PDA

View Full Version : MAIG trying to ban gun related users on facebook

THCDDM4
03-04-14, 17:49
http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=7b69d67922f8e32ca499bb6b7&id=a97f17c5ee&e=7499765253

Mothers against illegal guns (Like there are any moms FOR illegal guns?) Is trying to force Facebook from allowing gun related content.

Not only are they going after 2A with this but 1A.

Just thought you all should k ow; seeing as these types of social networks are powerful tools (I'm sure that's why MAIG is trying to limit the freedom of speech of the pro gun community) we should be vocal about this.

Anti gunners are such slime...

Ledanek
03-04-14, 18:05
sign and share this petition (https://www.change.org/petitions/facebook-we-would-like-to-ask-you-to-continue-your-current-rules-on-pages-allowed-on-facebook-especially-those-that-are-centered-around-firearm-enthusiasts)
https://www.change.org/petitions/facebook-we-would-like-to-ask-you-to-continue-your-current-rules-on-pages-allowed-on-facebook-especially-those-that-are-centered-around-firearm-enthusiasts

SteyrAUG
03-04-14, 18:05
I love how they insinuate that all the firearms on FB must be illegal.

Ledanek
03-04-14, 20:10
here's a list of the 30 biggest advertisers on Facebook. (http://www.businessinsider.com/the-30-biggest-advertisers-on-facebook-2012-9#30-ford-defended-facebook-when-general-motors-pulled-its-10-million-ad-budget-before-the-facebook-ipo-1)

paste the companies that you intend to boycott if Facebook decides to ban weapon-related pages when you sign the petition.

Zynga
FAB.COM
Electronic Arts
Protor and Gamble
AT&T
American Express
Experian
Groupon
Walmart
Microsoft
Google
Verizon
Ebay
Unilever
Nestle
Samsung
Dell
Disney
L'Oreal
Starbucks
Citi
JPMorgan Chase
Turner/CBS/TBS/TNT
Nike
Mastercard
Visa
McDonald
Anheuser-Busch Inbev
HSBC
Ford

HD1911
03-04-14, 20:16
Signed. Will share with others. Thanks

Belmont31R
03-04-14, 20:18
No 1A or 2A on someone else's website.

HKGuns
03-04-14, 20:28
Ha! Let them have it....I don't do facebook.:cool:

thopkins22
03-04-14, 20:28
No 1A or 2A on someone else's website.

Agreed. But on the flip side, the petition isn't threatening legal action. It's simply a statement that you would like their policies to remain the same. Or that you might boycott their advertisers should they give in to MAIG.

Fortunately, Facebook isn't about to even consider this bullshit. Not for one second. MAIG is irrelevant.

RST Customer Rep
03-04-14, 20:33
Signed and posted to FB.

SpeedRacer
03-04-14, 20:40
To be fair, I did a bit of research on this (I manage several firearms related FB accounts so it freaked me out) and nothing I've seen says anyone is going after all gun-related pages on FB. They only want to shut down the gun trader Groups on FB, not company or fan pages.

Obviously this is still bothersome and I'd certainly recommend taking action, I just find it annoying that it's being sensationalized with misleading articles and taglines.

TriviaMonster
03-04-14, 21:02
I'm 26 and have never had a Facebook. In fact, I don't really have any social media accounts besides here and a couple forums. Nor do I post pics of anything of mine. Shoot, I use a Miami IP half the time when I'm not mobile.

But this still peeves me. Then again, people who bully people with guns are about as stupid as it gets. Why don't the liberals focus on the real problem child, the Constitution. Get rid of that old rag and rape America all you please.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Belmont31R
03-04-14, 21:11
I'm 26 and have never had a Facebook. In fact, I don't really have any social media accounts besides here and a couple forums. Nor do I post pics of anything of mine. Shoot, I use a Miami IP half the time when I'm not mobile.

But this still peeves me. Then again, people who bully people with guns are about as stupid as it gets. Why don't the liberals focus on the real problem child, the Constitution. Get rid of that old rag and rape America all you please.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Doesn't mean that much these days if you understand how things work, and how far internet ads will go to make money. If anon people can get caught the rest of us can maybe hope to avoid annoying ads with ad block plus in chrome.

_Stormin_
03-04-14, 21:41
No, you have to remember they're "all for the rights of sportsmen." These are just people upset about illegal guns.

Last I checked, they're also hellbent on making a majority of legal guns illegal, but I'm sure we are just reading to much into it...

:rollseyes:

Moose-Knuckle
03-06-14, 18:16
Facebook and Instagram to Begin Deleting Illegal Gun Sales Posts

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/facebook-instagram-to-begin-deleting-illegal-gun-sales-78661808683.html

:rolleyes:

Belmont31R
03-06-14, 18:30
Facebook and Instagram to Begin Deleting Illegal Gun Sales Posts

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/facebook-instagram-to-begin-deleting-illegal-gun-sales-78661808683.html

:rolleyes:

Craigslist doesn't allow it at all and it's still something I use for other stuff. FB has had way worse reasons for not using it than this. I deleted my account last year and have no regrets about it.

Safetyhit
03-06-14, 21:29
Craigslist doesn't allow it at all and it's still something I use for other stuff. FB has had way worse reasons for not using it than this. I deleted my account last year and have no regrets about it.

I hear you brother. Canceled mine almost two years ago and don't miss it even a little bit. Just got rid of my LinkedIn as well. Were too many friend invites from people I don't know looking to pad their numbers and never generated a dime of business from it. Just more distracting BS, at least in my case anyway.

kwelz
03-07-14, 07:36
Yeah their response ended up being pretty much "Don't do illegal shit"
Solidly a win for us I would say.

discreet
03-07-14, 12:56
http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=7b69d67922f8e32ca499bb6b7&id=a97f17c5ee&e=7499765253

Mothers against illegal guns (Like there are any moms FOR illegal guns?) Is trying to force Facebook from allowing gun related content.

Not only are they going after 2A with this but 1A.

Just thought you all should k ow; seeing as these types of social networks are powerful tools (I'm sure that's why MAIG is trying to limit the freedom of speech of the pro gun community) we should be vocal about this.

Anti gunners are such slime...

Facebook is a privately owned company... there is no such thing as first or second amendment on there, just like there is no 1st amendment here. You can't come to m4carbine and just say or do whatever you want. Private places have every right toput up whatever rules they feel like.

Just like a dating site that doesn't cater to the gay/lesbian crowd... it's their choice and nothing anyone else can do (well asides sue them due to butthurtness).

thopkins22
03-07-14, 13:07
Yeah their response ended up being pretty much "Don't do illegal shit"
Solidly a win for us I would say.

Yep. The policy to be be implemented is actually quite reasonable. They didn't even say you can't advertise guns for sale much less gun related content, but that you couldn't blatantly state you would sell them to californians or whatever. Or advertise that it was for sale without a background check. Really kind of a decent position...I hope people can be more adult about it than they were Starbucks and the position they used to assume.

Presumably(and unfortunately) retards will "educate" and polarize more of the population that currently doesn't care.