PDA

View Full Version : Charles Daly M4LE arrived today!!!

Henchman
05-22-08, 20:36
My CD M4LE arrived today and I was very impressed. :D

On inspection of the rifle I found the following:

- Gas key staking is correct and exactly as shown in the pictures posted by Stickman.
- Castle nut staking is correct and matches the pictures posted.
- M4 ramps
- H buffer
- 1 x 7 twist chromed barrel with Nato spelled out in upper and lower case letters.
- 1 30 round magazine with the gray Magpul follower.
- Double heat shield M4 hand guards.
- F marked front sight base with what appear to be taper pins.
- The black finish on the rifle is excellent and very attractive if anyone cares, and the parts seem like they fit:rolleyes:

The only thing that I did not check on was the extractor spring and insert but I will when time permits.

After receiving this rifle I added:

- DD Omega Rail
- DD quick release ambi Sling Thing
- Aimpoint Comp ML 3
- Vltor Mod Stock
- Vltor Scout Mount with a Sure Fire G2
- Ergo Grip
- Vickers sling
- Magpul trigger guard
- Arms 40 BUIS (Hey I had it)

Some of the above listed parts were purchased from Grant @ G&R Tactical and as many know he is a great source for black rifle parts;)

Now to how the CD rifle works: Prior to shooting the rifle was lubed with my wonder lube which is 95% Mobile 1 5W 30 and 5% STP. The rifle was sighted in with irons and the AIM point at 50 yards using XM193 ball and was not tested for accuracy. During sight in there were 0 malfunctions and I was using a USGI 20 magazine that looks like it should be thrown away.

After the rifle was sighted in I shot the following number of rounds using a PMAG 30 to test function and for fun.

- 100 xm193
- 20 Hirtenberger 55 gr
- 60 Brown Bear 62 gr HP
- 50 Wolf Military Classic

Out of 230 rounds there were 0 problems encountered. The bolt carrier and upper were given a quick wipe down with a paper towel and relubed after shooting. I would hope that I am able to get out during the week end and put 500 or so more rounds down the tube. I will post some pictures when I get a chance if I can figure out how.

Henchman

Parabellum9x19mm
05-22-08, 20:41
sounds good!

pix please? :D

BMMC
05-22-08, 21:31
yes, pics please!

Charles Daly
05-22-08, 23:17
Henchman,

Congratulations on your new D-M4LE carbine!

Sincerely,

pdog1517
05-22-08, 23:20
CD is good stuff
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/josh10r/0522082253-1.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/josh10r/CIMG2541.jpg

Charles Daly
05-22-08, 23:39
CD is good stuff...

Sorry for the thread-diversion, but...

Pdog,

Thanks for the plug, but please, if you're going to show that pic I would hope you explain that was one of our pre-production lowers with one type of engraving (there were several) that was not per the actual commercial production. I just don't want people to think what they see there is the final production version.

The final version is that which is shown in Grant's and Stickman's photos.

OK, back to your originally programmed feature...

pdog1517
05-22-08, 23:47

Pdog,

Thanks for the plug, but please, if you're going to show that pic I would hope you explain that was one of our pre-production lowers with one type of engraving (there were several) that was not per the actual commercial production. I just don't want people to think what they see there is the final production version.

Ouch, my bad.

dBA
05-23-08, 00:18
Can someone please list some online dealers who sell the CD rifles?

Charles Daly
05-23-08, 00:27
Can someone please list some online dealers who sell the CD rifles?

www.galleryofguns.com for sure and I did see some on gunbroker.com.

More are being shipped every week. Is there a particular model you're looking for?

dBA
05-23-08, 00:42
www.galleryofguns.com for sure and I did see some on gunbroker.com.

More are being shipped every week. Is there a particular model you're looking for?

Thanks. I'm just trying to get a feel for prices.

Charles Daly
05-23-08, 01:08
Thanks. I'm just trying to get a feel for prices.

I think gunbroker had the D-M4LE at $999 while galleryofguns was more, though they have great service and their own Lifetime Warranty.

Henchman
05-23-08, 08:43
Just as an FYI this is not the first AR that I have owned or used. Thus far my experience has ranged from the Colt 6920 to franken guns. We currentley have some Stag 15's in service with a decent round count, and they have performed very well.

When comparing other brands though CD has brought a rifle to market with outstanding features for the price.

Sandman751
05-23-08, 11:00
Congratulations on your new CD LE M4 Henchman!

I really like what I'm seeing and hearing regarding the Charles Daily LE M4 rifle. This appears to be a great product with excellent attention to QC that are lacking in many production rifles. I see great potential in this rifle as a "service/duty" weapon. I hope law enforcement agencies take a hard look at the CD rifle and get away from these nightmare Bushmasters I've been seeing. I assume you're planning some serious trigger time on that puppy soon.

Enjoy it!

CDDM416
05-23-08, 11:15
congrats on your m4le, i got my m4 the end of last week, i am very pleased with it and i still aint even shot it (due to neck problems), but from what i see, i got everything charles daly said it had.

im already plaining my next one..

Henchman
05-23-08, 11:53
Congratulations on your new CD LE M4 Henchman!

I really like what I'm seeing and hearing regarding the Charles Daily LE M4 rifle. This appears to be a great product with excellent attention to QC that are lacking in many production rifles. I see great potential in this rifle as a "service/duty" weapon. I hope law enforcement agencies take a hard look at the CD rifle and get away from these nightmare Bushmasters I've been seeing. I assume you're planning some serious trigger time on that puppy soon.

Enjoy it!

Time will tell but from what I have seen thus far I agree that they would be a good choice for a duty gun. With the price it will give the individual officer some extra cash for, ammo, quality optics, mounts, lights and training etc.

Sandman751
05-23-08, 15:52
Henchman, you're absolutely right! It looks like Charles Daily is putting out a winner that may give LE agencies a better option for a reliable duty rifle at a reasonable price, which as you stated can free up funds for the agency or individual LEO to purchase other needed items like magazines, slings, weapon mounted lights and even an RDS. Lets not forget training ammo.

kingc
05-24-08, 15:55
Looks like a competent set-up you'll have there.

Henchman
05-24-08, 21:54
Looks like a competent set-up you'll have there.

Thank you. I forgot to add the Magpul trigger gaurd to the list though.

Henchman
05-31-08, 18:37
Finally got to run the CD again today. The only thing to report is that it went for 100 + more trouble free rounds.

* A friend of mine purchased one when I got mine. All of the CD's that I have seen so far are a mirror image of the pictures posted by Stickman.

The second rifle was sighted in today and it ran perfect, shooting some impressive 3 shot groups at 50 yards with open sights. With the sight in 100 or so rounds were fired.

armakraut
05-31-08, 19:20

Pdog,

Just a thought, but how about putting together an M16A4 clone with the right barrel profile/chambering/twist?

Every manufacturer and their brother makes a 20'' 1/9-twist HBAR A2.

As far as I know, you can't get an off-the-shelf A2 or A4 with the correct barrel.