PDA

View Full Version : apex polymer trigger help

straterman
03-03-14, 13:20
Hello i have m&p with apex dcaek and it feels perfect the other day i installed the polymer trigger i didnt use the hevier sear spring because i wanted the same pull . Now after installing the trigger it feels like itadded a few extra pounds to the trigger what could this be i cant figure out why the trigger would add the extra pounds. Thank you

Avedis
03-03-14, 13:58
Reinstall the factory trigger return spring and itl lighten things up.

straterman
03-03-14, 14:07
Iam using the factory trigger return spring. I didnt change anything except the trigger when i did the install but why did the pull increase?

RWH24
03-03-14, 14:39
The APEX trigger return spring is heavier than the stock spring to bring the lightened trigger pull back up to 5-5.5lbs.

straterman
03-03-14, 14:43
Im using the factory oem trigger return spring and the sear spring from the dcaek . I did not change out any springs only the polymer trigger thanks for helping im pretty lost on this one

USA
03-03-14, 14:56
How do you know it is heavier? Are you using a trigger gauge? On my M&P with DCAEK and AEK polymer trigger with stock trigger return and sear spring, the trigger pull measures out to 4.5 pounds.

Randy Lee
03-03-14, 15:27
Hi,

Can you tell me at what point does the trigger release the striker? The trigger pull weight should not increase with the installation of the trigger. But depending on what trigger bar is present in your gun, there may not be enough overtravel. If the striker releases when the trigger is nearly pinned to the rear of the travel, it may be that the polymer trigger is compressing against the back of the frame- thus adding weight. This can be corrected by opening the loop as seen in the AET trigger adjustment video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ncsSfXQDc&feature=youtu.be

Let me know what you find, or feel free to give us a call at the shop- 805.528.5250

-Randy

straterman
03-03-14, 16:10
Thank you i knew it was going to be something dumb like that i opened the loop and its much better i think i opened a bit too much the reset is pretty far forward thank you for the help

Randy Lee
03-03-14, 16:50
Glad I could help!

-Randy

steve462x0
03-21-14, 10:55
I installed a APEX poly trigger in my 40c, it dry fired fine when I went to the range yesterday I was having a random dead trigger issue. I did not have to adjust it when I installed it but I must have needed to. So when I got home yesterday I took it apart again and measured the loop it was .009, so I opened it up to .017. I went back to the range today and had no issues with dead trigger for the 50rounds I fired, so that must have taken care of it.

steve462x0
04-09-14, 13:42
FSS kit in my CORE 9 is outstanding also. Can't wait to get a RAM for this, and the release of a RAM for TS models. Oh yah and going to order striker blocks for my Glocks from APEX. If you haven't tried their Armorers Block yet you are missing out.