PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Blackhawk 30 round magazines?

Nightvisionary
03-11-14, 15:44
I saw a whole rack full of Blackhawk stainless steel with orange follower 30 round magazine at a local shop. Does anyone have any experience with these or know who the manufacturer is? They look a lot like the C products mags. Im pretty well stocked on magazines but For $10.80 out the door I would probably pick up a couple if they are decent.

discreet
03-11-14, 17:00
I saw a whole rack full of Blackhawk stainless steel with orange follower 30 round magazine at a local shop. Does anyone have any experience with these or know who the manufacturer is? They look a lot like the C products mags. Im pretty well stocked on magazines but For $10.80 out the door I would probably pick up a couple if they are decent.

Considering you can get Troy and Pmags for cheaper than that, and much more proven USGI mags for just a dollar or two more, why risk saving the 5-10$ total on 5-10 mags.

Nightvisionary
03-11-14, 18:17
Considering you can get Troy and Pmags for cheaper than that, and much more proven USGI mags for just a dollar or two more, why risk saving the 5-10$ total on 5-10 mags.

I have many Pmag, USGI, and Troy mags already in my inventory. Going forward I will NOT continue to support a company like Troy so I will not be purchasing their products again. I have never owned any stainless steel magazines and wouldn't mind trying something new if reliability is good.

Kain
03-11-14, 18:30
I don't know what a stainless steel body really offers over aluminum other than being heavier all things being equal. on a side note Brownells has their mags on sale for $9.99. Would be more inclined to trust those over the Blackhawk mags personally.

SilverBullet432
03-11-14, 18:42
I use pmags amd have 5 c-products mags. the c products work good so far. Got those for 5.99 each on a
PSA sale

plumpsquirrel3
03-12-14, 04:00
I have two of them I received free with an ammo purchase. The floor plate is marked ASC LLC. and the follower is proprietary. I've only fired with these mags once but they worked. Only issue I had was that they would get caught on my ambi catch release.

jason1975
04-30-14, 00:20
Not a big fan of Blackhawk's product. Go for a PMAG

Moose-Knuckle
04-30-14, 02:52
I have two of them I received free with an ammo purchase. The floor plate is marked ASC LLC. and the follower is proprietary. I've only fired with these mags once but they worked. Only issue I had was that they would get caught on my ambi catch release.

I'd steer clear of these mags. With NHMTGs going for $12 and PMAGs can be found on sale for $10 why bother with questionable mags. YMMV.