PDA

View Full Version : NEW Noveske Black Nitride BCG

Toddler
03-05-14, 12:17
Just saw where Noveske has released new BCG in black nitride. It is available in both FA and low mass for $275.

Toddler
03-05-14, 12:21
They are made by RCA(Rubber City Armory).

StevieJ309
03-05-14, 12:27
Low Mass is $275 and FA is $225.

markm
03-05-14, 12:27
People will pay for that logo on ANYTHING. :sarcastic:

Slippers
03-05-14, 13:26
I will never buy something made by RCA after seeing some of their customer service shenanigans.

_Stormin_
03-05-14, 14:08

$189 from RCA, or twenty percent premium for a croix pattée on it.

jerrysimons
03-05-14, 14:12
WTF?
I distinctly remember John Noveske commenting on this topic in the interview Stickman did with him in Recoil mag issue 4, pg 130:
"There are a lot of coatings and finishes available for BCGs, so after the 'transition to 240' comment, we asked John if he used any magic or fancy coatings on his personal gun. He laughed, saying 'Yes, fancy magical military parkerizing--feel free to quote me on that.' He added that all they used were Mil-spec M16 BCGs, and they worked well."

Surprise #1 considering the above: nitrided BCGs.
Surprise #2 considering the long thread here: RCA

Not sure I like the direction Noveske is going (come from some with 3 Noveske rifles); first billet receivers and now RCA BCGs?

cwgibson
03-05-14, 14:41

This is true. I saw an auction on eBay where one of their noveske marked buis from Troy sold for $400.

kdcgrohl
03-05-14, 14:43
Not sure I like the direction Noveske is going (come from some with 3 Noveske rifles); first billet receivers and now RCA BCGs?

I came in here to post exactly this. (only 2 rifles here though).

Toddler
03-05-14, 14:54
WTF?
I distinctly remember John Noveske commenting on this topic in the interview Stickman did with him in Recoil mag issue 4, pg 130:
"There are a lot of coatings and finishes available for BCGs, so after the 'transition to 240' comment, we asked John if he used any magic or fancy coatings on his personal gun. He laughed, saying 'Yes, fancy magical military parkerizing--feel free to quote me on that.' He added that all they used were Mil-spec M16 BCGs, and they worked well."

I remember the article in Recoil so I to was surprised to see these.

JBecker 72
03-05-14, 14:58
Sad state of affairs we are in boys, M16 BCG's are selling for $225 and up.

I miss the $130 BCM BCG days.

Brahmzy
03-05-14, 15:03
FYI, John is no longer with us.
This is the new Noveske.
The industry does evolve and so do it's customers.
If you don't evolve with them, you won't have anymore customers.
Not everything will be ran the same way the founder would run them - fact of life. I expect further changes in the future.
Not necessarily condoning these BCGs, FYI.
What I'm wondering about is what will the innovation be at Noveske without John. Noveske barrels, in their day, were revolutionary. The NSR was a revolutionary design and kickstarted the whole Keymod thing.
Will anything else that comes out of GP, OR continue to revolutionize?

mtdawg169
03-05-14, 16:04
I just hope Noveske is performing in house QC on these.

Switch
03-05-14, 16:08
I seen these after someone posted them in the where can I get it thread and wondered why they cost so much, crazy how much a logo jacks up the price.

JBecker 72
03-05-14, 16:09
I seen these after someone posted them in the where can I get it thread and wondered why they cost so much, crazy how much a logo jacks up the price.

High fashion! ;)

soulezoo
03-05-14, 16:17
I have a Noveske hat I'll let go for $400....

I'm keeping the Reece though.

Joe Mamma
03-05-14, 16:28
I will never buy something made by RCA after seeing some of their customer service shenanigans.

I agree 100%. But I would consider buying a nitrided bolt carrier group from other companies.

Joe Mamma

BOSAR15
03-05-14, 19:25
I trust their product. I won't buy a spoon though

mastiffhound
03-05-14, 19:28
Wow, just wow. I almost made a visit to RCA a few months ago on a trip but couldn't find the time. I read far too many bad experiences with them and couldn't see wasting my time when known and respected manufacturers were getting BCGs back in stock. These weren't described as just growing pain problems as every company has them either. Lots of angry and ignored customers concerning defects, bad staking, and some other things that slip my mind right now. Noveske went with them? Maybe they fixed the problems they were having, I guess we'll see.

BOSAR15
03-05-14, 19:32
They did get some bad press. I ran an RCA in my 300 blkout and it was flawless. The quality of it was pretty good. It seemed to run smoother than the nickel ones I've had.

ScatmanCrothers
03-05-14, 20:26
WTF?

What exactly are the issues with the RCA bcg itself, customer service from RCA aside? As someone that's been purposely running the ever loving shit out of one for 14 months I'm interested to hear. Also curious what issues you think their theoretically inferior billet receivers are in line to cause.

But... I don't like Noveske's "trademark and mark up" trend that folks are creaming themselves over. I bought a couple of the Noveske marked TTI pmag extensions when I was getting some things for my NSR the other day and I gave myself a roll of the eyes for doing so. Would have bought directly from TTI if I wasn't buying accessories from Noveske's site. That aside, they are so simple and effective. Digging my 46rd pmags.

Koshinn
03-05-14, 20:27
So maybe it doesn't matter so much who they get their product from but rather that the product is QC'd to meet the specs Noveske set down before they sell it?

Isn't that what everyone says about BCM barrels, BCGs, and other components? About Colt parts? About pretty much everything in this industry?

scouts out
03-05-14, 20:36
But they're really pretty!!!

BOSAR15
03-05-14, 20:38
It's the black rifle sickness

jerrysimons
03-05-14, 21:14
So maybe it doesn't matter so much who they get their product from but rather that the product is QC'd to meet the specs Noveske set down before they sell it?

Isn't that what everyone says about BCM barrels, BCGs, and other components? About Colt parts? About pretty much everything in this industry?

True, I would hope they are doing their own QC.

Last I checked, RCA was batch testing the MPI on their bolts and didn't bother with HPT (FWIW, whatever your thought on HPT bolts is). I kept my RCA bolt carrier but sold off the bolt. As much I appreciate the late John Noveske's sensibilities, I like the idea of a nitrided carrier, it is the quality component that is concerning.

jmk
03-05-14, 21:52
FYI, John is no longer with us.
This is the new Noveske.
The industry does evolve and so do it's customers.
If you don't evolve with them, you won't have anymore customers.
Not everything will be ran the same way the founder would run them - fact of life.

brilliant.

Stickman
03-06-14, 00:06
WTF?

I have that interview taped, and listen to it from time to time. We had a lot of fun on that interview, and there is a lot in that article which didn't end up in print. I can throw the BS flag on John being against billet receivers, after all, what was the MUR?

Regarding the BCG, I don't think John would have really cared one way or another. If people really wanted a treatment on a BCG, and the BCG was GTG, I don't think he would have cared. He did a run of Cerakoted weapons, as well as having used Magpul billet lowers. They weren't part of the standard lineup, but they were sold from time to time.

Lastly, who do you think ran the day to day operations at the Noveske shop? It was Sheri, she is still there, and she is still the filter for things.

After being part of the industry for long enough, you hear who is not making payments, who is screwing people, and who is reducing quality to save money. I'm not worried at all about Noveske, but I do wonder how some of these others stay in business and out of jail.

hotbiggun42
03-06-14, 00:29

It would look great in my N4. I wish I would have bought one of those assault hammers.

discreet
03-06-14, 02:10

IMO the extra cost is worth it if your set on a RCA BCG and don't want to deal with the **** tards at RCA. At least this way you can waste your money and when you have issues have as little headache as possible.

jerrysimons
03-06-14, 11:16
I have that interview taped, and listen to it from time to time. We had a lot of fun on that interview, and there is a lot in that article which didn't end up in print. I can throw the BS flag on John being against billet receivers, after all, what was the MUR?

Regarding the BCG, I don't think John would have really cared one way or another. If people really wanted a treatment on a BCG, and the BCG was GTG, I don't think he would have cared. He did a run of Cerakoted weapons, as well as having used Magpul billet lowers. They weren't part of the standard lineup, but they were sold from time to time.

Lastly, who do you think ran the day to day operations at the Noveske shop? It was Sheri, she is still there, and she is still the filter for things.

After being part of the industry for long enough, you hear who is not making payments, who is screwing people, and who is reducing quality to save money. I'm not worried at all about Noveske, but I do wonder how some of these others stay in business and out of jail.

Thanks Stick, you would know.

It is the GTG part of the RCA BCG is what has peaked my concern ( I like the idea of a nitrided carrier).

I love Noveske and have a crap ton of money tied up in their products. My Noveske rifles are my most prized possessions and tools. Part of the reason why are the forged flared lower and the forged MUR of the Gen2s. I am disappointed to see these go more than I meant to imply Mr. Noveske would not approve of billet. I really appreciate his decision to source special forgings just for his flared lower design :cool:

While I am still suspect of RCA, the anger in my post it is really more a matter of disappointment and wishing John Noveske was still with us.

Stickman
03-06-14, 11:53
the anger in my post it is really more a matter of disappointment and wishing John Noveske was still with us.

I get that way myself at times. Its all good.

Koshinn
03-06-14, 11:56
Has Noveske's focus shifted to competition and hunting? Has that always been the focus of the company?

discreet
03-06-14, 12:10
Has Noveske's focus shifted to competition and hunting? Has that always been the focus of the company?
They have had a solid 3g team for awhile.

Hunting on the other hand huh???? I don't think I've ever actually seen Noveske rifles and Hunting go into the same sentence in a serious convo.

Hunting is more Wilson Combats ordeal with their array of calibers.

Toddler
03-06-14, 14:42
My Noveske gets used for hunting quite a bit, but I don't hunt big game on the farm. I also don't have an operator bone in my body and don't compete.

jcalvert86
03-06-14, 16:01
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMBCGV2&name=AIM+BLACK+NITRIDE+.223%2f5.56+AR%2fM16+Bolt+Carrier+Group&groupid=723

Toddler
03-06-14, 18:49
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMBCGV2&name=AIM+BLACK+NITRIDE+.223%2f5.56+AR%2fM16+Bolt+Carrier+Group&groupid=723
At that price it must only be half as good. Gotta love Aim.

evi1joe
03-07-14, 03:55
I really want a black-nitride CARRIER (no bolt), but I heard too many bad things about RCA, and don't want to pay the Noveske prices (unless I know they were spec'ing the RCAs and testing/checking them).

I've thought about the AIM ones, but man--I have NO idea who makes them or whether they're quality items or some piece that's been made on the cheap and had logos planted on it for tons of places from AIM to JoeBobs to Rainier, etc.

Toddler
03-07-14, 04:11
I've read some stuff where people have had issues with the RCA bolt and head space, and RCA's customer service. I'd assume that even though the Noveske one is made by RCA that you'd get Noveske's customer service which is great and quality control. It kinda catches you off guard to see a company like Noveske with great customer service doing business with a company like RCA, who's reputation for customer service is less than desirable.

Deadwing
03-07-14, 05:41
I've read all the horror stories about RCA's customer service. In my dealing with them, i haven't personally experienced any of the negatives. My RCA BCG came with a bolt that had headspace issues in every gun i tested it in. I sent RCA an email, and within a few hours had a reply telling me to send it back for replacement. Less than a week after sending my defective bolt back, i received a replacement bolt along with a hand-written note from Chris Cerino apologizing for the inconvenience, and he sent me a second bolt for my troubles. Both the replacement and spare bolts that i received fit and function perfectly.

So as far as the quality of RCA's product is concerned, they are capable of turning out top quality stuff, despite having sent out some less than stellar product. The carrier itself, on the other hand, has been flawless from day one. My RCA carrier has the gas key staked on top (which has raised the ire of more than a few people), and it runs like a champ and shows no signs of any problems.

At this point, i have no reason to believe that Noveske would put their name on anything but top quality stuff. Given their sterling reputation for putting out a premium product and for customer service excellence, i'd be willing to bet that Noveske would be the first one to kick ass and take names should anything with their name on it not pass muster.

S&W MP15T
03-07-14, 10:06
I have a RCA BCG in my S&W MP15T. Runs fine as far as I can tell. It's a lot easier to clean than a Mil-Spec parkerized BCG.

ScatmanCrothers
03-07-14, 10:50
My RCA (with the dreaded Nitrided bolt still intact) is closing in on 4000rds and in my mind just as reliable as my BCMs and YM. Of course Colt ran these to 4000rds without issue so what I've done isn't some grand accomplishment but it should see just as many rounds this year as it did last year giving a better idea of what its made of. Looking back I'd have liked to do a side by side comparison with an established BCG but the funds weren't there for that kind of round count. Of course I'm probably just emotionally invested in my purchase and this is a moot point but the things held up so far.

kpinole
03-12-14, 13:43
Looks like these got removed from Noveske's site...

Armadillo
03-12-14, 23:16
Looks like these got removed from Noveske's site...

Maybe they sold out.