PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Heading Down the PWS T3 Road

Ttwwaack
03-11-14, 16:01
I've got a couple of nice 22s and was thinking of heading down the Savage road with their trainer when I happened upon the PWS T3 rifle this past weekend at the fun show. I've been in the closet about a biathlon style action for quite a few years and now this shows up.

My currect rifles are set up as follows:

Rem 541S - factory stock with a Leupold 2-7 rf scope.

Volquartson VX 2500 with a 1/8th min dot Weaver 4-16

Rem 40x with a Lupy 6.5-20 LR on a 20moa base

Presently, I'm playing with the 40x as my trainer but getting tired of hand feeding it hence looking into the Savage with the magazine. I've looked at converting the 40x myself (which i don't feel comfy with) or sending it out ($500) which would almost justify the Savage so my mind was made up. Now, with the addition of the T3 action in the mix I'm back at square 1.5..

Everything I've seen about it seems great but it has only been on the market a short time. The question is... is it worthy enough to sink a ton of money in for the ease of loading, wait for further from the field or go with the savage in the Manners stock.

mark5pt56
03-11-14, 16:28
What's the pricing on these? I guess you are after the straight pull action? I'm back and forth right now on a nice .22, kind of looking at the 64MP.

jandbj
03-11-14, 21:33
I paid $750 for mine with the raptor stock. Most expensive rimfire I ever bought.
Best suppressor host I've ever shot... And I've shot a lot of rimfires through the years.

A few thousand rounds later and still no regrets whatsoever!

Ttwwaack
03-11-14, 22:19
Was also looking at a 2013 in a wood prone stock in the initial shakeout. :) Got 2 now, a 1730 22 hornet and a 1517 22 mag.

Actions, barrels, barreled actions and rifles at www.primaryweapons.com/firearms/t3/

Received an email from CS. Pic Rail is 20 moa only.

8200rpm
03-12-14, 20:37
Everything I've seen about it seems great but it has only been on the market a short time.

With the amount of aftermarket support for the 10/22 (especially triggers, barrels, and stocks), the possibilities are infinite with the T3 as long as the action doesn't have any weaknesses or issues with durability.

I've been talking myself out of a Savage MkII for awhile. Now this.