PDA

View Full Version : LMT + IOR + Larue

theJanitor
05-23-08, 11:49
Here's the latest evolutionary step of an earlier build. LMT upper and lower, Larue 9.0, FUG, and SPR-E, IOR 1.1x4.

the scope is clear and fast to acquire and ROBUST. i have an IOR 2.5x10 on my 300WM PSS and it's a brute of a scope. i knew this one was gonna be built tough. thanks to Cameron for pointing me in the right direction with the IOR.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/grandprixboy/a-IMG_7869.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/grandprixboy/a-IMG_7868.jpg

it's starting to get a little heavy though. my other lmt with just an omega rail and a ML3 seems like half the weight.

Kent

Warrior
05-23-08, 12:44
Yea it starts getting heavy with the quality variable power scopes. I've had the IOR 1-4x for a couple months and like it alot, the reticle is great IMO except it washes out way to easy, not enough brightness for me. other than that it's a very good scope, excellent glass. Thats a good lookin blaster sir

Cameron
05-23-08, 22:26
Janitor that looks great!

I was at the range today shooting mine and I love the setup of the IOR on a midlength, I think that mine is a little lighter in the front as the Daniel Defense upper has a tapered barrel and the rail is a little lighter to., (a buddy has a Larue upper same as you and we were comparing the weight).

I have had good luck with the IOR on my FAL and the SPR so i am sure you will like it too, wait until you can get to a 600-700 yard range and try the BDC!!

Warrior, remember that the IOR illumination is for low light use, it is not a red dot sight and the low level of illumination is excellent in low light I usually run mine on the lowest setting, no point turning the illumination on during the daylight or bright indoors.

Cameron

Warrior
05-23-08, 22:47
Your right it is excellent in low light. I wasn't aware that was the deseign, I got it in a trade NIB and took it for a short dot type of alternative. i have it on a Recce and like i said I love it, the reticle is great.

theJanitor
05-23-08, 23:15
thanks guys! i think it came out pretty well.

cameron, we might be close in the weight. it's a 14.5 M4 barrel (not the socom contour). yours is a 16" right

Cameron
05-23-08, 23:33
You are right, and my rails are 3" longer so they are probably close, you know what this means then right?

You have to hit the gym more! :D

Awesome looking rifle, make sure you post a range report.