PDA

View Full Version : Ruger LCR feedback?

mike56
03-11-14, 15:43
See alot of threads for Smith J-frames, but not much on the ruger offering.

Trying to decide between them. Grip on the LCR is comfortable but big. Smith seem a little better made.

??

Quiet-Matt
03-11-14, 16:36
I carry a J frame, my Dad carries a LCR. I have limited time on the LCR, so about all I can really add is that I prefer the feel of the J frame with the smaller Houge grip that came on it. The LCR does have a better trigger pull in my opinion.

cbmj
03-11-14, 20:21
I've have both and carry both of them. I prefer the LCR to me it is more controllable in rapid fire and has a better trigger. The hogue grip does a better job with recoil than the boot grip on the j frame. Depending on the pants the LCR prints a little more in the pants pocket. In aiwb or strong side iwb there is no difference in concealing them. Also if you want to change the front sight the LCR will have the edge, drive out the roll pin and put in a new one. There's really no bad choice good luck in picking one or get both.

rathos
03-12-14, 01:55
my LCR has a better trigger then my 442 j frame. I also like the fact that I can put a decent sight on the front of it without gun smithing. The only downside to an LCR is it is slightly bigger.

moonshot
03-12-14, 08:35
The only downside to an LCR is it is slightly bigger.

I'm not sure about this, but doesn't the LCR have a security lock burried under the grip?

ST911
03-12-14, 09:44
OP- We have several discussions already on the LCR, comparisons to J-frames and SP101s, etc.