PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Carry Conceal LIcenses have officially been issued.

AlphaKoncepts
03-03-14, 12:18
Reports as early as Saturday is that Illinois Carry Conceal licenses were arriving in the mail. I got mine in the mail today.

History has been made.

Ryno12
03-03-14, 12:24
Congratulations guys!!

Sent via Tapatalk

shaneinhisroom
03-03-14, 17:40
So does this mean one can legally CC in chicago or is chicago kind of like a NYC?

SeriousStudent
03-03-14, 19:37
Congrats, that is great news for you and your family's safety. But just as important, it strikes a very real blow for liberty.

The hard work of so many people is starting to pay off.

AlphaKoncepts
03-04-14, 08:57
So does this mean one can legally CC in chicago or is chicago kind of like a NYC?
You may carry in Chicago. There are some minor temporary additional restrictions, but those restrictions are contrary to the law and will soon be expunged either with a trailer bill or through the judicial process.

How is NYC?

AlphaKoncepts
03-04-14, 08:58
Congrats, that is great news for you and your family's safety. But just as important, it strikes a very real blow for liberty.

The hard work of so many people is starting to pay off.

We are making alot of progress in this country for gun rights, but we sill must stay vigilant and continue to fight.

Ledanek
03-04-14, 10:13
I'm a rifleman and I wish my Right to carry will someday happen.
congrats and stay vigilant.

cwgibson
03-04-14, 10:34
This is very good news, congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HeavyDuty
03-04-14, 22:12
Mine came yesterday. I'm reacquainting myself with carry life.

wingman87
03-04-14, 22:14
Merica!!!

HeavyDuty
03-05-14, 08:02

It's a statewide license - Chicago and Cook County tried to make it more restrictive like the situation in NY state but they weren't able to get the votes. The law includes handgun preemption, but Chicago, Cook and a few other towns are still trying to enforce local ordinances against magazine size and (in the case of Chicago) lasers. I'm sure this will be tested in court before too long, and there are bills in the current session to clarify the preemption extent.

Now we need to work on statewide preemption of long guns...

wicked251
03-05-14, 12:20
I applied for my permit earlier this week. Can't wait!

AlphaKoncepts
03-06-14, 12:05
It's a statewide license - Chicago and Cook County tried to make it more restrictive like the situation in NY state but they weren't able to get the votes. The law includes handgun preemption, but Chicago, Cook and a few other towns are still trying to enforce local ordinances against magazine size and (in the case of Chicago) lasers. I'm sure this will be tested in court before too long, and there are bills in the current session to clarify the preemption extent.

Now we need to work on statewide preemption of long guns... I am 99% off the top of my head that there is currently a trailer bill in the general assembly which will slap Chicago and Cook in the face. Having said that, if the bill doesn't get passed it'll be tested in court. I am urging my students to comply with Chicago law until we see how that works out, knowing it'll take a few years sucks but it is what it is. Some poor soul will find out for us.

We still need to work on alot in this state. The showing at IGOLD yesterday was pretty short. People seem to think we won because we now have concealed carry. We have a bad bill that needs to be fixed. We have alot of anti gun bills in the general assembly currently, including registration. We're not done by a long shot. I think we need to slap alot of illinois gun owners back into reality that we won a major victory but the war for our rights is far from over.

dp13
03-06-14, 14:34
Any news on reciprocity?

HeavyDuty
03-06-14, 21:41
Any news on reciprocity?

No. It's being worked on, but I doubt it will happen for a few years.

AlphaKoncepts
03-07-14, 10:44
No. It's being worked on, but I doubt it will happen for a few years.

Reciprocity? My opinion on the subject, don't hold your breath. If I were to buy my hats in the tin foil aisle of the grocery store, this is what I would come up with:

It's a safe bet to say that Illinois doesn't want us to carry. That's why it was the last bastion of gun grabbers in regards to carrying a concealed firearm. So the powers that be made it as restrictive as possible. They especially do not want out of state residents carrying in Illinois. Just look at what is going on with the out of state resident license process. ONLY Hawaii may apply for an out of state resident concealed carry license. Was this NOT buy design of Mike Madigan? yes it surely was. But what about the vehicle exemption for out of state residents who are legal to carry in their state? Well it is my suspicion that this part of the law was added to protect Illinois from a denial of rights law suit from out of state people wanting to carry in Illinois. Illinois can say, "Look we allow people from some states, Hawaii, to apply. And we allow anyone legal in their state of residence to carry in their vehicle. There is no denial of rights." But we all know that is manure.

T2C
03-29-14, 21:42
Personally, I believe that a valid FOID card should be all that is needed to carry a concealed firearm. Given that is not the case, I am pleased that FCCL cards are being issued to civilians. This should have happened over 20 years ago.

T2C
04-05-14, 17:55
A civilian with a concealed carry license has used a firearm in self defense in the Chicago area.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-cops-no-charges-for-man-with-concealed-carry-permit-who-fired-at-armed-male-20140405,0,2472485.story

Shoulderthinggoesup
04-05-14, 18:37
Congrats everyone! Welcome to free America!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

AlphaKoncepts
04-07-14, 09:18
A civilian with a concealed carry license has used a firearm in self defense in the Chicago area.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-cops-no-charges-for-man-with-concealed-carry-permit-who-fired-at-armed-male-20140405,0,2472485.story

... and we had our first CCL arrest a week earlier. In both cases each man was on his own property and did not need a CCL.

gunrunner505
04-12-14, 18:52
I am 99% off the top of my head that there is currently a trailer bill in the general assembly which will slap Chicago and Cook in the face. Having said that, if the bill doesn't get passed it'll be tested in court. I am urging my students to comply with Chicago law until we see how that works out, knowing it'll take a few years sucks but it is what it is. Some poor soul will find out for us.

We still need to work on alot in this state. The showing at IGOLD yesterday was pretty short. People seem to think we won because we now have concealed carry. We have a bad bill that needs to be fixed. We have alot of anti gun bills in the general assembly currently, including registration. We're not done by a long shot. I think we need to slap alot of illinois gun owners back into reality that we won a major victory but the war for our rights is far from over.

CGS, I was under the impression the AWB in Crook and Chiraq was dumped with the adoption of concealed carry and preemtion. There was a big push by local dems to convince towns to enact an AWB as the carry law only gave them a short time to add one or they wouldn't be able to, ever. Only a few towns added one. Or was there a double deal special for Crook and Chi? I can't find anything on it of course.....

Bret
02-26-15, 22:46
Just to be clear, are there now any pistol magazine restrictions in Illinois? Specifically, I need to know about Skokie, IL.

Korgs130
03-02-15, 13:02
Just to be clear, are there now any pistol magazine restrictions in Illinois? Specifically, I need to know about Skokie, IL.

If you are an IL CCW holder and are carrying then no. If you are not an IL CCW holder then all magazine & weapons restrictions apply.

Bret
03-02-15, 15:52
If you are an IL CCW holder and are carrying then no.
Thanks for your input. I need to be a little clearer. I need to know if it's legal for someone in IL to purchase a 30rd pistol magazine. Is it legal to purchase one without a CCW or is a CCW required?

Korgs130
03-02-15, 16:23
Thanks for your input. I need to be a little clearer. I need to know if it's legal for someone in IL to purchase a 30rd pistol magazine. Is it legal to purchase one without a CCW or is a CCW required?

In Illinois yes anyone can purchase a 30rd pistol mag, BUT individual communities and counties have limits which make it super confusing. Skokie is in Cook County and they have a mag capacity limit of 10 rds so I would say that it is against the law to buy/sell a 30 pistol mag in Skokie. But with an IL CCW an individual who lives in Skokie can purchase one else where and legally possess it in Cook County. Does this help at all?

I work in Cook County and they are totally jacked up. With my CCW I can carry my Glock 19 with 15rd mags or 30rd mags for that matter, but with out my CCW if I have that same pistol and mag unloaded and locked in a lock box I would be in possession of an illegal assault weapon and illegal hi-capacity magazines.

Bret
03-02-15, 22:18
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I really feel for you guys.

.46caliber
03-02-15, 23:49
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I really feel for you guys.

Now ask them about a FOID card.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Bret
03-03-15, 07:48
I sent him an email last night basically stating that I wouldn't be able to send him the magazine unless he could positively show that it would be legal for him to own. He responded by sending me his dealers FFL to send it to and also said that he understood my concern. That's good with me. The dealer can handle the legalities.

AlphaKoncepts
09-10-15, 19:27
I sent him an email last night basically stating that I wouldn't be able to send him the magazine unless he could positively show that it would be legal for him to own. He responded by sending me his dealers FFL to send it to and also said that he understood my concern. That's good with me. The dealer can handle the legalities.Sucks to live in IL.