PDA

View Full Version : Sabre/PK Custom Build

GaryXD
05-23-08, 20:34
I had to return to my native Illinois this week to get some business handled. I hate going there since I can't carry a gun in Naziland. So to cheer myself up I rerouted my journey to include a stop at PK Firearms in Shelbyville. Here's what I ended up with:

Sabre Defence 14.5" midlength barrel (chrome lined, M4 feed ramps, 1/7 twist)
Sabre Defence flat top upper with M4 cuts
Sabre Defence lower receiver
RRA lower parts kit
Vltor mil-spec receiver extension
GG&G single point sling plate
H buffer
Magpul trigger guard
Ergo pistol grip

It's not complete yet. After my next paycheck I'll get either a BCM or LMT BCG and sights. When the Magpul ACS stock comes out I'll get one of those. Here she is:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/GaryXD/dcp_2353.jpg

YukonGlocker
05-23-08, 23:28
Very nice!!!

SV650Squid
05-24-08, 01:17
This is almost the exact build I'm planning. I'm VERY interested in how it shoots. Please update when you get the chance to break it in.

ddemis
05-24-08, 02:30
14.5 inch barrel and a mid length gas system,best of both worlds! Give us an update as soon as possible.

docsherm
05-24-08, 09:30
That is a great looking rifle. I am looking at getting the same thing for PK. I want a simple lightweight rifle and that is the ticket. What are your plans for it, type of sights, rail, optics.....etc?

GaryXD
05-24-08, 15:17
That is a great looking rifle. I am looking at getting the same thing for PK. I want a simple lightweight rifle and that is the ticket. What are your plans for it, type of sights, rail, optics.....etc?

My normal setup is an EOTech 552 on a Larue mount with a Troy BUIS. I will be doing some research and decide if I want to go with that or if there is something better now.

Rail wise I am thinking about waiting on the Troy drop-in (assuming they are going to make one for a midlength).

docsherm
05-24-08, 16:09
Sounds good. I am looking at getting the DD Omega mid length and a AimPoint T1. Make sure you post some final pics.;)

ddemis
05-24-08, 22:52
DD Omega rail 9 inch just came out and it would look great on your toy. Grant has them in stock hint, hint!

GaryXD
06-04-08, 16:47
Update:
I got a BCM BCG in the mail today. I must say that is one fine looking unit. I lubed it and stuck it in the rifle along with a CMT charging handle. I did not add the supplied O-ring to the bolt since I figured it wasn't necessary with a midlength gas system.

I loaded 40 rounds of Prvi M193 into two Magpul PMAGs and headed to the range. The gun functioned perfectly. No surprise there.

I need to get my wife to work some overtime now so she can buy me some sights for the gun.

Jay Cunningham
06-04-08, 17:23
Very, very nice.

JFPATCH
06-05-08, 20:09
Nice looking carbine. Ever since Turbo Supra and Hawkeye built their 14.5 middys I've been paying attention to the developments with this format.

Am I the only one that would like to see Sabre sell these barrels without the perm attached flash hider? It would be nice to have options for muzzle attachments and handguards.

K9-Bob
06-12-08, 08:52
Nice looking rifle. I am tempted to get a Sabre 14.5 barrel, but I don't want the permanently mounted A2 extended flash hider.

I think I am going to call PK and see if he can get me one without flash hider. I might want to use a Vortex instead.