PDA

View Full Version : SBR Route

Tactical Wobble
03-07-14, 14:52
Hey there operators, so in "celebration" of the recent SBR bill passed in WA state I was debating between a MK18 clone or a Scar L for a SBR build. It will be accompanied by a suppressor and all them cool tactical operator cup holders. I figure the Scar would run a lot cleaner vs the AR, other than that is there anything i should consider (recoil impulse, coolness factor, parts wear, etc) before making a jump? Your guy's 2cents would be much appreciated here.

Tactical Wobble
03-07-14, 14:55
Whoops, thought i was in NFA. Could a mod move pls?

Thanks!

223to45
03-07-14, 15:35
Hey there operators, so in "celebration" of the recent SBR bill passed in WA state .

WHAT?? It passed?? Have heard yet. Has it been signed ??

jpeezy
03-07-14, 16:59
If your primary concern is coolness a SBR'd scar would turn some heads but will cost a lot of coin. For that price you could get two uppers and a lower but they are a great gun.

_Stormin_
03-07-14, 20:42
Cheese heads would be Wisconsin...

This bill passed in Washington...

jpeezy
03-07-14, 20:49
Yep caught that, thanks.

_Stormin_
03-07-14, 20:54
Hey, we are just caught up in the excitement here. This bill was believed to be dead and never leaving committee. The fact that it made it to a vote and then passed NINETY FIVE to three makes the will of the people pretty damn clear.

Glad to see this state has it's head on right at least some of the time.

prq9218
03-07-14, 21:11
If I read correctly on another forum, regardless of if he wants to veto, he can't due to how much it passed by.

lunchbox
03-07-14, 21:26
If coolness factor is issue, SBR'd AR lower with multiple uppers of various lengths of multiple calipers is pretty slick setup. I certainly feel cool as sh!t shootin mine:cool:...

Tactical Wobble
03-07-14, 22:42
Yeah, what prq and stormin said. It was passed with overwhelming support. 95-3 or something like that. So vetoing would definitely show blatant disregard for the peoples will, but it's not like we haven't seen that before. Yeah I was thinking the ar lower would be awesome to have different uppers to change, but then I'd have to spend even more on optics. Lol wish the pws system would fit under a DD mk18 ris II, would be perfect for lazy ppl like myself for cleaning. Is the blowback that bad on suppressed SBRs'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwknutson17
03-07-14, 22:54
Mk18 is my vote. Because I have one . :) I have mine suppressed with a M4-2000. If you shoot nose to CH then it's not the most plesent in longer strings of fire. BCM gunfighter CH has enough of a lip to keep it out of your face. Indoor shooting is worse. Outdoors it's no biggie. But one thing's for sure.. you wont like cleaning your gun after.

Tactical Wobble
03-09-14, 00:56
Mk18 is my vote. Because I have one . :) I have mine suppressed with a M4-2000. If you shoot nose to CH then it's not the most plesent in longer strings of fire. BCM gunfighter CH has enough of a lip to keep it out of your face. Indoor shooting is worse. Outdoors it's no biggie. But one thing's for sure.. you wont like cleaning your gun after.

Yeah I dig the mk18, more streamlined compared with the clunky scar. Hm you make it sound like it isn't too bad. Would a noveske adjustable gas block put all of the complaints of an sbr DI in check for the most part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nimdabew
03-10-14, 10:42
I have a pistol that has a 12.5" barrel, SPR/M4 mount, and a Mk18 RIS II. It is a pretty compact but handy setup... as soon as I get my stamp back for the stock.

We are asking permission for bearing arms... :(

ETA:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-RuDHxw5joZ0/Uuh86MvXQnI/AAAAAAAABPE/yVyhguxU_UE/w1127-h845-no/IMG_20140128_200032.jpg