PDA

View Full Version : So, What is your take on this?

RWH24
03-08-14, 19:16
http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/top-10-handguns/?page=1

They use manufacturing number for a year to rate. Some results I do not agree with but numbers are what it is.

brianc3
03-08-14, 19:50
Surprised to see that huge volume for Ruger, and to see the model 29 way up there.

weggy
03-08-14, 19:58
Well I saw absolutely nothing in that group that I would buy, with the exception of the 29. Love old Smith revolvers.:fie:

bluejackets92fs
03-08-14, 20:43
Well I saw absolutely nothing in that group that I would buy, with the exception of the 29. Love old Smith revolvers.:fie:

No Hi-Point love?

MegademiC
03-09-14, 15:19
I was surprised Kimber was so high, and equally surprised at the illumination system on the sample gun.

weggy
03-09-14, 15:32
No Hi-Point love?
I work with a group the teaches CCH classes, 85% of guns that fail are either Hi-Points or Taurus.
So no, no love for Hi-Point. Would rather carry a picture of a Colt than a Hi-Point or Taurus.

brianc3
03-09-14, 16:32
I work with a group the teaches CCH classes, 85% of guns that fail are either Hi-Points or Taurus.
So no, no love for Hi-Point. Would rather carry a picture of a Colt than a Hi-Point or Taurus.

But you know what happens, people go to the gun shop and see the $$ "deal" on the hi point and talk themselves into it and that's it's "just as good as...."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigun
03-10-14, 05:00
No accounting for taste. Most will probably be happy with their choices. Of course most wont see more than a couple of boxes of ammo through them before the owners lose interest or feel that they are good enough for home defense.

anachronism
03-10-14, 20:30
Nobody who buys a Taurus truly believes they may have to use it some day. They're just being "prepared".

19trax95
03-10-14, 20:54
I have 2 Taurus's. A 24/7 and a 1911. I would not trust the 24/7 at all. The 1911 I haven't had any issues with but I still wouldn't carry it. So both are delegated to range duty. I like the 1911 (I have others to compare it to, a kimber ultra carry, and a Remington) and its nice. But the 24/7 I don't like at all. I won it in a raffle so that's why I have it. That will get sold in the near future.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

tmanker
03-10-14, 21:48
This is based on manufacturing numbers. This is not directly related to sales, quality, reliability, etc... I would guess that most folks on this site would have a top 10 list that is very different. In fact, highest manufacturing numbers are something I would not pursue.

okie john
03-11-14, 14:52
http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/top-10-handguns/?page=1

They use manufacturing number for a year to rate. Some results I do not agree with but numbers are what it is.

Nothing to see here, folks.

This would be an interesting article had they understood what they found. Unfortunately, they didn't spend much time thinking it through or checking their work. For example, the subhead reads, "The most prolific makes of handguns manufactured in the U.S., based on production statistics provided to ATF." but the Glock is clearly marked "Austria" and the Taurus is stamped "Made in Brazil". They probably forgot to separate military production from civilian production, which is why Beretta has higher numbers than Glock. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Beretta figures included guns made in Italy but imported into the US.

I'd expect the logic behind the article to be as sloppy as the reporting of what they found.

Okie John

MegademiC
03-11-14, 19:24
Nothing to see here, folks.

This would be an interesting article had they understood what they found. Unfortunately, they didn't spend much time thinking it through or checking their work. For example, the subhead reads, "The most prolific makes of handguns manufactured in the U.S., based on production statistics provided to ATF." but the Glock is clearly marked "Austria" and the Taurus is stamped "Made in Brazil". They probably forgot to separate military production from civilian production, which is why Beretta has higher numbers than Glock. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Beretta figures included guns made in Italy but imported into the US.

I'd expect the logic behind the article to be as sloppy as the reporting of what they found.

Okie John

I agree with this. A lot I see by journalists that I know about is wrong. They usually draw incorrect conclusions from inconsistent data.