PDA

View Full Version : IR X-Series Surefire Light?

TXBK
03-07-14, 14:55
Is there a viable option available to produce an X-300 with an IR cover or KM type conversion kit? I want to run an X300 at 12 o'clock, while having both white and IR light in the same light assembly. I am not particularly interested in an IR laser, having to run two separate light assemblies, or spending well over $1000 for a DBAL-D2.

The only option that I can find that is close to what I'm looking for is the Raid (M720V), but it is still not the X300 that I already have.

SeriousStudent
03-07-14, 21:22
Isn't the issue with the X300 that it does not produce light in the IR wavelength? The IR cover would not work, since there would not be any IR for it to pass through the filter?

I thought I remembered reading that someplace, possibly here.

TXBK
03-07-14, 21:44
There would have to be an incandescent head that fits a 1.125 diameter bezel, but I don't know if the internals of the light would support it if it does exist. There isn't an IR cover a 1.125 diameter bezel, but there are ways around that. A KM type conversion kit would work, but they are only available in the 1.37 bezel size.

I just figured that I'm not the only one that has wondered about this, and that surely someone had found a way. Uhhhh, even with a 10% off coupon, the RAID would be over $800.

TXBK
03-10-14, 11:58
From searching around other forums, I'm finding people saying that the RAID is the IR version of the X300, but I'm not seeing it. The RAID is not well-suited for 12 o'clock mounting like the X300, in my opinion. The controls don't seem to be good for it, and mounting a sight behind doesn't seem to be near as good as the X300 by a long shot. I have not seen a RAID in person, and don't want to drop the coin to check it out. Has someone ran one at 12 o'clock that can give some insight? Am I missing something?

Dear Surefire,

Will you please make me an X300 with white light and IR output from the same head. Thanks.

aftermath686
03-10-14, 15:07
There is an IR version of the X300 is called the X300V. V for Vampire series, which is Surefire's line of heads that have both a white light LED and IR LED in the same head. This will start shipping in approximately the next month or so. The X300V was at SHOT show, and you can find pictures online and it can also be seen in the 2014 catalog which can be downloaded on SF's sight. http://www.surefire.com/brochures

TXBK
03-10-14, 20:01
Ask and ye shall receive. I don't know how I didn't find that. I put full effort into my search, or so I thought. I appreciate you leading me to the light.

just a scout
03-10-14, 20:29
That's the one I was asking about a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD