uses duracoat and wanted to see if anyone ever used them and if so how did you like the results?

I came across the website from GOE Gun Works and I checked out their photo gallery of the items they painted and I was impressed with the finished results and the prices weren't bad either. Im sending them my stripped upper, lower, buffer tube castle nut, lock plate, small lower and upper parts that are visible, ect... and they are also gonna give me a can of my paint which is a customer color. I want it to be a little lighter then Magpul FDE. for $189 they are gonna do all that,

just wanted thoughts and really like to hear from anyone who dealt with them

rjacobs
03-02-14, 08:30
no clue on the quality of their work, but that price seems high for duracoat.

I use a local guy for cerakote, which is a better product, and for all that he would charge like $125(50 for the upper, 50 for the lower, and 25 for the small parts). He will do a complete set of furniture for 50, a free float hand guard for 50, barrels are 50.

I checked with a lot of places that do cerakote and all of them were pretty close to that price.

CTI
03-02-14, 10:20
thanks for the info, ill look into cerakote

no clue on the quality of their work, but that price seems high for duracoat.

I use a local guy for cerakote, which is a better product, and for all that he would charge like $125(50 for the upper, 50 for the lower, and 25 for the small parts). He will do a complete set of furniture for 50, a free float hand guard for 50, barrels are 50.

I checked with a lot of places that do cerakote and all of them were pretty close to that price.

discreet
03-02-14, 11:41
Duracoat is seeming less and less popular every day around here. Seems everyone has jumped on the Cerakote train recently.

mastiffhound
03-02-14, 17:07
Yeah I noticed that also, Cerakote seems to be the "soupe du jour" here. It's that way for a good reason though, at least from what I heard and experienced myself. It's tougher than Duracoat for sure. One thing about Duracoat that is nice is you can buy it in an aerosol like spray paint, only it's more wear resistant than run of the mill Krylon. This is the only reason to go with Duracoat CTI. I hope this helps, $189 seems awful high when you can do it yourself with their aerosol kit. I know some people aren't handy with tools or any good at painting, if anyone could do it we wouldn't have gunsmiths or professional painters. I always try my hand at things first though, I'm a mechanic by trade and my surviving brother is a body and paint man. If you're confident you can do it yourself then go for it. If you can't, I think Grant (C4IGrant, G&R Tactical) is doing Ceracoat and he's well trusted and thought of here. I'm sure his prices are competitive too.

CTI
03-15-14, 13:13
Yeah I noticed that also, Cerakote seems to be the "soupe du jour" here. It's that way for a good reason though, at least from what I heard and experienced myself. It's tougher than Duracoat for sure. One thing about Duracoat that is nice is you can buy it in an aerosol like spray paint, only it's more wear resistant than run of the mill Krylon. This is the only reason to go with Duracoat CTI. I hope this helps, $189 seems awful high when you can do it yourself with their aerosol kit. I know some people aren't handy with tools or any good at painting, if anyone could do it we wouldn't have gunsmiths or professional painters. I always try my hand at things first though, I'm a mechanic by trade and my surviving brother is a body and paint man. If you're confident you can do it yourself then go for it. If you can't, I think Grant (C4IGrant, G&R Tactical) is doing Ceracoat and he's well trusted and thought of here. I'm sure his prices are competitive too.

Im actually a professional painter and took over my fathers painting company 13yrs ago so Im certainly used to painting and Im very familiar with they hvlp or airbrush paint sprayers and I already have all the equipment. you guys sold me on cerakote I think, I did some research on it but its hard to tell which is better cause the duracoat websites say they are the best and so does cerakote. Im gonna buy the regular cerakote and use a detailer hvlp spray gun to spray my parts, when I finally finish it which wont be for at least a month or two Ill post back and let you guys know how it went and Ill post pics.