PDA

View Full Version : And the Winner Is

RWH24
03-02-14, 15:53
The young buck looked as if he wanted to play, but those sharp horns could easily have caused some grief.
whoa ...wow ...watch this one

The photographer was as cool a customer as I've ever seen.

"Up Close & Personal"

http://m.koreus.com/video/wapiti-vs-photographe.html

Bulletdog
03-02-14, 16:32
That guy is lucky the elk didn't escalate.

Helping to desensitize a wild animal to people like that is also basically signing its death warrant. Nicest thing a person can do for a wild animal is teach it to be afraid of people and stay far away from them.

Inkslinger
03-02-14, 16:47

Helping to desensitize a wild animal to people like that is also basically signing its death warrant. Nicest thing a person can do for a wild animal is teach it to be afraid of people and stay far away from them.

When I was young, one summer on my grandparents farm there was a whitetail buck that we could call out of the woods. My grandmother would walk out into the field and call, "Bucky Bucky", minutes later there he was. We used to pet it feed it apples. It's was pretty neat. Needless to say we didn't see it the following summer. It probably walked up to a hunter asking to be shot.

montanadave
03-02-14, 16:58
I'll wager that fella had a sore noggin after that little encounter. And he certainly kept his cool when that bull got frisky.

RWH24
03-02-14, 17:34

Could not have said it better.:agree:

3 AE
03-03-14, 07:27
After a few minutes of watching the photographer dickin around, I kept hoping for the buck to nail him good. Minimum, a concussion. Maximum, a collapsed lung. That would teach the National Geographic wanna be a lesson, you wanna play? You're gonna pay!