Darknightsights
05-23-08, 18:05
Hello! First post, so bare with me...

We are currently using Bushmaster 9mm carbines in select fire, and have
Springfield 1911s chambered in 40s&w. I'd like to know if anyone makes a
.40 upper for the AR15, magazines and who makes a compatible suppressor
for such an AR. We have to have the suppressors so we don't wake our
clients, and would like the 40 as it's not only same ammo as our
sidearms, but my team prefers its terminal performance as well.

Any suggestions?

LonghunterCO
05-23-08, 21:35
Oly makes a .40 upper but has a strange mag setup (Mag with welded spacer). I have seen a post from the Rock River rep that RR has a .40 upper based on the Colt 9mm design. He said that it was comming out as soon as they finished up a couple other things that they had going on. I would hold out for that and see if it meets your/your departments needs.

Darknightsights
05-25-08, 13:47
how about a silencer for the .40 cal ar? we need the silencers to keep the noise down in the compound incase of any [I]issues[I].

LonghunterCO
05-25-08, 21:40
AWC has some 10mm MP5 cans that should work with your .40 AR with the propper barrel setup. Maybe others too. Cans are outside my level of knowledge. Maybe others will post.

specopsquirrel
05-28-08, 19:26
I too am member of a 3 team, 4 man sleeper cell, performing 24 hour security on a secured residential complex. Our clients are employees of a particular agency on the east coast and their families. Were pretty much in the same boat as you Mr Sights. I'd love to hear any suggestions y'all may have. We're tired of the lack luster performance of our 9mm ARs, and would like something that matches our Glock 40s.

Darknight, are you guys interested in any joint training with us?

redtazdog
05-31-08, 15:51
how about a silencer for the .40 cal ar? we need the silencers to keep the noise down in the compound incase of any [I]issues[I].

AAC Evo 40
or have SRT make a Integeral upper for the AR

monkeywrench
06-01-08, 05:17
Hello! First post, so bare with me...

We are currently using Bushmaster 9mm carbines in select fire, and have
Springfield 1911s chambered in 40s&w. I'd like to know if anyone makes a
.40 upper for the AR15, magazines and who makes a compatible suppressor
for such an AR. We have to have the suppressors so we don't wake our
clients, and would like the 40 as it's not only same ammo as our
sidearms, but my team prefers its terminal performance as well.

Any suggestions?

I too am member of a 3 team, 4 man sleeper cell, performing 24 hour security on a secured residential complex. Our clients are employees of a particular agency on the east coast and their families. Were pretty much in the same boat as you Mr Sights. I'd love to hear any suggestions y'all may have. We're tired of the lack luster performance of our 9mm ARs, and would like something that matches our Glock 40s.

Darknight, are you guys interested in any joint training with us?

Is the mall ninja back?

specopsquirrel
06-03-08, 00:03
I'm not sure I get it. No one here mentioned anything about Malls or Ninjas.

G00CH
06-03-08, 04:15
Not again....:rolleyes:

miserai
06-03-08, 05:46
we had an olympic that took glock mags at the shop i work at, i cant remember what type of can it had on it.

RyanB
06-03-08, 07:11
Rock River will be building them shortly. That said, some of the posts in this thread seem... off.

Army Chief
06-03-08, 12:25
That said, some of the posts in this thread seem... off.

Nice to know I wasn't the only one that wasn't/isn't quite "getting it."

Granted, I'm a different kind of user with a different kind of need, but still ... something here is slightly out of phase.

Chief

Darknightsights
06-03-08, 18:41
great responces everyone that gave help. sorry i havent been able to check the thread in a while

we had an olympic that took glock mags at the shop i work at, i cant remember what type of can it had on it.

glock mags huh? that would be convieniant. maybe we could get those nice extended mags 30 rnds or so. ill have to look for those.
but i supose that, That was coustom job?

squirrel. dont know how the joint training would work, we are on the west coast and dont really have alot of down time, maybe some time in the future

Buck
06-03-08, 19:41
we are on the west coast and dont really have alot of down time, maybe some time in the future

http://pursenallhangers.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Secret_Squirrel__300.291165926_std.gif

Im on the west coast too... Who do you work for / with; and where are you located???

B

Voodoochild
06-03-08, 19:59
I remember seeing something like this on LF. Cant find the thread right now but I smell Horse Shit.

miserai
06-03-08, 21:14
glock mags huh? that would be convieniant. maybe we could get those nice extended mags 30 rnds or so. ill have to look for those.
but i supose that, That was coustom job?

http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=60&category_id=7&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=37

thats the link to the one that olympic makes, but if rra is gonna make one i would just wait for that to come out. the upper that we had was set up like a gemtech talon upper, i think the can might have been a gemtech or a awc i dont remember.

not even gonna comment on the other side of this thread.

monkeywrench
06-04-08, 07:12
http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/05/16/the-legend-of-mall-n.html

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/02/28/shrine-to-bragging-d.html

ToddG
06-04-08, 07:23
If you have a question for Gecko45 (the Mall Ninja), just ask him yourself (http://9x19mm.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14).

specopsquirrel
06-04-08, 23:08
http://pursenallhangers.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Secret_Squirrel__300.291165926_std.gif

Im on the west coast too... Who do you work for / with; and where are you located???

B

Oh yeah, like he'd tell you that!

For everyone that helped us out, thanks! And I'll definitely try checking out Gecko45's site and seeing what he has to say. I was actually recommended that from another site, but figured I'd see what the experts here at M4 had to say first.

For those of you that think you smell horse shit or whatever, what's your deal?! Don't be jealous just because all you and your M4 get to do is play yard ninja or range warrior while those of us with a use for a gun put our asses on the line keeping people safe at night! Like the saying goes, "rough men stand ready in the night ready to deliver evil on those that intend us harm".

Army Chief
06-04-08, 23:49
Now I'm absolutely certain that this entire thread is garbage. Those who truly stand in harm's way never feel it necessary to make overt claims of legitimacy. If you have to plead to be taken seriously on a resource such as this one, well ... enough said.

I'm disengaging before any of this gets unfriendly.

Chief

G00CH
06-04-08, 23:56
:confused:

Buck
06-05-08, 01:32
Very well... Just for the sake of discussion, what do you think the Commanding Officer of McChord Air Force base will think of your activities here on M4C...

Please contact me directly via PM or email with your specific information, which will be held in confidence and not posted in an open forum, or you will be banned from this site and I will forward this post and your connecting IP addresses to the 62nd Security Forces Squadron…

monkeywrench
06-05-08, 06:51
I smelt bull shit from the start!!

Voodoochild
06-07-08, 21:04
I'm telling you it sounds like a guy that posted on GlockTalk about being some super mall ninja that wanted to carry MP5 for security. There was a thread on lF about it but cant find it right now.

Rogue7a
06-10-08, 02:56
BWAHHHHAAAAA!!

ApexinM3
03-30-09, 11:54
Okay, mall ninja stuff aside...

I am curious about a .40S&W AR weapon also as I have a ton of it & think it would be a cool toy. I am not an operator/mall ninja/special forces/SEAL/Green Beret/GSG9/SAS/Spetznaz type so I won't be going in to combat with it so I'm not worried about terminal ballistics, stopping power, etc. I just enjoy shooting and would like something other than a 9mm AR.

What mags would it use (I'm unaware of any subgun based in .40 other than the MP5 10/.40).

Any suggestions? Anyone??? :confused:

Paul45
03-30-09, 15:25
Olympic Arms makes one in .40 S&W AR that uses Glock mags. I have their 9mm version that uses Glock mags.. It took some work to get it to function/ eject but I have been pleased for the last 2500 rounds. Try their site.

ApexinM3
03-30-09, 16:04
Olympic Arms makes one in .40 S&W AR that uses Glock mags. I have their 9mm version that uses Glock mags.. It took some work to get it to function/ eject but I have been pleased for the last 2500 rounds. Try their site.

Interesting. What kind of work are you referring to? I am curious as I'd like to go with a .40 S&W AR but so far have been pretty disappointed with what is out there. I am most likely going the AR45 route but as mentioned I have a ton of .40 that would be sweet in a carbine.

Thanks for responding so quickly, BTW!

No.6
03-30-09, 19:56
Re: AR45 in 10mm/.40.
On the CNC AR45 forum there is a guy who, IIRC, got his to work with 10mm using GG mags. Might be worth the searching to find him and see what he did. I do seem to remember him having to do some work on the feed ramp was about all.

Paul45
03-30-09, 21:56
Interesting. What kind of work are you referring to? I am curious as I'd like to go with a .40 S&W AR but so far have been pretty disappointed with what is out there. I am most likely going the AR45 route but as mentioned I have a ton of .40 that would be sweet in a carbine.

Thanks for responding so quickly, BTW!

Polished / deburred the BCG, installed a lighter buffer spring, polished all contact surfaces, and experimented with ammo brands. I keep it clean and it will run any major brand 9mm. It does not like the cheap dirty stuff. It's a blowback action and the unburnt powder and carbon clogs it up quickly. The brand name stuff works fine.

psdiver102
04-02-09, 20:36
I believe Kurts Kustom Firearms makes .40's

ApexinM3
04-03-09, 10:23
Interesting, thanks for the feedback. I'll be doing some more digging on this.

Thomas M-4
04-03-09, 21:53
http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/ this is what he is talking about the mall ninjia

LMAO

middleofnewengland
04-10-09, 23:40
http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/ this is what he is talking about the mall ninjia

LMAO

Just read it, they can't be serious, pulling your leg for a laugh, i hope....

hossb7
04-11-09, 02:20
Oh yeah, like he'd tell you that!

For everyone that helped us out, thanks! And I'll definitely try checking out Gecko45's site and seeing what he has to say. I was actually recommended that from another site, but figured I'd see what the experts here at M4 had to say first.

For those of you that think you smell horse shit or whatever, what's your deal?! Don't be jealous just because all you and your M4 get to do is play yard ninja or range warrior while those of us with a use for a gun put our asses on the line keeping people safe at night! Like the saying goes, "rough men stand ready in the night ready to deliver evil on those that intend us harm".

your trolling is too obvious.