PDA

View Full Version : TRUE DETECTIVE--thoughts?

The Dumb Gun Collector
03-04-14, 18:06
Hey guys,

A little late, anybody have any thoughts on what the big season finale is? Sadly, I suspect it is just going to be redneck perverts. But I am holding out hope that it will be a big Cthulhu monster in a pit.

rdbse
03-04-14, 19:23
Great show. First TV show I've EVER followed. I grew up in New Orleans so a lot of the scenes/film locations are familiar (NORCO spillway, back highway scenes, Tuttle mansion, etc).

I am really hoping the last episode is not disappointing since the entire season has been awesome. I have my predictions but hope I'm surprised next Sunday.

TurretGunner
03-04-14, 20:03
One of the best shows on TV right now. Much more cerebral the most of the garbage out there.

sadmin
03-04-14, 20:42
Fantastic show. T-Bone's scoring is awesome too. They have a lot to wrap up in one episode, I hope they provide some closure. There are rarely times I could smile for an hour at someone's slow death then with a murdering pedophile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

montanadave
03-04-14, 20:44
Had an email from my nephew just last week saying I needed to get into the show. I don't have HBO but I'm gonna check it out as soon as it becomes available on Amazon Prime or Netflix.

Meanwhile, I bought a copy of Robert Chamber's The King in Yellow.

fourXfour
03-04-14, 21:14
Awesome show. I may need to re watch the first couple episodes before the finale.

I heard some talk about "season 2." I'm curious if they will keep the same actors or have a completely different cast each season. I haven't read the book(s?), are there more adventures for these two?

sadmin
03-04-14, 21:22
no, this season is loosely based on The King in Yellow as mentioned by montanadave and I read Twin Peaks played into the "style" of the direction. McCau. stated he will not be on for a 2nd season should there be one.
The 3rd season of The Killing that was on AMC was really well written I thought.. just FYI if your looking for something to pass the time on Netflix

fourXfour
03-04-14, 21:26
no, this season is loosely based on The King in Yellow as mentioned by montanadave and I read Twin Peaks played into the "style" of the direction. McCau. stated he will not be on for a 2nd season should there be one.
The 3rd season of The Killing that was on AMC was really well written I thought.. just FYI if your looking for something to pass the time on Netflix

You are correct. Looks like an anthology with a female lead.

http://m.rollingstone.com/movies/news/matthew-mcconaughey-not-returning-for-season-2-of-true-detective-20140303

The 4th season of the Killing is going to be a netflix exclusive. My wife is a big fan.

http://tvline.com/2013/11/15/netflix-the-killing-season-4-cancelled-amc/

Iraqgunz
03-04-14, 22:58
I think it's pretty decent and I regret missing some episodes.

St.Michael
03-05-14, 22:33
Well this sucks. So thats that after this season?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

munch520
03-06-14, 07:37
One of the best shows on TV right now. Much more cerebral the most of the garbage out there.

Yeah I'd go with THE best. Really enjoy it, I've watched every episode twice and always pick up something new. There's quite a following online too that dives further into meanings/symbolism which is kinda neat.

Meanwhile my wife has the Kardashians on in the other room. Kill me now

streck
03-06-14, 08:29
We started watching True Detective and have seen 3 episodes on demand. I am still trying to get a feel for it.

sadmin
03-06-14, 09:27
*******SPOILER ALERT********************
Stop reading if you arent caught up on the episodes

Does anyone find that there was significance in Rust saying "I hope shes wrong about this not being the end" when he speaks with the ex-Tuttle servant?
They make multiple references about how bad he looks and there is such an emphasis on this smoking habit. He also stated he had to do this before something else occurs.
I wonder if he has cancer or knows his demise is approaching. He once said he lacked the constitution for suicide, but that was the only reason he was alive still.

Also, I'll be pissed if they don't explain what happened to Marty's daughter since it seems apparent she was exposed to the rituals in some manner... Unless the writer is just emphasizing the harm put on women by men.

Belmont31R
03-06-14, 09:37
Those of you with HBO on a cable subscription should be able to get on HBO Go and all the episodes are there on demand.

_Stormin_
03-06-14, 09:40
I'll have to check this out once it hits Amzn or Netflix...

Voodoo_Man
03-06-14, 09:58
I am really enjoying it.

Phillygunguy
03-07-14, 23:22
I'm a fan. never thought I'd like something with Matthew Mcconaughey but he really comes though in this role.

HighSpeedDreams
03-08-14, 12:34
I'm hooked. Truly fantastic show.

St.Michael
03-08-14, 12:48
I feel like this show is a decent game changer for recent shows. Mathew's character is great.

Phillygunguy
03-09-14, 15:12
I feel like this show is a decent game changer for recent shows. Mathew's character is great.

Yeah I wish he was going to be on for more than just one season.
this is with out a doubt one of my favorite shows

St.Michael
03-10-14, 10:32
Amazing ending.

streck
03-10-14, 10:48
The finale was excellent for about 45 minutes....The ending was an uncreative way to just end the show.....

"Light is winning....." :suicide:

sadmin
03-10-14, 15:47
***spoiler alert***

I think it ended great. Rarely do you see true character development in tv, mostly some last episode twist. Cohles character grew. Not saying he found religion although that would be nice; but his nihilistic/pessimistic/ready to die outlook evolved into something else. Just my take. Nothing is more basic than that light vs dark and nothing was more debased than the actions by Errol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Voodoo_Man
03-10-14, 18:52
Next season should be the two black detectives and their end of this, before they got on this, during and after.

Third season season should be from the point of the the evil scarface dude.

Excellent ending, have not been so pleased with a show for some time.

St.Michael
03-10-14, 21:12
Yeah. Last amazing show that bombed the ending was dexter. I really kinda wish they were continuing their story. Also very impressed the amount of stuff they covered in one season

The Dumb Gun Collector
03-10-14, 23:40
I was happy with it. I really expected it to stink because they had built it up so much. I was glad they didn't kill off the main characters and I am glad Marty's daughter/family wasn't involved in any way. That would have been absurd.

I was very happy that the supernatural was at least hinted at.

OldState
03-11-14, 00:52
"Binged" watched this Sun and Mon nights. Probably one of the best series I have ever seen and right up my ally. I love the dark heavy stuff.

The ending though seemed rushed and very unlike the rest of the series.

I really miss Deadwood:(

St.Michael
03-11-14, 00:55
Been meaning to get dead wood

TurretGunner
03-11-14, 17:30
"Binged" watched this Sun and Mon nights. Probably one of the best series I have ever seen and right up my ally. I love the dark heavy stuff.

The ending though seemed rushed and very unlike the rest of the series.

I really miss Deadwood:(

I couldn't agree more C**KSUCKER!

OldState
03-11-14, 18:36
I couldn't agree more C**KSUCKER!

My favorite scene from Deadwood

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LBMsXcSTi4s